The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Change from 3 hooks per survivor to 2.

Th3Nightmare
Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,266
edited June 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

The game should be balanced in this 2 year little by little, I am very "satisfied" with the change of the TP of the pallets, it is appreciated but it is insufficient!

My idea is the following, simple: Change from 3 hooks per survivor to 2.

Something would have to change. What do you think?

Comments

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

You'd have killer destroying the low ranks 15-20 pretty much non stop then. If it's high ranks and or against full SWF groups fine.

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

Your idea is silly.

• DerpyTheBigBear
    DerpyTheBigBear Member Posts: 4

I can see why you have this idea, survivors can be pretty pesky. Although, I think it would be even harder to play as a survivor, especially if you are new at the game or with new player(s) while in a trial. Being a survivor is already hard enough for me, being a thicc David main makes it harder to evade the killer. :(

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

It can be hard enough to get rescued the way most killers play in attempting to gain rank. The extended hook time was a necessary change, and one that supports teamwork, especially when you solo-queue. Now add in unhook-farming and you kill one player off right away, preventing them from gaining any meaningful points and ending their match prematurely. I fear that while you are trying to give killers an edge against powerful survivors, this change would create more strife and bitterness when players are unable to get in a decent game, or are killed off right from the start because some teammate farmed them in front of the killer.

• Leatherbilly
    Leatherbilly Member Posts: 384
    edited June 2018

Hooking three times wouldn't be an issue if:
    1. Chases weren't so obscenely long
    2. Generators weren't the survivors' only objective

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@SaltyKiller said:
    I'm for this. I think it's beyond ######### that they have to be hooked 3 separate times to finally kill them. Add DS, body blocking and Instant Heal on top of that and it's even more #########.

Then again, I think the whole "hook them to kill them" thing is a ######### design choice and the game should just be about actually killing Survivors instead of dealing with this whole hook nonsense.

Solo and SWF are way different in strength. That’s the entire reason right there why the game isn’t balanced. Just give solo full comms. Nerf survivors in general, with loops and such, NOT THIS, and buff trash killers like Freddy, nerf nurse a tiny bit, maybe raise her skill floor, and nerf billy a tiny bit. All killers, should be about huntress strength, and then have loops nerfed.