Killer need 5 perks slots

Most of the combo killer have need at best 2 perks and don't leave room for different builds and a new way to play, and no killers like Doc, nurse etc will not be OP with one more perk slot.

Comments

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Nurse with 5 perks slots would be pretty much impossible to beat and a Billy with 5 or even Spirit with 5 would be broken.

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

@powerbats said:
    Nurse with 5 perks slots would be pretty much impossible to beat and a Billy with 5 or even Spirit with 5 would be broken.

First only killer will get 5 perks and second tell me the ultra combo nurse and bill ( the top tier killer) will have with 5 perks?

• BlackendSea
    BlackendSea Member Posts: 49

Noed is all you need

• powerbats

@DarkGGhost said:

@powerbats said:

First only killer will get 5 perks and second tell me the ultra combo nurse and bill ( the top tier killer) will have with 5 perks?

Bitter Murmur, Tinker, Rancor, M&A, Sloppy etc because any 5 perks on the top tier killers would be broken.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,054

@DarkGGhost said:

@powerbats said:

And why should only killers get 5 perks?

I mean... If you want to use certain perks, you have to do without other perks. Its the same, for killers and survivors.

• DarkGGhost

@powerbats i don't know about tinker but yes the other perk is good BUT if you want to play to win a killer need 1) ruin 2) bbq 3) maybe sloppy and this is the meta right now you only have 1 perk at best free and besides if the nurse or bill is better than you, they will still win even without perks.

@Aven_Fallen like?

• Kukuruzaii
    Kukuruzaii Member Posts: 5

The whole point of having just the 4 perks, is to balance what you really need. You don't need to run meta perks, as it is completely possible to win the game without them. Saying you absolutely need to run ruin, bbq, and sloppy, isn't true. Are they helpful? Of course! But that's like saying to play survivor, you need to run self care, some form of exhaustion perk, and maybe something like borrowed time.

They help, but it's possible to win without them. BBQ is completely unnecessary. I run it mainly for the stacks, the tracking others is a plus. You don't need to run ruin, either. You'll just have to put a lot more pressure on survivors. Sloppy isn't even that good, in my personal opinion, unless you're running a build that it's main focus is slowing things down.

And I still don't understand your point of only killers getting five perks? Why not survivors? It would make the game unbalanced, and favor the killer.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

No this is a terrible idea.

• Poweas

Where's my LOL button?

• DarkGGhost

@Kukuruzaii said:
    The whole point of having just the 4 perks, is to balance what you really need. You don't need to run meta perks, as it is completely possible to win the game without them. Saying you absolutely need to run ruin, bbq, and sloppy, isn't true. Are they helpful? Of course! But that's like saying to play survivor, you need to run self care, some form of exhaustion perk, and maybe something like borrowed time.

They help, but it's possible to win without them. BBQ is completely unnecessary. I run it mainly for the stacks, the tracking others is a plus. You don't need to run ruin, either. You'll just have to put a lot more pressure on survivors. Sloppy isn't even that good, in my personal opinion, unless you're running a build that it's main focus is slowing things down.

And I still don't understand your point of only killers getting five perks? Why not survivors? It would make the game unbalanced, and favor the killer.

I don't think this will make the game unbalance. I really think is one easy way to balance the game because
    1) Killers don't get buff ( at least without same nurf for no reason )
    2) They will only nerf the top perk ( work only for killers no the other way) and when buff week perks they make it work with same stupid way.
    3) Even fun/meme build can work with 4 slots, many of them need at least 3 in order to work correctly.

• DarkGGhost

@Poweas said:

Why? Do you test it? Can you give me a reason?

