Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Boons aren't OP, Boons hurt the Casual/New Playerbase

Lochnload_exe
Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360
edited October 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Boons are not OP at all. If the devs introduced a killer perk that would randomly just make survivors not work on gens for 16 seconds, the outcry would be insane. Doing it on a hex? 24 seconds. How are fellow killer mains not seeing the value. It is because Boons are strong effects that newer and more casual players struggle with, stuff like micromanaging and tracking.

I've never been the most affected by iron will or lucky break because I usually just hear the loud footsteps and can still chase and mindgame really effectively. Shadowstep just does the same thing as lucky break, but it takes 16 seconds to activate it in a specific area. It also has anti aura reading which hurts BBQ, but I only use it for BP and using game sense I can usually figure out where people will be anyways, plus now whispers is more useful lmao.

Circle of Healing is actually pretty good for survivors. While it still takes 16 seconds to activate, or 24, you can now heal teammates faster in that area, or heal yourself there for normal time, faster time with a medkit. This is good, but it is still that normal medkit time to heal, on top of the 16 seconds to proc it. Now over time there is definitely time saved, but even playing normally you can just walk and disable it super fast, and if an entire team is running it, that is 4 survivors each wasting a minimum of 16 seconds. That is still a really great slow down.

They really are not op in the slightest. If I were to change anything, I would make Circle of Healing not boost medkits, and I would make Shadowstep not hide auras. I really do not think anything else super needs to be done, but the reason for that is because I have experience.

I have been playing for a lot of years, and I know how to play fairly efficiently. I am no comp or pro player, I don't even have as many hours as some people, but I do know how to play at a great level, not as a flex or anything it just happens if you play something for this long. From the complaints I've seen from other killers is that "shadowstep makes chases impossible" or "finding boons take too long" and it is a fair argument. But in the end, they really are not as insanely strong as people say. Circle of Healing can be good, and might actually be a new good thing to bring, but it does have counterplay, unlike some other top meta perks that are complained about.

TL;DR - Boons aren't very strong, they just affect things like tracking and micromanaging that very casual and newer players (I am casual, I just have played for 4 years and I have experience) already struggle with. They affect the fun portion of the games, while they also help with gen speeds, but you don't notice that if you focus on the 1v1.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments