Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Character setup resetting after updates

Hopesfall
Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
edited March 2020 in Bug Reporting

This is at least the 2nd update where all my character's perk and outfit setups have been completely wiped out. The add ons and perks still exist, but the loadouts are blanked and all the cosmetics are back to default. Kind of a hassle setting everything up again.

This is on XBOX.

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited March 2020

Same issue for me (also on Xbox).

Question: did you launch Dead By Daylight after it said Ready to Start but was still not 100% done with the update?

I did, and I think this is the cause. The game's in a state of partial playability, so maybe your customizations are not loaded, but the defaults are used instead and overwrite your stuff.

Now that the patch notes section of the News just links here to the forums there is no longer any reason for me to launch the game before the update has finished (I liked to read the patch notes while the update finished). Hopefully I don't have this problem in the future.

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828

yeah i did launch it when it was 'ready to start' to see if i could go ahead and get deathslinger levelled up.. couldn't, so i quit the game.. when the update was done everything was wiped

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288

I have this issue all the time (not just after a patch) but just with Trapper. (PS4)

I filed a report for it a long time ago, but never got an answer.

• ttv_zepugg
    ttv_zepugg Member Posts: 4

yep this happens to me aswell also on xbox