Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Steam accounts visibility to killer

Steam accounts visibility to killer:As a killer, the steam accounts of the survivors are visible in the lobby before starting the match. This can be dramatic since sometimes the killer can be bound to a specific survivor by texting them and trying to kill the others only. I believe they should only be available after the game in any cases.

Comments

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

It happens on occasion but mostly if the killer and survivor per chance knew each-other in-beforehand.

• Ashkan
    Ashkan Member Posts: 26

@se05239 said:
    It happens on occasion but mostly if the killer and survivor per chance knew each-other in-beforehand.

yes but there is a chance that they Realize the language used on their profiles and they find that they are in the same country and try to add each other and farm!

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Most of the time it's rare to get farmed and more likely to do farming for double bps etc and usually they check it to see if you're a premade or have gotten achievements done.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Ashkan said:

@se05239 said:

yes but there is a chance that they Realize the language used on their profiles and they find that they are in the same country and try to add each other and farm!

That chance is so low though. I've only been part of it once or twice during the last months, and that is including the halloween event.

• Ashkan

@se05239 said:

@Ashkan said:

@se05239 said:

That chance is so low though. I've only been part of it once or twice during the last months, and that is including the halloween event.

True! but if you are seeking a perfection in a game , you need to fix every single hole that may cause a problem!

• Ashkan

@powerbats said:
    Most of the time it's rare to get farmed and more likely to do farming for double bps etc and usually they check it to see if you're a premade or have gotten achievements done.

farming in any condition harms the balance so the condition doesn't matter if someone is farming , there is just one condition that can't be undone that killer is ordering you to do something and you are the last man standing xD.

• powerbats

@Ashkan said:

@se05239 said:

@Ashkan said:

@se05239 said:

True! but if you are seeking a perfection in a game , you need to fix every single hole that may cause a problem!

True, but it's costs versus benefits analysis at the moment how often does it happen versus what it'd cost and then you have consoles where they can see it still.

That said with dedicated servers hosting the info it probably won't be visible beyond just names anyways so no profile clicking.

• Ashkan

@powerbats said:

@Ashkan said:

@se05239 said:

@Ashkan said:

@se05239 said:

True, but it's costs versus benefits analysis at the moment how often does it happen versus what it'd cost and then you have consoles where they can see it still.

That said with dedicated servers hosting the info it probably won't be visible beyond just names anyways so no profile clicking.

yup that's another point and if it get fixed by dedicated servers i think that's just fine.

• The_Trapper
    The_Trapper Member Posts: 186

As a killer main I like being able to view the profiles. Because when 4 claudettes show up I can see if they're SWF. I won't entertain toxic SWFs.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Ashkan said:
    Steam accounts visibility to killer:As a killer, the steam accounts of the survivors are visible in the lobby before starting the match. This can be dramatic since sometimes the killer can be bound to a specific survivor by texting them and trying to kill the others only. I believe they should only be available after the game in any cases.

Survivors can message killers too.

Its the nature of the steam platform that you can message/invite players you are playing with.

• Ashkan

@Master said:

@Ashkan said:

Its the nature of the steam platform that you can message/invite players you are playing with.

Survivors Cannot see The killer Before the game starts ,they can see him after the game.

• Master

@Ashkan said:

@Master said:

@Ashkan said:

Survivors Cannot see The killer Before the game starts ,they can see him after the game.

They can see him during game too and thats totally sufficient assuming we are talking about the thing you stated above.

• powerbats

@Master said:

They can see him during game too and thats totally sufficient assuming we are talking about the thing you stated above.

It depends on if the profile is set to private mine is to deter trolls and has been for a long time and quite a few players on both sides in my matches done the same.

In the case of the person is known to the killer they can message them or if it's a streamer that's even easier.

• Master

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

It depends on if the profile is set to private mine is to deter trolls and has been for a long time and quite a few players on both sides in my matches done the same.

In the case of the person is known to the killer they can message them or if it's a streamer that's even easier.

Well survivors can set their profile to private too and afaik, you can still message a player with private profile, so....?

• powerbats

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

Well survivors can set their profile to private too and afaik, you can still message a player with private profile, so....?

Yes as I said both sides can and do set their profiles to private and you even if you message them since they're set to private. They might not see it if they're notifications are off while in game or they don't have overlay enabled or aren't checking.

You also have to deal with sometimes lobby times are quick enough that you won't be able to see the notification in time.

• Master

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

Yes as I said both sides can and do set their profiles to private and you even if you message them since they're set to private. They might not see it if they're notifications are off while in game or they don't have overlay enabled or aren't checking.

You also have to deal with sometimes lobby times are quick enough that you won't be able to see the notification in time.

Messages still pop up if you have your profile on private, the onyl thing a private profile does is hiding your profile, hours friends etc :smile:

• powerbats

@Master said:

Messages still pop up if you have your profile on private, the onyl thing a private profile does is hiding your profile, hours friends etc :smile:

While true people generally don't check messages in game if their profile is set to private since they don't want to get distracted. It drives me nuts when my notification alert starts spamming right in the middle of a game.

• Master

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

While true people generally don't check messages in game if their profile is set to private since they don't want to get distracted. It drives me nuts when my notification alert starts spamming right in the middle of a game.

I always smile since it means that a survivor is afk :smile:

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

You can do this on ps4 and Xbox too, but it never happens so..

• Ashkan
    edited December 2018

it's not just about messaging , u can also add the survivor and make a voice chat after getting friends , in ongiong-match u cannot see killer steam profile , the only way u can see killer's steam profile is the lobby at the end of match. (in PC's Version)