Deathslinger is garbage.

Jarol
Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
edited October 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I'm sorry if I offend someone who plays a lot with him and is sad about this horrible change, but I'm right, I saw some streamers and my friends play with him and it's horrible, before his nerf he had more action speed when reloading and aim, now and dare I say.

That this is the worst nerf of all dbd. Now he is much slower and with a great radius terror, now it is difficult to aim, I really feel a lot for those who play with him, but it is not worth playing like him in his conditions.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Floppy
    Floppy Member Posts: 50

General

• Base trap carrying capacity and starting traps increased to 2 (was 1)
    • Trap aura color changed from red to white to be consistent with other killer object auras

Trapper

Base trap carrying capacity and starting traps increased to 2 (was 1)

The number of traps spawned on a given map is now always 6 (was random 4-6)

Add-on – Trapper Gloves: Setting speed bonus increased to 30% (was 20%)

Add-on – Secondary Coil: Increased trap disarm time to 50% (was 43%)

Trapper Sack: Bear Traps are carried at the beginning of the trial instead of spawning on the map.

The Wraith

Uncloaking speed boost duration reduced to 1 seconds (was 1.25 seconds)

Hill Billy

Add-on – Death Engravings: Added effect: Decreases heat generated while charging by 14%

Add-on – Doom Engravings: Added effect: Decreases heat generated while charging by 14%

Add-on – Mother’s Helpers: Charge speed bonus after being stunned increased to 18% (was 12%)

Add-on – Tuned Carburetor: Charge speed bonus increased to 25% (was 20%)

The Nurse

Add-on – Torn Bookmark: Removed line of sight restriction. Added effect: Increases Blink recharge time by 50%

The Shape

Add-on – Vanity Mirror: Removed speed penalty

The Hag

Add-on – Waterlogged Shoe: Increased speed bonus to 4.5% (was 2%)

The Pig

• Add-on – Bag of Gears: Increased Reverse Bear Trap setting speed bonus to 50% (was 20%)
    • Add-on – Crate of Gears: Decreased Jigsaw Box search penalty to 33% (was 43%)
    • Add-on – Tampered Timer: Decreased Reverse Bear Trap death timer modification to 20 seconds (was 30 seconds)
    • Add-on – Amanda’s Letter: Jigsaw Box reduction removed. Aura reveal range increased to 16 meters (was 12 meters)
    • Reworked Add-on – John’s Medical File: Increases crouched move speed by 6%
    • Reworked Add-on – Razor Wires: Failing a Jigsaw Box skill check while uninjured will injure the survivor

The Spirit

While phase walking Survivors within 24 meters of The Spirit (not the husk) hear a directional audio cue that gains volume with proximity

The Plague

• If the power button is released early, Vile Purge will continue charging to the minimum threshold instead of cancelling and entering cooldown
    • Vile Purge cooldown move speed increased from 2.3m/s to 3.6m/s
    • Base object infection time increased to 40 seconds (was 35 seconds)
    • Time to cleanse at a fountain increased to 8 seconds (was 6 seconds)
    • Add-on – Limestone Seal: Object infection bonus increased to 20 seconds (was 5 seconds)
    • Add-on – Emetic Potion: Increased Vile Purge effectiveness bonus to 30% (was 25%)
    • Add-on – Hematite Seal: Object infection bonus increased to 30 seconds (was 10 seconds)

Add-on – Ashen Apple: Removed object infection duration modifier. Added effect: Increases the number of Pools of Devotion in the trial by 1

• Add-on – Exorcism Amulet: Increased Corrupt Purge duration bonus to 10 seconds (was 6 seconds)
    • Add-on – Devotees Amulet: Increased Corrupt Purge duration bonus to 20 seconds (was 8 seconds)

Reworked Add-on – Vile Emetic: Increases velocity of vomit projectiles by 10%

The Deathslinger

• Increased movement speed when aiming down sights to 85% (was 75%)
    • The cooldown when a survivor breaks free is now the same duration as a successful hit cooldown
    • Add-on – Gold Creek Whiskey: Removed movement speed penalty
    • Add-on – Marshal’s Badge: Removed movement speed penalty
    • Add-on – Iridescent Coin: Decreased range requirement to 12 meters (was 15 meters)
    • Add-on – Wanted Poster: Decreased movement speed while aiming to 2.5% (was 10%)
    • Add-on – Jaw Smasher: Decreased movement speed while aiming to 1% (was 5%)