• Poweas

@DarkGGhost said:

@Poweas said:

Well yeah killers would be blatantly overpowered like @powerbats said. This would destroy everything the game has been working on so far and Solo survivor would have absolutely no chance of working. I play both killer and survivor and this is the kind of suggestion an ENTITLED killer main would make. Most sensible killer mains at least have some way of making it fair for survivors

• DarkGGhost

@Poweas said:

@DarkGGhost said:

@Poweas said:

Well yeah killers would be blatantly overpowered like @powerbats said. This would destroy everything the game has been working on so far and Solo survivor would have absolutely no chance of working. I play both killer and survivor and this is the kind of suggestion an ENTITLED killer main would make. Most sensible killer mains at least have some way of making it fair for survivors

I have 2
    1) only solo survivor get 5 perks
    2) Solo and killer have 4 but the swf have 3 at best

• Poweas

@DarkGGhost said:

@Poweas said:

@DarkGGhost said:

@Poweas said:

I have 2

There ya go. That's something sensible. Only solo survivor gets 5 perks is actually overpowered but the idea 2 is good. I'd give solo survivor a built in kindred to make it equal to SWF and give killers buffs to catch up to solo and SWF.

• DarkGGhost

@Poweas said:

@DarkGGhost said:

@Poweas said:

@DarkGGhost said:

@Poweas said:

I have 2

There ya go. That's something sensible. Only solo survivor gets 5 perks is actually overpowered but the idea 2 is good. I'd give solo survivor a built in kindred to make it equal to SWF and give killers buffs to catch up to solo and SWF.

I don't have a problem to give a suggestion to make it balance but in order to do it i want someone to point out. You see the point of this post is to see how far killer and survivors will go.

• powerbats

@Poweas said:
    Where's my LOL button?

My custom made one.

• powerbats

@DarkGGhost said:
    @powerbats i don't know about tinker but yes the other perk is good BUT if you want to play to win a killer need 1) ruin 2) bbq 3) maybe sloppy and this is the meta right now you only have 1 perk at best free and besides if the nurse or bill is better than you, they will still win even without perks.

@Aven_Fallen like?

You actually don't need Ruin and you will actually do better without it because it's a crutch like DS since it rewards you for being less skillful.

I mained Spirit at rank 1 and never used it and still could do well most of my matches but with Ruin you depend on it staying up way to much.

To me it's a wasted perk slot like DS is since it can be used or not depending on the circumstances since as a killer it can get cleansed. But you can also have survivors that hit great skill checks and power right through it.

As a survivor the killer may never go after you so it's basically a wasted perk slot, you can run into a Doctor or another killer running UP. You can get dribbled or dropped on stairs into the basement or slugged etc.

• Poweas

@powerbats said:

@Poweas said:
    Where's my LOL button?

My custom made one.

Can I use that?

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    If it was a hex slot only maybe... but that sort of idea would break the freedom of build variety so devs wouldnt do that unless they make hexs super strong and not make hexs like huntress lullaby 
  • jkl_jp
    jkl_jp Member Posts: 16
    I think killer need 5 perks too because I want to install ruin as a standard.
  • foxboxunionttv
    foxboxunionttv Member Posts: 48

@GMAK said:
    Gotta disagree with this, killers are in a good spot. Also giving killers 5 perks would mean survivors would need 5 perks and it would just completely break the game balance in my opinion.

Killers being in a good spot would be correct if your not in red ranks cause without ruin you can usually just do all the gens before first hook if your against a decent full 4 because there are still to many pallets in the map. killers are better then they were 2 years ago but not by much.

• GMAK
    GMAK Member Posts: 38

@foxboxunionttv said:

@GMAK said:
    Gotta disagree with this, killers are in a good spot. Also giving killers 5 perks would mean survivors would need 5 perks and it would just completely break the game balance in my opinion.

I definitely feel ya dude, when I'm not running Ruin I feel like I'm putting myself at a big disadvantage

• powerbats

@foxboxunionttv said:

@GMAK said:

Killers being in a good spot would be correct if your not in red ranks cause without ruin you can usually just do all the gens before first hook if your against a decent full 4 because there are still to many pallets in the map. killers are better then they were 2 years ago but not by much.

I've never run Ruin at red ranks still do just fine in most matches.

• powerbats

@Poweas said:

@powerbats said:

@Poweas said:
    Where's my LOL button?

My custom made one.

Can I use that?

Yes that's what I made it for so use away to your hearts content.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

I disagree.

The solution is to fix the core problems of the game and not forcing us to use perks to fix these core problems

• DarkGGhost

@Master said:
    I disagree.

The solution is to fix the core problems of the game and not forcing us to use perks to fix these core problems

But devs either don't know how or don't want because will ruin the "fun".

