Rank reset rewards

voiceofguns27
voiceofguns27 Member Posts: 80
edited September 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Blood points for the lower ranks I think is fine. But, I don't need an extra 200-250k BP every month to get my 1 out of 100 purple flashlights to be lost to Franklin's. It will take me a lifetime to replenish that purple flashlight that was lost. I think red ranks should deserve blood shards if they are going to put the time and effort in to go from rank 20 to at least rank 4 each month. It's a good amount of time to grind out.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• Ludicris
    Ludicris Member Posts: 244

Your complaint is getting inventory for Survivors?

Run Ace in the Hole, and farm items while playing. Getting items as Survivor is incredibly easy, and cheap.

• voiceofguns27
    edited September 2021

It was one example of many. Not just survivors. Second, I know about the chest searching build. It's not hard, indeed. Third, killers have it a lot easier on stocking inventory as they don't have to worry about items. If killers are constantly red ranks each rank reset, they don't need more blood points to stock up on add-ons or offerings they have 100+ of.

• voiceofguns27

It's one of many examples. I know about the chest searching build. I know it's not hard to farm that way, too. But, for killers, they have it a lot easier in stock piling as they don't have to worry about items. All they need are add-ons and offerings. So, for them already being in red ranks constantly after each reset, why would they need more blood points to keep stock piling add-ons faster than they can use them? Red ranks don't need blood points.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I guess it would encourage me to rank up if they gave shards.

• BabuDweet
    BabuDweet Member Posts: 556

Really? The part about the flashlight is just dramatic honestly.

But I do agree for iridescent grades you should be given some shards on top of the bps or they should up the amount of bps.

• Ludicris
    Ludicris Member Posts: 244

When did this become a comparison thread? Also why does it matter how hard it is for Killers to get Add-ons?

Most Add-ons for each Killer is useless, except for a few add-ons. Which then many - MANY Killers are add-on dependent on those few add-ons (Ghostface and power CD add-ons), and have a hard time finding them because they have 20+ add-ons to wade through and 40+ Offerings, just trying to find for those 1-3 add-ons.

For Survivors every item is useful for the most important parts of playing Survivor, every add-on makes that main objective better. Survivors don't have an add-on that removes their power to repair generator for a messely 200bp increase that is capped anyways, so it doesn't matter.

In addition that Survivors CAN FIND ITEMS AND ADDONS IN GAME EASILY.

You want a Purple Flashlight? Take Ace in the Hole, take a green broken key, search the basement chest. You practically are guaranteed a green or purple item. Hell even if you didn't take a green key, there is still only 5 common/uncommon items you could get (which is still useful Medkits Toolboxes, and flashlight). Out of 18 items. You have 5/18 chance to get an item that is common/uncommon, but still incredibly useful to your character.

• Triadequinaxor
    Triadequinaxor Member Posts: 213

Rank rewards dont matter in this game and there is no incentive to be good at this game because no one cares. its a shame really, waste of potentional.

• Raihje
    Raihje Member Posts: 72

Honestly I'd rather see the blood web just have rarity tokens exchanged for addons (either for items or powers) of the same rarity. This whole lets spend 5 million blood points just so I can play with the addons I want is kinda rough

• kodiaky
    kodiaky Member Posts: 51

At rank 1 iridescent should give 2500 iridescent shards at least. I still think it's too little but I think it would be reasonable.

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334

They're hedging their bets.

Rank has been a waste of time recently.

At release, when you had real infinites, making rank 1 killer meant something. Only time I see rank even mentioned nowdays, is when the lesser minded try to throw insults at you in end game lobby ie. You're rank 10, while I'm rank 8, you must be bad.

There's no point sweating rank 1. If these changes go through, it still won't be enough to sweat rank 1, but the devs hope it will be enough. If it isn't, they'll change it.

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789
    edited September 2021

Need to increase bloodpoints game-wide to help with this massive, ever-growing grind, to be honest.

Or rework perks to make them two tiered and not three.

• voiceofguns27
    edited September 2021

Red rank killer and survivors aren't hurting for BP. They've more than likely have grinded out a copious stockpile of items, add-ons, and offerings on the characters they play on the most. What good does an extra 200-250k per reset do for them? I think the extra BP is best suited for the lower ranks, for sure. If there are red rank players who are hurting for more BP, I'm curious to know. Personally, I'd rather take the extra shards over BP. I'm never hurting for BP.