Is there a change planned for Pinhead's box in terms of Hoarder?

Options

This perk (Hoarder) makes Pinhead kind of strong. Especially in combination with Franklin's and Engineer's Fang he can be really fun. And whenever I have way too much fun with a killer, I expect a change. So, have the Devs commented on this combination yet? 

Since I am not watching any dev streams, I have no clue at all. Forgive me my laziness.

Comments

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

no. they should make his slowdown stronger and nerf fang

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

Unrelated question but are you and @OniWantsYourMacaroni related?

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

No, he doesn't need one. It's not as strong as people make it out to be, actually it's pretty useless.

• baseballfan4877
    baseballfan4877 Member Posts: 364
    Options

if they nerf this one synergy then they should remove all perks except for the top of the top meta ones. They obviously don't want people running fun perks because they haven't balanced the game to allow them.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

I like your joke about not watching dev streams haha

• Artick
    Artick Member Posts: 623
    Options

With such ridiculous suggestions, I'm glad no one asks you.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,565
    Options

It is possible IMO. I dont think that Hoarder is that problematic. Strong on Pinhead, but this mostly means that you cannot just keep the Box and have to make sure that you are far away from him when picking it up.

But as I said, it is possible that this gets changed, because the Box is more like a Killer Power instead of an item.

However, I am pretty sure that they will nerf Engineers Fang. This Add On is too strong and I dont really know what they were thinking.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,897
    Options

I hope so. Or remove the addons that make it take longer to solve the box. Idk. I hate going against Pinhead now.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

I'd be irritated if it was, hoarder is a survivor perk on every other killer.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

For the love of the entity. Everyone's been complaining about killers using nothing but ruin+undying+tinkerer. Now that we have something different than the same 3 perks you want to nerf it? Was anyone even using hoarder before pinhead? Pinhead literally increased the amount of people buying the twins because this perk works on his box. I didnt unlock twins until recently because they suck. I used shards though. They arent worth actual currency.

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

It's a fun combo with his passive, so 100% expect it to be nerfed and ruined with no compensation given at all.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,082
    Options

I used hoarder when survivor picked up keys from dead body if I don't have Franklin before.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,633
    Options

Just play trapper with devour and trap their corpse. Works every time except when it doesn't.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

If the hoarder interaction were to be changed just for Pinhead's box, then his base power should have something similar built in. The chain hunt mechanic in general is terrible without hoarder, it never goes off. It's like the early days of Plague, you have corrupt purge, but good luck ever getting to use it.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252
    Options

Still pissed that Franklin's itself got nerfed instead of them just making limited items not disappear when Nemesis was released.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,251
    edited October 2021
    Options

If Hoarder gets nerfed specifically because of Pinhead can we at least make changes to Pinhead so intercepting the box isn't always unlikely. To intercept a box you pretty much need addons that slow down solve speed and that's the big issue with him. Locating the box yourself and intercepting it before a survivor solves it. In a way yes it does keep one survivor constantly busy but you can put off finding it for a long time until the last second just to solve it.

Ultimately that's the biggest issue with Pinhead. He's far too RNG dependent to where he's either too weak or just above average. If we could normalize him locating the box or finding it we could adjust Hoarder and he would be okay.

Although my personal opinion - Hoarder should be buffed and The Cenobite should also be tweaked in favor of buffing him.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285
    Options

They should nerf a bit of the box and buff his 1v1 to compensate. Hoarder Pinhead is strong but it feels unrewarding winning with all that much free map pressure, 0 effort on the killer part. However, without something to help you get the box, he's easily bottom of C tier, that's why they should buff the 1v1 to compensate.

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122
    Options

Thank you! I love that Hoarder has good synergy with Pinhead, I feel like they're the best perk-Killer combo since Hag and MYC. Besides, a D-Tier perk on a C-Tier Killer making an A/B-Tier build is far from broken.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360
    Options

Pinhead is really not that weak, if you think so you aren't playing him to his best potential :/

• landromat
    Options
  • Lochnload_exe
    Options

Oh man 100 full games clearly you are a master. I wrote a large guide on him and was one of the first people to figure out box spawn logics and interrupting strategies. I could always send you the link, but after 100 games I am sure you understand he is a little more deep than a killer like clown /s

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,157
    edited October 2021
    Options

Personally I don't have a problem with the hoarder interaction with Pinhead too much, I'm not sure I'm the biggest fan of the precedent that it sets with perks being able to negate certain built in things about a killers power but in this particular case it's fine

Besides, good Pinhead players will learn the box's spawning mechanism and be able to find it themselves over time I think considering the spawn logic has already been datamined and posted on the wiki/a content creator has made a video about it already so the word is out.

ngl I think Franklins on Pinhead is kinda bs though. Not for strength related reasons, I just think forcing survivors to drop an item that they can't drop themselves is bad design and removes the counterplay Franklins has (aside from the obvious one).

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,804
    Options

It’s not really that much of an issue, what actually should be looked at is the box solving slowdown addons.

• OniWantsUrLocation
    OniWantsUrLocation Member Posts: 506
    Options

I was not aware that people could interpret something into my text that is not there. I do not want to have changed anything here, but I've been here for over 4 years and finally have some serious fun with a killer again and I am just a little worried that they might change him (or the Perk Hoarder), because he technically could be a "wee bit over powered" or "overperforming". Like I said, I don't watch dev streams (or haven't in years) and I don't follow them in any way, so I asked you guys here if there was anything planned/said that I might have missed. 

