Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Nerf Dead Hard meta build

Comments

• Apollos
    Apollos Member Posts: 1,052

you're busted โŒ

get down, you're surrounded โ€ผ๏ธ

๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿš”๏ธ๐Ÿ‘ฎ๐Ÿ“ข๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ‘งโ€๐Ÿ‘ฆ๐Ÿ‘ฎโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿš”๏ธ๐Ÿš”๏ธ๐Ÿšจ

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 612

Did you ever take my advice the other day and actually try out dead hard for a few matches as a survivor? I feel like, based on the posts we've interacted in you never have actually used it. As I told someone on reddit the other day, dead hard requires precise timing - for instance, going to a pallet - you can easily mistime. If you hit e too early, you don't make it in time, get exhausted on the ground. You time too late, you miss the prompt for the pallet and get exhausted on the ground.

But in general, I still do not think dh or the survivor meta needs to be nerf, nor does the killer meta. All I long for is for other perks to be useful, and we actually see a variety in builds so every match. When I solo survive I just get the same old boring meta on both sides while I just run random builds/items + addons from a randomizer or my normal kindred+bond+bt+random perk based on how I feel. shrugs

• dallasmedicbag
    dallasmedicbag Member Posts: 571

well if you're gonna nerf a perk based on how often it's used, then you would also think that pop goes the weasel should be nerfed too, right?

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

Listen lmao you can't just keep avoiding the question of what you were using when you complain about meta perks lmao. If you are playing with a killer meta build you are just as bad, both sides have annoying meta builds, you can't point at one when you are also using one lol if you werent using a meta build, then yeah it sucks seeing the same thing every match, but just nerfing that stuff isn't ever the answer. The problem is the feel or needs to have to use those, just like you yourself thinking you need to be using slowdown perks, because of bad balance of the base game.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

What killer and build do you use?

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,838

I wouldnโ€™t say necessarily that people are bad for running meta perks, just insecure in their own skill.

• Underdawg
    Underdawg Member Posts: 193

Ok, now you have to show us your build. The suspense! ๐Ÿ˜‚

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304

Let me guess your build.

Ruin, Pop, Tinkerer, Corrupt

Or

Ruin, Undying, Tinkerer, Corrupt

Okay.

• ThanksForDaily

And where is the 4th survivor? Probably got tunneled out with 2k bps.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

I don't mind borrowed time at all, but dead hard is very annoying. Not knowing if you're safe to commit to a hit is just obnoxious. Iron will needs some sort of (very generous) duration timer.

• Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Member Posts: 500

This topic is only here, because you just opened it, and looking at your comments and topics, you seem to be obsessed with deadhard.

• SomberNokk
    SomberNokk Member Posts: 732

Running multiple second chances is far from skill. So is only being able to loop shack.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

My guy itโ€™s resourced in the game therefore they can be used. I think itโ€™s best we donโ€™t shame others for running them when your side probably does the exact same thing.

• SomberNokk

16 meta second chance perks will always be more powerful then 4 in which 2 can be taken out of the game real quick.

• SomberNokk

Im not saying dont run them but dont act like running DS Unbreakable Dead hard and Iron will didnt carry you for a solid amount of the game.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Iโ€™m not saying it doesnโ€™t, but Iโ€™m not gonna act like killersโ€™ crutches arenโ€™t as oppressive.

• SomberNokk

I can agree that Ruin Undying can carry someone as well, these perks arent earned by skill full plays but its undenable that 4 people running second chances in the right hands will most likely be more powerful.

• Marik13
    Marik13 Member Posts: 683

I mean...you're out here saying one set of perks is busted, so I'd be curious to know what perks your running too.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

So thats justification for calling people skill less. I have seen killers get carried by meta builds. So why aren't you calling them skill less?

It's completely hypocritical to say survivors are skilless for running meta perks but killers aren't.

• SomberNokk
    edited September 2021

Literally just said that Ruin Undying can carry a killer ๐Ÿค”. Its ok though, we have survivors to critique out builds. My point is that one meta is stronger then the other.

• dspaceman20
  • dspaceman20

There shouldn't be a problem if you agree (which I assume you do) that both sides should be equally criticize.

Although I would perfer if people didn't call anyone, either killer or survivor, that they have no skill regardless of the perks they run.

