Hex perks

Advorsus
Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
edited October 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I actually wouldn't mind boon totems if they made hexes work similarly. They only affect a certain range, and they can be reactivated infinitely. But adjust the times for killer since it's 1v4. Killers can perform a ritual to call upon the entity to grant them their power, taking 3 seconds on a dull turn, and 6 seconds on a boon totem. 24÷4=6 is how I figured up that number. But it can be tweaked. I think this will offer a kind of mini game between survivors and killers, where each side has to cleanse and activate their totems, and both sides have to decide if it's worth doing so. I also had some ideas on how to change certain hexes to work with this.

Ruin: Calls upon the entity to block all generators within a certain area for 45 seconds, these gens begin regressing at 100% for the duration. This has a 60 second cooldown before it can be reactivated after deactivating. (I did the math, and this is less regression than a POP. But this would solve the issues with being gen rushed, while still offering counterplay for survivors because they could still cleanse the hex to deactivate it early. The cooldown keeps it so you can't just be held hostage in a 3 gen either, because survivors can just break the totem. It also makes survivors have to choose between going to do other gens, or focusing on finding the totem.)

Undying: Rework it to not be a hex. Just has the effect that once per trial, when your totem is cleansed it will reactivate on a dull totem outside of the original totems area of affect. Meaning it can't activate on another totem that's close by.

Those are only two of the ideas I had, but there's a lot more.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Yaboi_Gengarboi
    Yaboi_Gengarboi Member Posts: 32

I'm not sure if I entirely agree with your suggestions, but I do admit I would like to see Hex perks become more dynamic. Currently a lot of them either can completely carry games or are just permanently disabled within the first minute of a match. I would like them to be more consistent but less impactful at their peak.

• Jejune
    Jejune Member Posts: 795

Only if it takes alot less time to destroy relit hex. I am not about to entertain the idea of killer putting back ruin around the 3 gens.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

That's something that could be possibly changed and the numbers worked around for. Obviously I would want it to be balanced. And I wouldn't want it to be where 3 gen + ruin automatically means gg.