Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

being in 5.2.2 instead of 5.2.1 and not allowing me to play the game

Hello I am a player of the Xbox version of Dead By Daylight and I have recently been playing I usually play survivor but I had been interested on playing the killer known as The Clown so what I have done is bought your currency Auric Cells but one problem started to happen I had opened the game but I was stuck on the title screen and it did not allow me to continue on after that after I learned about that I had restarted my Xbox Series s

When I open Dead By Daylight it said that I had to update the game so I did when the update was finished the title screen allowed me to go to the main menu and I went to the in-game store I have bought The Clown and was about to play a custom game with my friends

When I have invited my friends they couldn't join so I said invite me instead they have and Was greeted by this message

ERROR

Matchmaking failed because there is no matchmaking queue for your current client version

your current client version 5.2.2

I have restarted my Xbox and reinstalled and neither of them have worked so I am making this post to ask for help for this problem to be fixed in short

1. I start the game
  2. I queue for a match
  3. I wait an extended period of time
  4. the game displayed an error screen telling me that I am a version above every player
  5. I cannot play the character I have just payed $5.00 on

If you want to know what profile I'm currently using it is the Xbox account "Minkey Man E"

I thank you for reading this message

11 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• b3rt0
    b3rt0 Member Posts: 8

I'm getting the same error message, cant play survivor or killer and was fine yesterday. I'm playing on series x. Game unplayable

• Jesseey
    Jesseey Member Posts: 1

Im having this same problem! I cant play with anyone or on cross play etc.

• neo2681
    neo2681 Member Posts: 7

I am having the same issue. I can't play a match, and when trying to match with friends it keeps giving me a game mismatch error.

• Lacrima84
    Lacrima84 Member Posts: 20
    edited September 2021

Same problem. With the update 5.2.2 it does not allow entry into the game. From an error to the queue.

Xbox series x

• GodricPan
    GodricPan Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2021

Same problem with the Xbox Series S. I have the update 5.2.2 and i can not play with any of my friends because they are on update 5.2.1.

Dead by daylight team? Please solve that problem. We want to play on the weekend with friends….

• aylawell
    aylawell Member Posts: 119

So its not just me.. thats consoling in an odd way.. I thought I got hacked or something, I've been losing my mind with no dbd xd. Thank you whoever linked me here <3

• Bassador
    Bassador Member Posts: 92

Blame Microsoft for throwing the patch out too early