Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I’m genuinely disgusted at BHVR supporting NFTs

Comments

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

They don’t nerf random stuff because of people arguing. They nerf something when it’s annoying and complained about enough. But forget about it if these NFTs come to the game there will be no Buffs or nerfs to worry about

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
  • Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Regarding NFTs, they used a P2W Licensed Killer to bring it in. Would never be a survivor because all they get is cosmetics.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

I'm confused. What's going on? I don't quite understand. Can someone clear things up for me, please?

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

Is it a scam? Don't buy the NFT.

Can you still play DBD? Yes.

Is it bad for the environment? Just like all the most popular cryptocurrencies.

Will steam ban DBD? No, DBD is not based on blokchain and DBD game does not give you NFT (e.g. as an achievement).

Is DBD moving to Epic? I don't know, if yes, I am pretty sure you won't lose the purchased DLCs, cosmetics, your progress.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Yup.

I must say I am amused by the hyperventilating of Funko Pop fanatics.

How deep do their morals run?

Anyway, looking forward to the new survivor/tome/event.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

Some people are taking the tweets as BHVR endorsing NFTs (Which, we don't know whether they really do or not, but my guess currently is that it's another part of their liscensing agreement per what they had release about it in another tweet), and even though BHVR isn't based on NFT/Crypto and doesn't push it down your throat, we don't know if crypto being somewhat supported like this from BHVR is going to get the game banned from Steam.

Plus, there's the entire thing of if it does get banned, while I don't think we'll lose our progress or anything, it doesn't look good to move your game to another platform over a ban like that. That's why people are concerned.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

I also think so. Either both go NFT or non. Both would run under the same contract between BHVR and the license holder and thus BHVR would have to hand out their in-game models. I would love a Kristy Cotton survivor (or Pinhead) thou...

That said I am against adding any NFT to the game. I do not care about any weird crypto things but this would add another barrier to the game that would discourage new players. BHVR should think about making a good atonement for this sin...lying to the community is just the worst.

• fogdonkey

What you described here is the whole panic. Being scared, coming up with irrational fears, all this based on half facts.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I was already getting bored of DBD but I think it’s my time to leave it for good. Until BHVR get this sorted out I’m gone

• unluckycombo

I wouldn't say it's a 180. They just stated in their tweet that the things in-game you can recieve from the NFT and game codes and all that is something they gave the license holder as part of the contract agreement. They also stated there aren't any in-game bonuses for NFTs. They never fully stated they were for or against them, nor do we know the entire scope of the licensing agreement.

Not saying it isn't crappy that BHVR agreed to these terms in the first place, but I just wouldn't call this a 180 either.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Would you agree that what they are saying here is that "We only make the Chapter and are required to share assets with the parent companies, what they do with our assets is not reflective on us as a company." Is that not what they are saying here?

• fogdonkey

So please tell me:

1. Why do you think Steam can ban whoever they want? There are contracts controlling this. You think a sentence in contract says: we can ban you whenever we want to?

2. Where did BHVR say they have nothing to do with NFTs?

3. Pinhead skins for 200+? And who is forcing us to buy it?

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

Can you link the source of where they said they're not associated with NFT? I don't find it.

If you refer to these tweets, they never said "we are not associated with it":

I might misunderstood myself the words as I'm not an English native speaker. But I see nowhere "no NFT". They just said there is no exclusive content linked to the NFT.

(I also wanna add: I sound like I'm defending BHVR, but I'm just telling a fact. I do not and I will never support NFT.)

• Billy_Capră
    Billy_Capră Member Posts: 38

Who said anything about them moving to Epic? There are some conspiracy theories going on here. There is nothing wrong with BHVR looking to add Dead by Daylight to the Epic Games Store (which is the only thing we can guess based on the tweets between them), and it doesn't mean they are moving from Steam.

A third-party company creating NFTs using assets created by BHVR is not going to get DbD removed from Steam. Steam is banning games built on blockchains and/or containing NFTs or cryptocurrencies as rewards, etc. An NFT that may contain a DLC code has nothing to do with that. That's akin to saying any game ever given out by Humble Bundle needs to be removed from Steam because from time to time HB has book bundles about blockchains and cryptocurrencies.

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239

Valve bans blockchain games and NFTs on Steam

enough said.

• fogdonkey

It is in the Twitter post what they say. What do you don't understand?

• unluckycombo

Not saying I believe it, but that is a concern I've seen circulating around Twitter, which is why I brought it up in my post. I would personally be surprised if DBD got sacked for it, because it does seem mostly on the liscense holder, and like you said, it's not the entire game based around it. (Nor can you get anything special from buying the NFT in game past what you can already get without supporting the NFT.)

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239

Valve bans blockchain games and NFTs on Steam

lie,scams,if you're the kind of person that will ignore all this just because you love the game,then this will not bother you much

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801

Can they not use “green” electricity or anything like that? Or are they only always bad for the environment

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801

So is the electricity consumption on the creator of the nft or the owner?

• fogdonkey

So basically you are offended, because your assumptions were not correct. You can be offended if you want, but on the other hand saying that they were lying is also a lie.

• fogdonkey

Who was lying? Send link.

Just because NFT it doesn't immediately mean scam. Sure, there are probably a lot of NFT scammers.

• fogdonkey

I am not defending anyone just trying to chill down this mass hysteria.

And I am offended that you are offended because of this.