• Master

@DarkGGhost said:

@Master said:
    I disagree.

Or they are too lazy (hex mechanic e.g.)

• DarkGGhost

@Master said:

@DarkGGhost said:

@Master said:
    I disagree.

No this is the ideal way to "Balance" the game and give the killer a change.

• Master

@DarkGGhost said:

@Master said:

@DarkGGhost said:

@Master said:
    I disagree.

Yeah I love the idea of filling up two perkslots that might be completley useless after 20 seconds into the game when the survivors cleansed ruin first and ignore all other totems :wink:

• DarkGGhost

@Master said:

@DarkGGhost said:

@Master said:

@DarkGGhost said:

@Master said:
    I disagree.

Yeah I love the idea of filling up two perkslots that might be completley useless after 20 seconds into the game when the survivors cleansed ruin first and ignore all other totems :wink:

Yes , i mean they can allway give as mechanich like this with out the need of a perk but they will never do it .

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Vietfox said:

Nope, i do well enough with 4 perks slots.

Why are you so anti killer? Played against a nurse too many times?
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Vietfox said:

@thekiller490490
    I could say the same about you since i see you supporting killers 24/7.
    I'm not anti killer, i just disagree with ideas that make no sense. If you take a look on my comments you'll see how i disagree with some buffs for survivors and agree with some buffs for killers. You guys just need to tell when something is needed and when something is not, and the 5th perk slot isn't needed at all. Why, because what you call "the viable" killers get easily 4K with 4 perks already, what would happen if they had 5 perk slots?
    I know you guys wanna defend your role and many of you (not saying you in particular) even want to buff them to the point that would require little effort to get 4K, but this is not the way to solve problems.
    And please, stop using the 4v16 perks excuse, doesn't make any sense.
    Btw, I play 60% survivor 40% killer.
    PS: replies from cellphones don't send the notification, you gotta @me the same way i did to you.
  • DarkGGhost

@Vietfox said:
    thekiller490490 said:

Vietfox said:

@thekiller490490
    I'm not anti killer, i just disagree with ideas that make no sense. If you take a look on my comments you'll see how i disagree with some buffs for survivors and agree with some buffs for killers. You guys just need to tell when something is needed and when something is not, and the 5th perk slot isn't needed at all. Why, because what you call "the viable" killers get easily 4K with 4 perks already, what would happen if they had 5 perk slots?
    I know you guys wanna defend your role and many of you (not saying you in particular) even want to buff them to the point that would require little effort to get 4K, but this is not the way to solve problems.
    PS: replies from cellphones don't send the notification, you gotta @me the same way i did to you.

We never say we want 4k, i say 5 perks on killer will give him/her the power to need to make the game more balance since devs don't want to give them actually good buff.

• Vietfox

@Vietfox said:
    thekiller490490 said:

Vietfox said:

@thekiller490490

We never say we want 4k, i say 5 perks on killer will give him/her the power to need to make the game more balance since devs don't want to give them actually good buff.

As i explained before, that is not the solution.
  • powerbats

@DarkGGhost said:

But you are saying 5k if you give all killers 5 perks slots because that's the logical outcome then especially if the top 3-4 killers get played only. This idea has been suggested before and has been shot down before for all the reasons given before.

• BeanieEnthusiast
    BeanieEnthusiast Member Posts: 213
    How about NO perk slots. Mind blown.
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

The problem on both sides isnt maybe not just the number of perk slots but maybe the sheer number of perks available. That and the power gap between some of those perks.

One could also restrict the 5th slot in some ways.
    For example one could make the 5th slot only work for the character's own teachables. Which could also be be changed in power in that special position.

Another solution to this problem would be to remove perks that only alter the numbers of mechanics instead of adding something new, and then slightly buffing those basic mechanics.
    Problem here is most of those changes would benefit killers as survivoperks normally have conditions or only add new mechanisms instead of boosting stuff.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX
    XxAtomicAlfiexX Member Posts: 395

that sounds fun

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

@DarkGGhost said:

@Aven_Fallen like?

You don't NEED those three to "win" as a Killer. But ok.

• powerbats

@GodDamn_Angela said:

@DarkGGhost said:

@Aven_Fallen like?