The Ghost Face

• Night Shroud recovery time decreased to 24 seconds (was 30 seconds)
    • Add-on – Walleye’s Matchbook: Decreased Night Shroud recovery modifier to 2 seconds (was 4 seconds)
    • Add-on – Olson’s Address Book: Decreased Night Shroud recovery modifier to 3 seconds (was 6 seconds)
    • Add-on – Chewed Pen: Decreased Night Shroud recovery modifier to 4 seconds (was 8 seconds)

The Blight

• Add-on – Adrenaline Vial: Increased rush token recharge bonus to 1 second (was 0.75 seconds). Added effect: Increases Rushing speed by 10%
    • Add-on – Summoning Stone: Increased pallet blocking range to 16 meters (was 12 meters). Increased pallet blocking duration to 15 seconds (was 6 seconds)

The Oni

Add-on – Scalped Topknot: Reduced Demon Dash activation reduction to 0.5 seconds (was 1 second)

The Trickster

Add-on – Ji-Woon’s Autograph: Decreased the reduction of blades required to 1 (was 2)

These are the newest reworks and added things to the game I looked through them and removed ones that were reworks or a change of rarity. And found 7 things they changed that were not in favor of the killers.

Also it should be mentioned that not a single survivor got buffed! Some of the names of the items perks ect have been changed but not a single buff! I don't play as survivor alot but as a killer main I can nearly always get a 4k without camping tunneling or needing of underhanded tactics. It's sad af to see all those buffs given to killers and they are still so bad at the game they have to come here and complain or camp and tunnel... These are not nerfs!

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,243

I did fine with him, but I always played him the way he was nerfed to. Was never much of a quick scoper. The ADS mindgame is super clunky now, but it definitely still works.

• Floppy

How is irrelevant? Unless deathslinger has always been terrible that makes no sense! Also I don't think its Deathslinger that's bad I think its you that's bad. Maybe get better at that character or use different add ons or perks? Maybe play a different character? Idk whatever makes you feel better about being bad at the game.

• Floppy

The Deathslinger

• The Deathslinger must now wait for the Enter Aim animation to complete before being able to fire (0.4 seconds)
    • The Deathslinger must now wait for the Exit Aim animation to complete before being able to attack (0.6 seconds)
    • Increased movement speed when aiming down sights to 85% (was 75%)
    • The cooldown when a survivor breaks free is now the same duration as a successful hit cooldown
    • Increased terror radius to 32 meters (was 24 meters)
    • Add-on – Gold Creek Whiskey: Removed movement speed penalty
    • Add-on – Marshal’s Badge: Removed movement speed penalty
    • Add-on – Iridescent Coin: Decreased range requirement to 12 meters (was 15 meters)
    • Add-on – Wanted Poster: Decreased movement speed while aiming to 2.5% (was 10%)
    • Add-on – Jaw Smasher: Decreased movement speed while aiming to 1% (was 5%)
    • Reworked Add-on – Hellshire Iron: When a Survivor is speared, gain Undetectable. The effect persists for 10 seconds after the Survivor is no longer speared.

Most of these are changes in rarity not a nerf in fact most of them are BUFFS! Unless you can't read it's obvious that you are bad at playing Deathslinger.

• Floppy

You are saying that because you can't play your way its crap? Lol omg I have never seen someone think bad about a character when it's so obvious that they can't use those perks and add ons very well (most likely due to using an easy route) that they see this as the characters flaws and not their own! You don't know how to use those perks or add ons so you think Deathslinger sucks... when it's you that doesn't know or want to know another way to use that character lmao

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

While I don't think this is the worst dbd nerd ever (I'm still looking at Trickster) it's definitely on par with Hillbillys Overheat nerf. Not needed and almost killed that Killer. Deathslinger was not good to begin with and now is really, really bad with no redeeming qualities

• Floppy

Lmao you don't use that so he must be a bad character! Lmao I'm dying! You are bad at Deathslinger because you can't or won't use other perks or add ons! Not Deathslinger but you! Lmao

