Killers should have a speed boost until their first chase/interaction.

Options
Maelstrom10
Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922
edited September 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Until a killer gets into a chase/uses their power/finds a survivors/stealth hits a survivor, looking at a survivor within 32m's - any interaction with a survivor or their overall power, they should have a significant start of the match speed boost (5/10% possibly more for killers underperforming)

This would help killers start of the match far easier, not impact killers doing well all too much, and purely just increase chase interaction at the start of a match.

Thoughts? I think this would genuinely be a nice buff even on the survivor side, as it would be more fun to get into the actual chase gameplay faster, (even if it's more risky.)

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

I kind of notice how much it helps while playing Wraith. So I vaguely agree. But at the same time, I do not necessarily want a killer on me 5 seconds after the game starts either.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

A speed boost with lethal pursuer would be pretty op tbh

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707
    Options

If this will ever be a thing. The devs need to fix the difference between solo q and SWF first.

This would make solo q unbearable.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,730
    Options

No, but it would make a great perk. Make it a Perk instead.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

if you want to get your first chase quickly, let me introduce you to this perk

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,921
    Options

I'm not so much in favour of that, although I can certainly see the argument for it and it's certainly not an unreasonable idea.

However, you did get me thinking back to when The Blight was being introduced, where killers could have an add-on that gave them a speed boost that was exceptional, although they could not attack during that phase.

What if, as survivors have chests, killers had their own version where they could retrieve their own mini, once-only benefits like the aforementioned speed boost, or perhaps a tool to rebuild one broken totem into a dull one (that can be lit up if Undying is still active, NOED is in place, etc..

It can't be that powerful because of what they're already armed with, but it would be nice to see this alternative.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options
  • Maelstrom10
    Options

And yet Billy, spirit with speed add-ons, wraith, blight, nurse, all wouldn't benefit from the speed boost as they'd instantly use their power.

5% is one pwyf stack, and would save probably an avg of 5s or less with lethal pursuer. This would arguably be more beneficial without it, even though your first instinct would be to pair it with the speedboost, but since lethal pursuer helps you find people instantly, and this simply helps you save time based on you not finding your first chase, the speedboost gets more value the more time you spend not chasing at the start of the match.

(Ie if saves you from wasting as much time at the start of the match by allowing you to search faster, whilst lethal pursuer cuts out that search time entirely, therefore only boosting you slightly to get there, which some killers can already do way better)

Yeah, and just because another issue needs to be fixed, doesn't mean others don't deserve priority as well. I 100% agree with you that solo needs to be brought up (with more information.) But I also feel that lower tier killers (trapper, etc) deserve a bit of starting game help

Wow. It's almost as if that would be a bandaid solution that works best primarily on killers with a movement ability,

whereas my suggestion helps boost lower tier killers/killers without a movement ability to gain momentum, rather then forcing them to lose a perk slot.

• Money_Mike
    Money_Mike Member Posts: 22
    Options

Like as if Wraith needs ANOTHER speed buff.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 537
    edited September 2021
    Options

Not worth the slot, Discordance Whispers and even Corrupt give way more value, 2 of them for all the match

• Maelstrom10
    Options

This literally would not benefit wraith in any single way. - wraith automatically uses his power at the start of the match.

If you read it you would probably realise exactly who this primarily helps - trapper (until he picks up or places his first trap/gets into chase) clown, doctor, ranged killers, and bubb/hag i guess.

It immediately switches off if you get into a chase/use an ability. Which wraith does when he spawns in. So he would be the sole, single exception that can gain no use whatsoever from it. Heck nurse would atleast be able to walk faster at the start of a match, until she blinks.

Ah yes a bandaid solution. Of which, this doesn't really relate to, since using lethal pursuer is far more useful on killers with a movement ability (of which wouldn't make use of this buff.) And its use on a killer without a movement ability, takes up a slot which could be dedicated to other perks.

• Maelstrom10
    Options

I wouldn't say lethal pursuer is valueless. Just that it's primarily useful on killers with a movement ability (Ie all the top killers.) Without one, and the ability to capitalize on the immediate knowledge, it's far less useful and even useless

~ it does help the first chase tho, but my suggestion would help players who are already wasting time, by allowing them to check things initially a little bit faster. Ironically enough, it would make lethal pursuer a bit more useful on killers without a movement ability

• Artemisha
    Artemisha Member Posts: 401
    Options

And survs should spawn next to the killer. At the bassement.

Jokin aside, I don´t think it´s a bad idea. It´s the most vulnerable stage of the game for killers and it would be a good buff for assasins with no movility.

But I agree with this man. Solo q is hard enough already. They have to buff solo Q before balancing the killers propperly.

• Artemisha
    Artemisha Member Posts: 401
    Options

I understood that he proposes speed boost for killers out of their power. So it would´nt affect wraith, spirits, blights and even nurses.

But it´d do well on pig, trapper, clown, etc.