The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survive with friends Issue currently

Survive With friends is annoying since it was not intended in the beginning but because of people bitching about not being able of playing with your friends. if you solo queue you nearly have no ways of communication but if ur in swf u can get on coms and ruin the whole purpose of the game (no communication, voice chat)
so i suggest that the game indicates in the lobby if the survivors are queued as a swf to the killer and it's the killer's choice to stay with the survivor groupe and risk a defeat since btw survivors are op as ######### at the moment it ruins the killer's chance to win (example if u solo queue and the killer has ruin then u would go to look for the totem right but u have no way of telling ur survivors to stay on gens and fix it while u go and find the ruin however as a swf this is not a issue)

this needs to be adressed.

currently the way to dodge a swf groupe is to leave if u see 2-4 survivors appearing in the lobby at the same time, but it can get frustrating since the que times are slow af and that you need to keep urself occupied while u wait therefore u don't know if the survivors are in a swf group of not.

i know there are other issues regarding survivors such as ds, gens being done to fast but fixing swf is (to me) the number one priority on balancing survivors since you can't get things donne quickly or well done if you don't have communication.

Comments

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

I think something needs to be changed. Instead of forcing lobby dodging, I'd rather some means of simply opting out of SWF for the killer be provided, so killers who want to avoid that nonsense can do so easily.

• MakoFenrir
    MakoFenrir Member Posts: 51

Survive With friends is annoying since it was not intended in the beginning but because of people bitching about not being able of playing with your friends. if you solo queue you nearly have no ways of communication but if ur in swf u can get on coms and ruin the whole purpose of the game (no communication, voice chat)
    so i suggest that the game indicates in the lobby if the survivors are queued as a swf to the killer and it's the killer's choice to stay with the survivor groupe and risk a defeat since btw survivors are op as ######### at the moment it ruins the killer's chance to win (example if u solo queue and the killer has ruin then u would go to look for the totem right but u have no way of telling ur survivors to stay on gens and fix it while u go and find the ruin however as a swf this is not a issue)

currently the way to dodge a swf groupe is to leave if u see 2-4 survivors appearing in the lobby at the same time, but it can get frustrating since the que times are slow af and that you need to keep urself occupied while u wait therefore u don't know if the survivors are in a swf group of not.

i know there are other issues regarding survivors such as ds, gens being done to fast but fixing swf is (to me) the number one priority on balancing survivors since you can't get things donne quickly or well done if you don't have communication.

Last Q&A they said it was intended. Voice comms don’t help as much as a lot of people think for an average group of people and even if you take swf out, consoles can still invite the solo people to a party and I’m sure pc has a way of getting random together also.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@MakoFenrir said:
    Hugodzilla said:

Last Q&A they said it was intended. Voice comms don’t help as much as a lot of people think for an average group of people and even if you take swf out, consoles can still invite the solo people to a party and I’m sure pc has a way of getting random together also.

Yeah after 2 years of claiming otherwise they suddenly changed their opinion.
    Just a classic BHVR move, but that doesnt change the fact that the game wasnt built around voice comms as you can clearly see with perks like empathy,bond,OoO,knock out...

• Catner
    Catner Member Posts: 1

I do get why people would wanna play together, and that is cool. But DbD has become a competitive game, so they should do just like ANY other competitive game and have separate queues for that. We could have an unraked play mode, where you could play as a group. Or have a separate ranked queues and people would have a separate rank in SwF and solo as would the killer (who would be able to choose playing against SwF or against solo players)

• bloxe
    bloxe Member Posts: 81
    100% with you. Just being able to communicate gives you A LOT of perks.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

Yeah. SWF isn't going anywhere. It's basically vital to any online game.

That doesn't mean it's not a means to break this game.

That also doesn't mean we can't have a decent dodge method, either filters or labels.

At the very least, compensate the killer for going against people harder than they should be at the rank, and/or make SWFs match make against higher ranked killers than usual.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

Today i had to play against 5 SWF

Goddamn they are annoying, it is impossible to play trapper or bubba with them

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Rebel_Raven said:
    **Yeah. SWF isn't going anywhere. It's basically vital to any online game. **

That also doesn't mean we can't have a decent dodge method, either filters or labels.

At the very least, compensate the killer for going against people harder than they should be at the rank, and/or make SWFs match make against higher ranked killers than usual.

The bolded part will never get through to the people that want an easier game or that removing SWF would kill the game.

Dodging would just be used as an excuse like always hey I don't like the character choice dodge, they brought a flashlight dodge etc.

