Endgame is the least fun part of DBD.

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 2,039
edited October 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

By design killers are instructed to sacrifice as many survivors as possible. When there are no generators left to defend, the most reliable strategy is to camp a hooked survivor. This of course is very frustrating for the hooked survivor and leads to toxic behaviour, especially towards the killer. It can also be frustrating for altruistic survivors who try desperately to save the survivor but they just cannot, and end up possibly getting hooked too.

In my opinion, i think they should address 99'ing exit gates, by making the progress regress, because it completely destroys the point of end-game collapse, which is to urge survivors to leave. This way the survivor that gets hooked at the end can die quickly and move on to the next match. Same with the other survivors, they can just accept that survivor is dead and just leave.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options

I agree that no way out does make end game a lot more interesting, Sometimes.

I think it's too powerful to make basekit though, and i feel like the same thing could be achieved by regressing open escape progression. Maybe with No Way Out, that feature would be disabled.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,158
    Options

I think another part of what makes NWO so great is the fact that it only activates when survivors touch the gate. It's not as soon as the gens get done (Great design decision btw, whoever buffed this perk - 10/10)

If you're keeping them busy to the point where they don't get to touch a gate right away, then it'll hit them like a truck

• EqMonkVeeshan
    EqMonkVeeshan Member Posts: 416
    edited October 2021
    Options

I think this is a great idea allow the killer to go to the gate and kick it to make it regress treat it like a generator. they could even make a perk like ruin but for the gates, heck they could even make ruin regress gates right now. other option is go and start the countdown yourself as a killer.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Oh yeah... i completely forgot killers can open gates.

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    Options

No one left behind sorry we got to try but end game collapse isn't fun and once hatch is closed exit gates she be 50% powered this gives that survivor a chance to escape that's not RNG

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

No Way Out, Blood Warden, NOED, Remember Me

My casual Pyramid Head games still do gloriously with this. I try to avoid having NOED last too long, herding survivors toward it, but the feeling in EGC when they're really sweating about the timer is definitely worth letting them escape; I wouldn't get that if they just gave up.

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003
    Options

I used to be a big proponent of exit gate regression, but after thinking about it I realized it would be a horrible idea. It would basically be impossible to get the gate open as the last Survivor if you were interrupted while trying to open it, which has been something I've accomplished in the past. And 99'ing the gate is a very smart thing to do when things are a little chaotic in the trial and people are downed or on the hook.

If you don't want the gate to be 99'ed, open it yourself. It completely defeats the Survivors' objective of keeping the EGTimer from starting. Or use No Way Out!

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

There's a certain thrill about trying to save survivors endgame or as killer trying to secure your kill. I think it'd be very, very boring for both sides if everyone were to just "accept that survivor is dead and just leave".

I think regressing exit gate progress is fine as long as its tied with a perk. Because base game, I really don't see a problem.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

In my opinion, endgame can easily be the most exciting part of the game. Things get condensed down to just fighting over whoever's on the hook, literally nobody has anywhere else to be, and everybody is on top of each other. Things get real scrappy and fun.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,087
    Options

I've said it do many times that the egc and 99ing needs to change.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options
  • Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

The point of egc is to ensure the game ends, not to urge the survivors to leave.

Also, this was a pretty weird way to disguise the real subject of this thread aka 'nerf 99'ing gates'.

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003
    Options

Like I said, I think any regression is unnecessary. Open the gate if you don't want it to be 99'ed anymore, it will achieve the exact same result as if the Survivors opened it themselves (which is what is wanted here, I presume?).

And if the goal is for Survivors not to be able to have any progress on the gate at all if they're not in direct contact with it, please keep in mind that opening the gate takes 20 seconds. That is a VERY long time to be stuck in one area when the Killer only has two areas to patrol, those two areas being the exit gates.