Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Object of Obsession tweak

The perk is interesting, but its second feature is very unfair for the survivor if they are the obsession and one of the last ones during the end game, either when the gates need to be opened or looking for the hatch, because the killer can very likely spot them during the 30s aura exchange and there's not much the survivor can do with the perk alone specially if there's a fast moving or stealthy killer. I suggest that this only works within a range smaller than the shortest possible distance between the exit gates, maybe around 35m, so that you are not almost hopeless in lockers or use the Sole Survivor perk that sucks.

I also suggest a survivor perk that can transfer your obsession to another survivor under a condition.

Comments

• IWFreak
    IWFreak Member Posts: 252

I think OoO shouldn't show the killer your aura if they are stealthed. Just so you don't get buttfucked by your own perk against stealth killers.

Besides that, I think OoO is a great perk. Being spotted in endgame is part of the risk with the perk, which you can plan around, since you can see the timer.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

It wouldn't really be fair to other survivors to have the obsession status thrown on them by another survivor. There are conditions you don't want to be the obsession (Remember Me, Rancor, etc.).

You get a visible timer to know when your aura's about to be revealed, so work around it with lockers. It's part of the risk of running the perk.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

Well that's the risk you have for running OoO.

• seffard
    seffard Member Posts: 40
    edited October 2021

The only aspect of the perk you are all missing is that the way it is it doesnt make sense that the killer ends up with more advantage than the survivor for a survivor perk, even more if they are those kinds of killers I said. Both get the information at the same time, but the killer benefits more from it during the end game. At least make it even for all situations.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

yeah a great perk that i think was honestly buffed when they "nerfed" it. a huge downside against stealth killers tho.

• HighVelocityTicTac
    HighVelocityTicTac Member Posts: 37

That's intentional. Object is a powerful perk that you can't just slap on for free like DS or Dead Hard, you have to play around it. It has a very large positive (snapshot of the killers location every 30s you can call out to your friends) but also a negative to balance it out.