Thanks @MandyTalk for the answer.

• landromat
    Options

So you could know how inconsistent his power and how box reliant he is. His chains do nothing without chain hunt and he can be really weak most of the time.

• Aneurysm
    Options

You missed the Q&A where they showed off the recent kill rates then, guess which killer was top of the list :P

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,015
    Options

I wouldn't call the changes to Franklin's a nerf. Items become less effective even if they don't sit on the ground for the full duration til they are depleted. Before you could Franklin's knock out a med-kit, but as long as it got picked up before the timer expired (and honestly how many killers were camping items with Franklin's if you even saw it) the item was just as effective as before it got knocked off.

• Lochnload_exe
    Options

Even without the box he can still be good. I'll admit the m2 is the most rng part of his kit but can still be good with correct and intelligent usage. Also yeah I never understand the point of saying he is box reliant. "He requires the strongest part if his kit to be at his best" well yeah lmaoo what kind of mindset is that. Pinhead is a unique killer with a unique playstyle and power which requires battling and keeping track of the box to keep maximum pressure to get the most use of his pressure.

• IWFreak
    IWFreak Member Posts: 252
    Options
  • madradfox
    madradfox Member Posts: 190
    Options

People suggesting that Engineer's Fang should be base kit need to get their head examined. This add-on will be practically game-breaking once the PTB and the Blood Favor changes go live.

The new Blood Favor is going to be:

• based on damage state change
    • centered on the survivor

Pinhead already has an incredible ability - one of the best ones in the game - to stop the totem cleansing action mid-way.

However, having equipped the Engineer's Fang, for the cost of 1 perk, 1 add-on, and a 0.25s delay, they will now be able to:

• a) inspect whether a totem is being cleansed from a distance (base-kit)
    • b) prevent it from getting cleansed (base-kit)
    • c) injure the totem-cleansing survivor (Engineer's Fang)
    • d) block all pallets inside of a 32m radius from the location of that survivor for 15 seconds. (Blood Favor)

If the chain hunt is active, there is already absolutely nothing a survivor can do about not getting injured by the Fang, with pallets being the only meaningful way capable of slowing down the chase. Now, with Blood Favor+Fang, Pinhead's ability to quickly end a chase skyrockets, since survivors don't know about the Fang being equipped until they get hit for the first time.

Imagine running safely towards a pallet, and seeing the projection spawn in front of you. Under normal circumstances, you would have nothing to really worry about because even if the chains hit and bind you, you will only get slowed down, yet still be able to drop the pallet if needed. However, with Fang+BF, you not only will end up injured but also not able to drop that, or any other pallet inside of 32m.

BF+Fang will automatically prevent any looping of the shack when healthy. In fact, when going up against that combo, any survivor that knows how to loop will find it safer to have it start when already injured, as then only the killer's M1 will cause pallets to get blocked , and if the M1 connects then they will go down and then BF pallet blocking won't matter anyway.

• James4125
    James4125 Member Posts: 266
    Options

Utterly useless perk that nobody will ever or has ever wanted to run actually being given a purpose?

That's illegal! Devs nerf!

I really hope you don't complain about killers who run undying ruin BBQ pop on every killer or survivors with nothing but unbreakable DH BT DS.

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021
    Options

Pinhead is borderline unplayable without Hoarder and I haven't been able to get it even once on my bloodweb so far. So yeah, he plays like utter trash. He needs serious buffs to his gameplay, making him rely entirely on a single perk cannot be healthy at all. His chase potential is terrible (chains don't slow down enough, survivors still can interact with their environment, he has to stand still, etc.) and the reward for hitting his power is absolutely not worth the effort. You might as well pick up Nurse who requires the same amount of skill but will at least reward you with actual damage done to survivors.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981
    Options

An remember how they said: "Don't use these to draw conclusions because you'll make yourself look like a fool. Nurse has a kill rate of ~43% ..."

Second highest Killrat is by the way...Freddy. Followed by...Bubba.

Killrate mean nothing because they do not factor in ranks. Pinhead dismantles uncoordinated teams and those are even more present at lower MMR. He gets weaker at higher MMR just as Nurse gets stronger.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Too bad he didn't read that warning so he could dead hard your burn...

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,015
    Options

I wouldn't say hoarder is necessary. The only situation where hoarder is useful is if a survivor picks up the box near you and tries to run somewhere else with it. If a survivor picks up the box and immediately tries to solve it then a hoarder notification didn't do anything. Plus you still have to be able to go after the survivor upon getting the notification which is not always the best move.

• Aneurysm
    Options

yeah I'm aware pig is not a stronger killer than nurse or that those stats are particularly meaningful just thought the OP might find cenobite's placement interesting as they don't watch dev stuff

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,546
    Options
  • Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,032
    Options

your comment reminds me of the thumbnail. looking at recent changes with Stridor Spirit and Monitor&abuse Deathslinger, I don't think they really like off-meta perks being used on killers. they're usually really safe with killer perks, almost as if the perks are not meant to be used at all.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Hmm. Sounds problematic. Maybe we could make it so that Pinhead is stunned for 5 seconds after Hoarder activates? Hoarder is a wee bit OP as it stands.