The bloodpoit bonus is something that should be added with a x multiplier number at the bonus screen. They also need to match to the highest ranked player more. So if you have a rank 1 player and 3 rank 17'-20's you get at least a rank 8 or so killer.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@JanTheMan said:
    The devs said it was always intended...

The Devs also said that is was intended, but was not implemented, because they did know it would be unbalanced.
    And it only got forced into the game by complaining survivors (reviewbombing).

• m0rkTFH
    m0rkTFH Member Posts: 9

Im a "new" player of this game having 100 hours and starting play in september.

i play mainly as a killer and often as a solo survivor. In my opinion the SWF mode is a real problem because u can get in game advantages with off game devices like team speak.

I think it shoul be cancelled or, at least, modified in the way that groups can only be matchmaked with killers who have a rank equal to the more high rank in the group, or maybe using not ranks but hours as a key for the matchmaking.

I know that many people say "rank means nothing, hours mean nothing" but weirdly the ones say this are always survs and always play survive with friend carrying noobs. If its true that an 80 hours player can be very able in this game and be rank 1 or 2, more often a 80 hours surv is not that good to completely ruin the killer match (which is what swf does); instead, even if there is 2k survs who are not very good, very often a single experienced players can completely waste a newbie killer match.

That means "unbalancing". So swf makes this game unbalanced and need to be fixed.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

@Wolf74 said:

@JanTheMan said:
    The devs said it was always intended...

The Devs also said that is was intended, but was not implemented, because they did know it would be unbalanced.
    And it only got forced into the game by complaining survivors (reviewbombing).

This /\ .... DBD would have died long ago or if still alive no where near as successful...That's what SWF brings to the table... I only wish the devs would balance it some... I would ask for perks that would combat SWF but that would be again the situation of ignoring the problem that's in the game.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

What i hate with SwF is that no killers is viable except ( Billy , Nurse and clown ). You will ask me why other killers is not viable simply because time is very important with SwF. Gen rush is the thing that must be removed, killers with less mobility have less time to take map control.

In the case of the Trapper to counter loop he has to place traps which SwF can easily counter. The actual meta force the killers to use some perks ( Bamboozle , spirit fury , enduring , ruin , BBQ ) killers should have more choice to SaF when he comes to perks and, should be obliged to play with ruin for the gen to survive.

• Kongereke
    Kongereke Member Posts: 10

It really amuses me how disconnected some people seem to be from the actual game. Also how biased some people are. So funny to read some of these comments. There's a couple of OP things in this game now.

DS, Adrenaline(Only With SWF), BOrrowed Time, do however enjoy the change to BT since it punishes tunnel/camp even more so now. And No After the Exhaustion nerf none of them are OP. Same goes for Healing nerf, Self care is not OP. No matter what you say. Stop calling other survivor perks OP Killers. Theyre simply not. The game is the most balanced it's been since i started playing it over a year ago.

Yes a good organized SWF is really good. But so is a well played killer. (With aurareadings and whatnot.)
    Exhaustion Addons(After the Exhaustion nerf i feel like these are way to strong.), NOED, EBONY MORI, SPIRIT, NURSE, BBQ('cause closets are #########)
    SLOPPY BUTCHER(Id rather take 40 sec extra per gen then sloppy any day of the week. Sloppy is SO BORING gameplay. Please put this back to the point it was before)

• Master

@powerbats said:

@Rebel_Raven said:
    **Yeah. SWF isn't going anywhere. It's basically vital to any online game. **

The bolded part will never get through to the people that want an easier game or that removing SWF would kill the game.

Dodging would just be used as an excuse like always hey I don't like the character choice dodge, they brought a flashlight dodge etc.

The bloodpoit bonus is something that should be added with a x multiplier number at the bonus screen. They also need to match to the highest ranked player more. So if you have a rank 1 player and 3 rank 17'-20's you get at least a rank 8 or so killer.

Since DBD is a game where a survivor can 1vs1 the killer and SWF give you an insane advantage anyway, my suggestion would be to search for a killer at rank 1 in your scenario. (highest rank of swf members)

• Darkwey
    Darkwey Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2018

I am pretty new in game (100+ h) and I am leaving Killer because that SWF is just impossible to win. U know u are playing with SWF when you see whole time no one on gens but they are complete one by one and u find first survivor when 1-2 are left and when u start chase him they are done with all. Then u just believe he don't have DS because u will end game with 0 hooks. I played with friends (3 in team) once and it was too easy... even I was new in game but you know almost whole time where Killer is so you can doing gens with no worries.