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

That is all these forums are. Bunch of killers whining and moaning they can't kill 80% of the time. Then you get the really trash survivors coming in being like nerf trapper nerf hag or some other def not op thing they can't counter. I hate the clown and they usually kill me everytime but he's not op. Just annoying

• Floppy

Right! I see it all the time! Oddly enough tho I'm a killer main but I play survivor occasionally. I want the game to be fun for everyone but the moment that a killer has to try a little harder they give up and start crying. Lol I'm just like bring it on! I got this make my pig slower and blind fold her I will still 4k without camping or tunneling! It's a challenge and it seems not many killers in the dbd forum are very good at challenges.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

When base-kit is main issue everyone has with Deathslinger, then it doesn't matter what add-ons he has.

He was always worse Huntress, but after those nerfs, he is way worse Huntress that even feels bad to play as.

Because of longer ADS, I get same feeling as Huntress with Wind-up time addons. Problem is that unlike Huntress, Deathslinger has several limitations. He gets more punished for single miss, he can't down over pallet / far window, he has limited range, he has super tiny hitbox that is easy to dodge and his ADS sensitivity + POV just sucks, so he can't even flick.

ADS sensitivity + POV were always bad, but noone did it, because of quick-scope, so it wasn't an issue before.

Deathslinger was played by FPS players a lot, because they could use skills they already had, but that's not a thing anymore after quick-scope nerf.

Quick-scope was only thing he was better at than Trickster / Huntress, so right now, there is just no reason to play him, unless you enjoy looking at old guy with [BAD WORD] up leg, but no kink shaming.

Zoning is same as Huntress, you just hold your power, but I don't know about you, it's way easier with Huntress, because of that POV that Deathslinger gets.

You have clearly never played old, nor new Deathslinger, so why do you bother trying to act like you know what you are talking about?

• Ramxenoc445

They just want their free wins. Like a killer that is clearly too good and needs a nerf they'll deny it and when they get nerfed make the same posts about dead/dying game the killer is dead/sucks game being run by dumb survivor favored devs. All while ignoring how much easier killer has gotten and the buffs they get for different killers and survivor nerfs that are because things were too strong. They did it with Freddy, Spirit, Billy (poor Billy gets NO love anymore) Pyramid Head, and I guess now Slinger. Like they just play what's the Meta killer or the most overpowered one. Then to top it off you can say WHATEVER you want about the survivor side here but the second you say anything bad about killer you get so much flack for it.

• Floppy

Lmao say your bad at Deathslinger without saying your bad at Deathslinger! Maybe you should use different perks or add on or wait I know find a better way to play the character! Oh wait you don't know how! And I main pig but I know several Deathslinger that get me every single time. Because they don't play like the typical Deathslinger. Why? Because they played it so much that they are now expert Deathslinger players! And you bet they played with those new changes and have been MORE successful than before! So please don't pretend like it's because of the character because it's not! And it's sad that you even try to explain that it is.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

Yes cause nobody means only me. Clearly. You know what your right. I'm the issue here. The reason deathslinger is the way he is cause of me.

Btw why did you bring up perks? At what point was perks mentioned? Literally it was deathslinger's base kit and his addons. Where are you getting perks?

• Clowning
    Clowning Member Posts: 886

I genuinely don't see why anyone would play Deathslinger over Huntress, unless you're in it for the aesthetics. Horrible balance decisions.

• Ramxenoc445

I've played every killer at some point whether it was because I liked them or just wanted to try or for points. DS is one I like to play so yes i've played new and old slinger. He's fine you're just not being carried but a stupidly small terror radius so you have to actually hit your shots now instead of getting cheesy quick scopes that are near impossible to dodge with no warning. Also tiers for killers DO NOT matter. People can 4k with every killer when they get the right set of perks that fit their playstyle. So him not being above B tier means absolutely nothing. Survivor perks like pebble are never going to be above B tier either but people still like using it. Tiers mean nothing and since you talk about caring about how it feels you must also now how ######### it feels to get quick scoped when you had no chance of countering it or getting snuck up on by a slinger using monitor. So with that in mind Nerf def justified

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

Tell me you have zero map awareness without telling me you have zero map awareness.