• getuy45u4iu
    getuy45u4iu Member Posts: 93

Yes, DH needs a nerf because itโ€™s too strong, giving iframes, unlike other exhaustion perks, and giving distance before hit, so killer canโ€™t do anything if DH is timed properly. Also extremely frustrating, why do survivors fix their mistakes so easily when one killerโ€™s mistake can cost them the entire match? DH takes skill, but less than other exhaustion perks, where you should plan ahead and save it. Survivors would do just fine if DH just got removed from the game.

Also I donโ€™t understand why you ask the killer to show his perks? Looks like same whataboutism, that some people donโ€™t like when someone brings up survivor perks in a NOED thread. And I donโ€™t think anyone is going to be ashamed of running DH. People running it are probably so used to it they wonโ€™t feel comfortable with any other exhaustion perk.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

Those perks only even the playing field for killer, allowing them to just play the game. It's the fun chase perks, that people can't run because they're not gen defence, that actually add to a killer's chase strength. If survivors can't even do the gens, then it's their game sense that needs analyzing, not the killer's.

• NinthPixel
    NinthPixel Member Posts: 60

The perk is easy to counter by not attacking at the first moment. But I am only gold rank killer, so maybe I haven't I seen it used that well. To me, the perk just look stupid. You can't animate a forward roll or some more cool evade? I think that is where the frustration lies for killers, you gonna tell me THAT just evaded my attack, really?

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Ruin undying tinkerer is the worse.

Boooooriiiing. But its meta cause thats what is effective. Same for dh borrowed.

Complain to devs, not the players using those busted things.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

"Also I don't understand why you ask killer to show his perks"- It's pretty obvious why people wanna know what perks they were using... I find it kinda funny that the OP won't say, haha. I'm guessing they were using META perks as well. ๐Ÿ˜‚

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Without showing the full picture this 1 image means nothing.

90% of the killers I face either have Ruin or Pop. Does that mean they have no skill? Dead hard is meta, so are they. Both help you complete your respective objective.

The argument people will make is "killers needs to run this because the game is unbalanced". This is where showing your build actually matters. If your playing as Nurse, Spirit or Blight and running a full meta build then you shouldn't be complaining about dead hard.

I don't mind the idea of an eventual dead hard nerf but the way you've tried to argue your point wasn't great. I also agree with the idea that once dead hard is nerfed, and every starts using Sprint Burst that killers will also complain about nerfing it.

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328

DH doesnt need a nerf. It might 'supress damage' but it gives you next to no distance. It has plus and minus it just feels bad to killers cuz you feel cheated from a hit. Its situational, it can be baited, it is used a lot but again so are the meta builds for killers with ruin, pop, undying etc.

If the question is more of changing the meta then there needs to be better viable perks for both sides to spice it up a bit. Lucky break had the potential for example but when they nerfed it it became a waste of a perk slot so no meta changed.

Id rather see strong/viable new perks added to both sides at the same time so we can have the chance for more random builds.

Ideally they should go back to making perks that counter eachother when they make a killer and survivor dlc. Now it feels out of sync a bit so each side is playing catch up.

• Rescultir
    Rescultir Member Posts: 185
    edited September 2021

The only time DH is effective is if survivors know how to use it correctly. If you swing at a person when they DH out in the open, that's a you problem for not waiting for the DH or for at least checking. If the survivor uses it to go to a pallet or to get to a safer spot, it's up to you to continue the chase or leave him. Only unskilled players will say unskilled survivors use this perk, there is much more to it than just equipping it and pushing E. Every other exhaustion perk sucks other than maybe sprint burst which you will see low-end players use most of the time because they don't know how to use Dead Hard.

And I can see that you have 2, maybe 3 kills right there so I have no idea what you're complaining about since you clearly got them with DH in play.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620

Dead Hard and Borrowed Time are two of the most commonly used survivor perks for good reason - they are VERY STRONG. No one can deny that they can be borderline busted.

Letโ€™s stick to Dead Hard, the topic of the thread. There are NO KILLER PERKS that give immediate results to ending a chase. Dead Hard DOES give an immediate benefit to extending the chase. What could be a 30 second chase can turn into a much, much longer chase. You can greed a pallet and make a window that you normally wouldnโ€™t. And you pretty much have this perk in your pocket for every chase you start (generously short cooldown of 40 seconds). You donโ€™t need ANY requirements to use this perk besides being injured.

The only โ€œequivalentโ€ perks for a killer Iโ€™d consider are NOED and Devour. NOED only works until endgame, can be cleansed, or even outright prevented. Devour also takes time and hooks to get any benefit, and can also be cleansed.