You don't NEED those three to "win" as a Killer. But ok.

I'm not sure why I got tagged in the reply unless it was by accident.

I never said you need those 3 to win as killer and in fact said you don't need Ruin and you're wasting a perk slot if you do. You also don't have to have Sloppy either or BBQ.

• Kukuruzaii
    Kukuruzaii Member Posts: 5

@powerbats said:
    I never said you need those 3 to win as killer and in fact said you don't need Ruin and you're wasting a perk slot if you do. You also don't have to have Sloppy either or BBQ.

I think you were tagged by accident, just because how much of a mess that quote is. But I disagree that Ruin is a waste, but it depends on your play style. But you definitely don't need any of those perks to do good, and I think the issue is the people who agree to this just think that you need the "meta" perks. So that part I agree on.

@DarkGGhost said:
    I don't think this will make the game unbalance. I really think is one easy way to balance the game because
    1) Killers don't get buff ( at least without same nurf for no reason )
    2) They will only nerf the top perk ( work only for killers no the other way) and when buff week perks they make it work with same stupid way.
    3) Even fun/meme build can work with 4 slots, many of them need at least 3 in order to work correctly.

Balancing a game definitely isn't as easy as you say it is. A new meta will roll in, and then the perks that were buffed will seem overpowered or "needed to win." And your argument of survivors not getting 5 perks along with killers, still doesn't make sense. If both were given 5, I think your argument would make a bit more sense, and not sound like a killer main who's frustrated by decent survivors.

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    No. First off, they’d have to add more Hex totems and spawns.
    Second, if you can’t kill them all pre- endgame base a build around it.

Personally I play slug builds, works amazingly
  • GodDamn_Angela
    edited December 2018

@powerbats said:
    I'm not sure why I got tagged in the reply unless it was by accident.

I know you didn't lol. The system is acting weird. I'm getting tagged left and right because I am in quote trees. Its weird. I think that is what happened here. As an example, DexyIV quoted you in "A Quality of Life Change for Deliverance" thread. I also received a notification about this since he was quoting your post that was a response to my post, in which you quoted. :(

Anyway @DarkGGhost said you need them though, and I was saying you don't. So You and I agree. Sorry for any confusion. lol

• powerbats

@GodDamn_Angela said:

Anyway @DarkGGhost said you need them though, and I was saying you don't. So You and I agree. Sorry for any confusion. lol

Now irres and one thing I've found is to delete most of the quote except for the very specific things you want since otherwise it tags everyone. If 20 people are in the post as having commented and you're replying to just one it tags all 20.

• Vietfox
    edited December 2018

@GodDamn_Angela said:
    As an example, DexyIV quoted you in "A Quality of Life Change for Deliverance" thread. I also received a notification about this since he was quoting your post that was a response to my post, in which you quoted. :(

Yeah, that's exactly why. Best way to avoid this is by manually removing all the other @s when replying. Just as i did now.
    BTW, if you ever reply from cellphones note that they DO NOT send the notification by default, so you need to purposely @people every time you reply.

• GodDamn_Angela

@Vietfox said:
    Yeah, that's exactly why. Best way to avoid this is by manually removing all the other @s when replying. Just as i did now.
    BTW, if you ever reply from cellphones note that they DO NOT send the notification by default, so you need to purposely @people every time you reply.

Yea I usually do that, I just forget sometimes due to laziness. I hadn't realized it did this notification crap until recently. But thanks I'll make sure to remove them all the time as to avoid confusion in the future. lol

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    edited December 2018

Gotta say, I don't think it's necessary or even good balance-wise, but I think it'd be fun if everyone had an extra perk slot, but could only use the 10% least used perks in that slot to force some more interesting stuff to be seen.

• suchbeans
    suchbeans Member Posts: 18

Having 5 perk slots would utterly destroy the games already gentle "balance". It sounds like your problem is more with SWF (fair) than the actual game if you feel you NEED to run ruin.
    I like to run ruin if I'm having a bad day, but I'll also ditch it since it inevitable gets destroyed unless you get a god totem spot.
    I don't have a good counter against SWF except just apply lots of pressure I guess?

This discussion has been closed.