• Ramxenoc445

Pretending like maps with multiple floors or walls you can't see through exists. Talking ######### won't unnerf him might wanna choose a diff tactic

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,476

you do realize that survivors themselves don't get buffs since they are generally the perks they use right,

also in which case survior buffs entail

Vigil: Recovery bonus increased to 20/25/30% (was 10/15/20%). Added Broken, Exposed, and Oblivious to the status effects modified by the perk.

Guardian (formerly Babysitter): Added a 7% Haste status effect for the rescued survivor. Removed the Killer seeing your aura. Killer aura visibility for you increased to 8 seconds (was 4 seconds).

For the People: Reduced the duration of the Broken status effect to 80/70/60 seconds (was 110/100/90 seconds)

Windows of Opportunity: Increased effective range to 24/28/32 meters (was 20 meters). Removed cooldown after vaulting / dropping a Pallet.

Repressed Alliance: Generator repair requirement reduced to 55/50/45 seconds (was 80/70/60 seconds)

Built to Last – Reworked: After hiding inside a Locker for 14/13/12 seconds with a depleted item in hand, 99% of its charges are refilled. Each use of Built to Last reduces the amount of charges refilled by 33%. Added stinger audio when item charges are refilled

Any Means Necessary: Added effect: You can see the auras of dropped pallets

No Mither: Grunts of pain reduction increased to 25/50/75% (was 0/25/50%). Added effect: Your recovery speed is increased by 15/20/25%

all of which are buffs to potential playstyles and make a lot of perks more powerful for their slot

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

If he's using walls to sneak up on you, you have his terror radius, even with Monitor and Abuse, and if you haven't preplanned your LOS against DS (Which we can all tell you don't) then you deserve to get speared for sitting on that gen.

There's also that red stain thing.

Again, tell me you have zero map awareness without telling me you have zero map awareness. You're not fooling anyone.

• Floppy

It was not just brought up yes he had alot of additional Buffs and I think 1 or 2 nerfs maybe but some are more of an exchange than a nerf and others are just Reworked perks and add ons. I brought up perks because if you can't get kills with the killers main perks then switch them out with other killers perks or different add ons you are not used to using. They made perks available to different killers from different killers for a reason. Everyone has a different play style and everyone can do better with perks that best suit them and what they are trying to accomplish. If you are using a set of perks that are not doing well for you then switch them out! These guys are saying that Deathslinger it's self is bad because they choose not try other things to make it easier or to get the desired goal. Instead they say the killer is bad when it is clearly that they are just mad that they can't breeze through things anymore.

• Dino7281
    edited October 2021

I have never had an issue playing against Deathslinger. He was quite easy to win against. Just hold W and predict when he is going to shoot.

Well, you don't need to predict now, you can just react.

Tiers matter, if you try to get good at the game, or just play against good survivors, if you have ever seen pebble, then you are not there. So yeah, you can get away with playing whatever you want.

Again I don't care about his power-level, I play lot of FPS games and I am good at them, so he was interesting to me, only because of quick-scope.

TR change didn't matter to me, that change only how survivors feel to play against him, didn't affect my side. But after quick-scope nerf, there is no reason for me to play him.

I have over 200 hours, just on deathslinger and it is wasted now.

There is no reason for Deathslinger to have longer ADS like other killers, when he has limitation that other killers don't. He get more punished for single miss, he can't down over most pallets / far windows, he has limited range, he has tiny hitbox that is easy to dodge and his ADS sensitivity + POV just sucks, so he can't even flick. Btw he also has longer time to down on avarage than Trickster / Huntress.

His argument, they just don't wanna work and look at me I play Pig, so I am right - is just funny. Pig is fun to play, Deathslinger is not anymore, that's a big difference.

• RenRen

But they aren't saying that they aren't using other things. There saying the basekit is bad. Specifically the Base Terror Radius and the Aiming Pickup and Put Down speed both of which can't be changed by addons nor perks.

• Floppy

Yes I do realize this but it's not the reason I posted that! If you think that perks and add ons don't matter then why use them? The fact is that this guy is saying Deathslinger is bad because he choose not to use other add ons or other perks. In reality he is simply mad that he can't breeze through things like he used to the way he use to. He now must learn his character again and try new things to get the desired results. But instead of doing that he is just crying about how Deathslinger sucks.

