The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I took illegal ban

OrNot
OrNot Member Posts: 1
I was banned illegally because of my internet, and I disconnected from the game but I could play some support, could remove the ban? plz

1 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• IPlayGamesOnPC
    IPlayGamesOnPC Member Posts: 28
    1. You were not banned "illegally" (whatever you think that means.)
    2. DC bans are automatic, irreversible, and temporary. The time only increases if you keep disconnecting during trials.
    3. If your internet is so bad that you DC almost every trial and you end up being banned for days at a time, get your internet fixed. You're just ruining the game for everyone else and not really playing anyway.
  • Starr43
    Starr43 Member Posts: 873

I’ll only focus on the most pertinent part of your post and ask you this..

How long is the ban? Because if it was just a one time thing and would only be 5 minutes. If someone continues to disconnect for whatever reason every game then the ban time gets longer but someone correct me if I’m wrong but you could DC let’s say once a week and it will only ever be about 5 minutes. If you get a 5 minute ban then play after that time is up and don’t DC then the in-game time without a DC will reset your penalty. If you served an hour ban then DC your first game back I’m pretty sure it will significantly longer than 5 minutes again.. you have to let real-time/game time pass without DC’ing in order for the punishment to reset back to the default 5min temp ban. It could be a 1 to 1 ratio so a 30 minute ban would require 30 minutes of game time without losing connection or it could be something more significant like 24hours to cooldown. I honestly don’t know because I can probably easily count on 2 hands how many times I’ve lost connection.

If your internet is shaky and you get a ban and it’s happening often then I recommend finding out exactly what the cooldown period is and avoid joining an online match until that time has past.