The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Game is unplayable as killer

Since the pinhead update, I can't play killer. I constantly teleport backwards and sideways during chases, survivors teleport around, all this with a ping of around 50 on a wired connection. Not only is it not my connection, but it's not even all of DBD. I can play the exact same time of day with survivor, on the same connection on the same PC with the same settings with no issues whatsoever. No latency, no teleporting, nothing. It's getting so old how fundamentally broken this game becomes with each new patch. Since no one on the dev team bothered to fix this during the PTB, when can we expect to see the game be playable at all for killer?

Comments

• ArchAbhor
    ArchAbhor Member Posts: 847

I'm not experiencing any of this. Whats your system specs? A vid showing this would help

• SuffragetteCity
    SuffragetteCity Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2021

My machine's pretty beefy since it was made for 3d rendering and editing, so I don't think that's the issue, and other online games, including DBD as long as I play survivor, are working just fine as well.

Ryzen threadripper 3960x

128gb ddr4 3600 ram

GTX 3070 ti

Game is installed on a 1tb nvme SSD

(Obviously there's more but that's all I can think of that would be relevant)

I did end up submitting a report that has a short clip compilation and more details, and I will say I've not experienced this before this patch.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/279394/teleporting-as-killer-survivors-teleporting-when-playing-as-killer#latest

It's driving me nuts, I don't know what would begin to cause this if my ping sits comfortably at 50ish ms, and I have task manager monitoring my connection open on another monitor the whole time, and nothing looks off there, either.

• ArchAbhor
    ArchAbhor Member Posts: 847

Yeah thats a crazy system

you try validating the files then if that doesnt work reinstalling the game?

After watching it makes me think maybe its a connection to the server issue. Are you using a VPN?

• Sustina
    Sustina Member Posts: 46
    edited September 2021

Im having the same problem. Ever since this update came out im constantly teleporting backwards and even have delay when breaking down gens (It sometimes takes like two seconds for the generator break after i've kicked it). I also hit a survivor but apparently that was a missed attack,but they still were displayed as wounded in my GUI.

So yeah you're not alone i guess.

• SuffragetteCity
    SuffragetteCity Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2021

Haha yeah, probably a bit overkill for DBD which is part of what makes this frustrating. No, no VPN, I only run through a wired connection directly into my modem, and everything runs just fine as survivor. I turned wifi off completely just to be sure it wasn't trying to run through it for some reason. I tried troubleshooting my modem just in case, unplugging it and plugging it back in, trying a different ethernet cable, plugging it into my other ethernet adapter.

Last night I verified the files and nothing needed to be fixed, so I uninstalled from the current NVME SSD it was housed on and reinstalled it onto my 2.5" SSD just to check, and it's still doing the same thing. Still no acknowledgement on my ticket either on BHVR's end.

Edit: I just played Apex Legends, Sea of Thieves and Monster Hunter World online with no latency issue, and tested survivor again this morning to confirm what I experienced yesterday was still holding true, and I am still able to play survivor with no lag or latency issues whatsoever. Beyond being frustrated at part of the game being unplayable, I'm also baffled at why one would be effected but not the other.

Post edited by SuffragetteCity on