Hatch with no sound

I was playing as Dwight on the map “swamp” map (it not pale rose, but it’s the other swamp map) and I was the last survivor alive, I was being chased by the killer, who was playing wraith and I was two feet away from the hatch and it made no sound. I only knew the hatch was there because my friend was spectating and could hear it but I couldn’t. The killer closed the hatch obviously hearing it as well, unfortunately either it was a audio glitch I have never heard before or the wraith cheated. Idk if this was a one time thing but is a huge problem if it isn’t. I could hear all the other sounds of the game just fine other the the hatch.

3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• firekitkat
    firekitkat Member Posts: 3

I really don’t think the wraith did anything, other then the unexpected bug the match was very fun and very fair.

• WolfyLegend123
    WolfyLegend123 Member Posts: 32

Sound issues from your pc or simply a bug, so idk i never seen this issue.

• BugReporterOnly
    BugReporterOnly Member Posts: 483
    edited November 2021

This happened to me on Ormond and I'm a Switch user. Seems like killer can hear it as I was close he ran past me to close it. It was a Bubba.

• Inacurate
    Inacurate Member Posts: 5

Have had this happen to me twice in the past two days.

Both times I could have escaped had I heard it, so a little annoying.

Hopefully it's a known issue the devs are working on!

• Sapphyre
    Sapphyre Member Posts: 8

Can't be 100% sure if this bug occurred for another player; was killer and chasing last survivor, heard hatch clearly however the survivor ran right past it and then in the opposite direction.

I asked the survivor in lobby afterwards if they were able to hear it but they said that they couldn't even though I could hear it very clearly. The hatch did end up spawning next to a totem which had a boon on it so I wonder if the sound of the boon was too loud over the sound of the hatch or if they just couldn't hear the hatch at all, but I had no issue hearing it myself even next to the boon.