• Floppy

Those things can be changed and altered with add ons! They are forcing you to choose between add ons to make the character more balanced! NOT NERFED! He is 100% wrong the fact is that he doesn't want to use add ons or perks to help those things he wants to use add ons and perks that make it easier to find survivors or give him bonuses like speed or reload speed. You have to choose, its called balancing.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,476

Yea but you don't have to attack him about it you could just be more suggestive and recommend he tries a few new builds or playstyles or just switches off deathslinger for a bit and maybe broaden his horizon since its a good time to do so

• Dino7281

Yeah, my tactic is not playing him, so his pick rate gets to ######### and when I am forced to play challenge with him, I will just do it asap and then go afk.

That might do a trick...

• RenRen

I said Pick up and Put down Aiming or I guess a better way to say it is ADS. I'm not saying reloading. Also do you know that there not using different addons/perks or are you assuming?

• Dino7281
    edited October 2021

Alright tell me what to use that will fix my issues with him:

ADS sensitivity and POV

Long ADS with his power limitations

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

Ight.. now les see this in action against good survivors...

Bet you won't get more than three hooks by the time the 5th gen is done lol

• Floppy

The ADS can be changed in settings pov sounds like a bug maybe. But the reason the one guy was saying he was bad was because he didn't want to try a different build. Pov could also mean that there is something wrong with camera settings. I keep getting messages from the one guy so I might of responded with the wrong message a few times. I apologize for that.

• Floppy

ADS sensitivity can be changed in settings. The pov is a possible bug so why say it's Deathslinger that sucks when it's obviously the devs that need to fix it. Oh I might of responded to you when I thought I was responding to someone else I apologize if I did that.

• Momentosis
    Momentosis Member Posts: 824

No offense to him but it really doesn't look like english is his first language.

• Dino7281
    edited October 2021

Your overall sensitivity can be changed, but I am not aware that you could change only for his ADS, that is same for everyone.

His POV sucks not because of bug, but because unlike other killers that keep they normal POV while using their power, Deathslinger changes his POV like he is aiming with his gun, so it gets lowered and you don't really see anything around you.

This was always same, but noone did it before, because quick-scope was a thing. That's not possible and you are forced to deal with it.

Again, I don't care how good the killer is. My main factor to play = as that killer fun? And I don't know about you, but Deathslinger is not.

Pig and Trapper are one of the worst killers, but Pig is fun just for memes and Trapper is just super satisfying when your trap works.

Well, Trapper might not be worst killer anymore, but hard to tell.

Deathslinger will not be nowhere near close for title "worst killer", he got lower maybe like C tier for me (which is still not that bad), but he won title "least fun killer to play" for me. Which is bigger deal to me.

• Floppy

I have already played and aside from a few things it seems ok got mostly 4ks but a few got me good I accept the challenges. I like challenges! It's a shame more killers aren't like that. They just cry when they can't get kills instead of find another way. I will admit tho Trapper was the least unbalanced character I have seen. I'm happy killers got all the buffs but it's sad to see so many winning in here.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

If you're maybe Nurse / spirit / blight Maybe,

Not any other killer can compete Against a good Deathsquad my guy...

• Dino7281
    edited October 2021

You can get away with Oni too, if you use best perks tho, so you can snowball and gain your power.

With Hag too, most dead squads are still not prepared to have one guy to harass you all the time, it happened to me only once, but yeah, then you are #########.

Plague might be viable after buffs too, we will see.

I am going to play her a lot, when I can't enjoy Deathslinger, they will not enjoy Circle of Healing.

• Impose
    Impose Member Posts: 400

"Not one survivor got a buff." You mean besides the new survivor with broken boon totems?

Also survivors don't need a buff. They're the most powerful side of this game by a mile.

• Ramxenoc445

Well he was one of my worst killers to play against when he released and after bitching about it I decided to just play him more. Made playing against him easier and that made me just play him more. Ranged killer > M1 killer except blight. Being a Huntress main and a big FPS player it only made sense to play those two. I do nothing but knife and tomohawk in call of duty and play other shooters so. But I think his time to down is only worse because trickster got buffed and to some he's still ass. I don't think he is but I can see it. But idk I guess RIP DS. Seems fine to me but you def play him more than me but nobody likes getting shot near instantly so here we are.