I’m genuinely disgusted at BHVR supporting NFTs

Options

Comments

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
    Options

Anyone can contribute to maintain and build the Blockchain which is used to store these NFTs. For this they get some money in cryptocurrency. Since green energy is not the cheapest, most will not use green energy, otherwise it would not be profitable for them.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

To answer your question: all the money they'll lose if they get nuked from Steam. That's about how much money is at stake.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    Options

It's odd to me that NFTs get more hate then the block chain crypto currencies themselves. NFTs impact on the environment is completely tied to the fact that they're riding on the backs of Cryptocurrencies that are very energy wasteful due to how they handle legitimacy.

You guys and you're oversensitive asses are going to get Hellraiser removed from Dead by daylight, mark my words.

• Foxy_Teltac
    Foxy_Teltac Member Posts: 277
    Options

I hope that's what happens, it'd knock some morals back into the devs

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Everything.

Everything you like. Play. Listen to. Read. Eat. Drink. Wear.

Look closer to everything.

Or just be selective.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270
    Options

That's because they tied art to it leading to people stealing artists work to "mint them into nfts"

And it's an obvious ponzi scheme that has no point to exist

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    Options

I'm an executioner main anyway, unless they want to remove the shrine of secrets, i wouldnt be too upset about not buying a killer or 2

• Tr1nity
    Options

Even if they were made with good intentions, there will always be that one guy who cant sell their NFT, and many instances of people getting the money, and dropping out.

• MyelinXCVIII
    MyelinXCVIII Member Posts: 163
    Options

A shame, really. I've been playing DbD since it was given out via PS+ (not too long before Spirit's release) but I only made this account for the forums yesterday.

I was really excited for today's patch and taking part in all the discussions here but now..? I don't even know how I feel, I just know that I don't plan on playing the game anymore.

• NoTerrorRadius
    NoTerrorRadius Member Posts: 201
    Options

Genuine question...I stumbled on an article about this, then came to the forum to see what people are saying. Can someone explain why this is a bad thing?

• Majin151
    Options

No they aren't

They are pointless urls/strings of letters and numbers that link to files with the appeal of you "owning that url and the file that's attached to it"

• Majin151
    Options

Crypto isn't a file system

• BaldursGate2
    BaldursGate2 Member Posts: 994
    Options

What exactly is the bad thing about it? I don't understand it properly.

• SabunoHakia
    SabunoHakia Member Posts: 465
    edited October 2021
    Options

You mention Boys or you mention Prots and you get warned for it and then jailed because you know? ######### a free world when you know they can work a nft and you know supposedly add to global warming, but I think them breathing is more harmful because every word they make leads to a bad decision how has this company stayed in business for this long. Oh lord I may get jailed. But if my content in my game to which I paid for gets taken from me well a La will occur and that's when I get angry.

But hopefully Pinhead stays.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • JohnWeak
    JohnWeak Member Posts: 854
    Options

Can you link the source about BHVR reaching to Epic plz ? Haven't heard about it 😒

• Tr1nity
    Options

I couldnt find it, look for a twitter post by the Epic games store. Or if you dont want to go to twitter, thats also understandable.

• JohnWeak
    edited October 2021
    Options

Is it this post ? https://i.redd.it/4542p8lqtvr71.png

If yes, everything makes sense then. We can see the puzzle.

DbD quitting steam to go on Epic store ? 🙄

• Tr1nity
    Options

Yea, I think they're getting ready to get kicked off steam.

• JohnWeak
    Options

If it ends up like this, they will reveal their real face.

All those behind the curtain arrangements to get money with unethical behavior... sad

• spookyat
    spookyat Member Posts: 4
    Options

srsly.... you are already overreacting guys..... and i tired of this #########. NFT bruhuhuhuu... NFT baby crying. NFT baby rage. NFT boycott BHVR! BHVR ITS EVIL!!! BRUHUHUHUU! its enough!!!!!!!! if i would be killer main. i would buy pinhead dlc and play with it.... i dont care the nft stuff. i wanna chilling and get rid of stress and anxiety but its impossible! because the nft ######### drama everywhere! grown up guys!🤬

just note: if the EA Games have NFT then you would be shut up :) and dont care🙄

( sorry my english very broken )

• Tr1nity
    Options

Its like the midchapter was just to butter everyone up for some pre-emptive damage control.

• JohnWeak
    edited October 2021
    Options

Western companies are completely greedy sick and unhealthy. They are ready to embrace any ideology, even two opposite ideologies just to earn more money.

Their only "religion" is $.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,895
    Options

Not really, the only thing they did differently with Pinhead than any other model is making it viable for NFT's. That would have been done by the IP anyway, because the IP has access to the models and keys anyway. All they need to find, is a 3rd party that makes the models available for NFT's, and in that scenario, BHVR would still have done 95% of the work for the creation of the NFT, as they supplied the models and the in-game codes.

Regardless of the situation, BHVR would have been the biggest responsible party for the NFT.

Let alone that NFT's arent actually directly the cause of a carbon emission stamp, that blame still lies at governments refusing to replacing coal plants with nuclear plants.