Keep in mind you donโ€™t just face one Dead Hard in a match, youโ€™re usually facing AT LEAST 2, and frequently 3, sometimes 4โ€ฆ thatโ€™s a lot of potential for wasted time that the killer has to micromanage.

You can defend Dead Hard all you want, but itโ€™s a very clutch perk that requires zero investment (besides getting injured) to get value from.

Should it be looked at? Possibly. Maybe at least make the cooldown much longer. You donโ€™t need to be Dead Harding every 40 seconds lol.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Still waiting for this dude to show his build.

• ThanksForDaily

Too shy show the 4th tunneled out survivor with 2k points and Ruin, Undying, Pop, Tinkerer or Corrupt on S tier killer.

But ya know, NERF DEAD HARD!

• apathyinc
    apathyinc Member Posts: 457

I can't remember the last time I was in a match as either survivor or killer where Dead Hard wasn't used by someone. It's overused because it's so powerful. Hell, even when it was broken people were still choosing to take it anyway, that's how powerful it is. Something should change that.

• Xayrlen
    Xayrlen Member Posts: 329

Just bait it out

• JohnWeak
    JohnWeak Member Posts: 854

No need to nerf it, lock it down to one survivor only. Some perks should be impossible to be equipped once already used by 1 survivor : DS, DH, Unbreakable.

• JohnWeak

Well then let everyone use DH, DS and the rest, killers will be buffed so much that survivors will enjoy their trials :).

I play 50/50 and i cba listening what we call "mains" players talking about anything. When you play exclusively or almost exclusively one side, how can you know what needs to be balanced ? Ah ye, you can't :).

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

I play both sides. I am not using Dead Hard (or any Exhaustion Perk), but I also have no problem to play against Dead Hard. And now?

• Torsti56
    Torsti56 Member Posts: 259

So 90% of Survivors play with Dead Hard but you still play "all the time against Sprint Burst"? Does that mean that Some of them uses both of those perks?

• Maphusail
    Maphusail Member Posts: 41

DH can be easily countered. Just learn to play.

• AgentTalon
    AgentTalon Member Posts: 331

I don't think it needs to be once a game but I would be fine making it run on tokens. Maybe start the trial with 3 tokens or something like that. Killer would need to mentally keep track of survivors and how many times they used it, which adds to the mind game and survivors need to only use it when absolutely required not just anytime they want to gain distance.

• apathyinc
    apathyinc Member Posts: 457

I'm not of the same opinion that the strong survivor perk pool is small. There a a lot of great perks to run, but they all don't make the game much easier and forgiving. Using meta perks makes the gameplay easier and causes an inflated skill level. Players running perkless, playing solo, and being successful should be the highest skilled players in the game. Can't say I see that style of gameplay too often.

• JohnWeak
    edited September 2021

This forum full of survivor mains finding totally normal that the W meta exist and works.

See the killer ? Hold W straight forward to a pallet, early drop the pallet, hold W straight forward again, get a hit, hold W straight forward again, dead hard to a pallet, early drop it, hold W straight forward again = 90 seconds are away, 3 gens pop.

Actually, looping is less efficient than holding W most of the time as with looping, the killer can outplay you, with hold W, it's impossible.

The current state of the game is trash, a survivor that hold W is not worth chasing as you will loose too much time doing it. 4 survivors that hold W ? Ye then it's over, this plus the numbers of pallets/windows on the map that are enough to allow them to block the way and continue to go straight forward is a joke.

At this point, just remove all the pallets and windows.

BHVR is happy.

Edit : just read this "high skilled survivors know that holding W is the best way to play"

BHVR that is totally unable to balance the game and create flaws that can be exploited to win. Nothing is fair in this game, it's just exploiting flaws to win.

Post edited by JohnWeak on
  • Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

Im sorry if i worded that wrong, I meant you are just as wrong as the people OP was accusing. You can't complain about someones build when they are also running a meta boring build.

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356

Itโ€™s an exhaustion perk not a second chance perk.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

Didn't they nerf and remove the movement you could do during Dead Hard or am I stoned?

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356
    edited September 2021

There is nothing wrong with Dead Hard. Itโ€™s an exhaustion perk like any other. So many people run it that you should just assume they have it and wait for it or bait it out before downing. Once they use it, itโ€™s gone for the moment. Yeah itโ€™s a pain but like someone else said, if you keep missing at their DH then thatโ€™s on you. Once you know they have it you have to remember that and play around it.

Posts like this are why people think killer mains are whiny cry babies asking for everything to be nerfed. You are making us all look bad. Stop it.