• m0rkTFH

@Kongereke said:
    It really amuses me how disconnected some people seem to be from the actual game. Also how biased some people are. So funny to read some of these comments. There's a couple of OP things in this game now.

DS, Adrenaline(Only With SWF), BOrrowed Time, do however enjoy the change to BT since it punishes tunnel/camp even more so now. And No After the Exhaustion nerf none of them are OP. Same goes for Healing nerf, Self care is not OP. No matter what you say. Stop calling other survivor perks OP Killers. Theyre simply not. The game is the most balanced it's been since i started playing it over a year ago.

Yes a good organized SWF is really good. But so is a well played killer. (With aurareadings and whatnot.)
    Exhaustion Addons(After the Exhaustion nerf i feel like these are way to strong.), NOED, EBONY MORI, SPIRIT, NURSE, BBQ('cause closets are #########)
    SLOPPY BUTCHER(Id rather take 40 sec extra per gen then sloppy any day of the week. Sloppy is SO BORING gameplay. Please put this back to the point it was before)

Maybe u are the one who is disconnected from the game. Or maybe you are simply not honest.
    U say DS is not op? Borrowed or (un)balanced landing aren't? Maybe u're right, but the truth is that best killer perks are always counterable (for example Ruin, which is too easy to find and destroy), instead most of survivor's perks are uncounterable. And its only one of the advantages the survs have (like the hatch, for example). Everyone is blaming the survivor nerfs and bla bla bla but there is not enough nerf when u have a broken mode like swf, that allows you to have IN GAME advantages with OFF GAME devices.
    This is not balancing, whatever your opinion is.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Instead of making it easier to dodge or giving swf less people to play with, how about we're discuss nerfing them? We could limit the perks they can use (such as one per person) and hide end screen until the very, very end when everyone is dead. 
  • fluffybunny
    m0rkTFH said:

@Kongereke said:

Maybe u are the one who is disconnected from the game. Or maybe you are simply not honest.
    U say DS is not op? Borrowed or (un)balanced landing aren't? Maybe u're right, but the truth is that best killer perks are always counterable (for example Ruin, which is too easy to find and destroy), instead most of survivor's perks are uncounterable. And its only one of the advantages the survs have (like the hatch, for example). Everyone is blaming the survivor nerfs and bla bla bla but there is not enough nerf when u have a broken mode like swf, that allows you to have IN GAME advantages with OFF GAME devices.

Since of the counters: 
    DS you can dribble or leave on ground
    BT you can wait out the BT time or just not camp and put on something like MYC to find savior after save
    Balance landing is only used once and you can mind game it, depending on the situation. 

And you're talking from the stand point that the survivors find the hex. I've had games where no one found the ruin and you also have perks you can put with it to protect it. 
  • m0rkTFH
    edited January 2019

Leaving one in ground and re-grab him is a waste of time. A large waste of time. The other survivor can bodyblock me in the route to the hook for make the grabbed guy wiggle free. DS needs to be fixed.
    I cant waste a perk spot for countering borrowed time when I have 4 of them, survs have 16 perk slots in premade; anyway BT is not really OP in my opinion.
    SWF needs to be fixed, and no...i cant spend a perk to protect Ruin, because survivors does not need to waste slot to protect from my perk because they can simply make them unaffective. And they have 16 slots when I have only 4 of them. This is not balanced. Ruin should be more difficult to destroy and SWF should be improved in a better way. The game in which Ruin is not found are extremely rare, because the spawn points are 3 on 4 times close to generators. I love this game, but need to be fixed for equality. Now is almost unplayable for pretty new players because of survive with friends and every toxic thing which is allowed to them. Devs dont fix: they've add a perk to prevent bodyblock (only while carrying bodies tho) when they could simply make disappear the collision during corpse transport.

This game is unplayable for a killer not extremely expert VS premade, and is very hard to play for a solo survivor. This thing need to be fixed. And remember: off game devices cant give in game advantages for only a single contender in this game. When this happen, the game is unbalanced. If someone keeps deniyng that he's not honest.

• Master

@fluffybunny said:
    m0rkTFH said:

@Kongereke said:

DS, Adrenaline(Only With SWF), BOrrowed Time,  do however enjoy the change to BT since it punishes tunnel/camp even more so now. And No After the Exhaustion nerf none of them are OP. Same goes for Healing nerf, Self care is not OP. No matter what you say. Stop calling other survivor perks OP Killers. Theyre simply not. The game is the most balanced it's been since i started playing it over a year ago.

Since of the counters: 
    BT you can wait out the BT time or just not camp and put on something like MYC to find savior after save
    Balance landing is only used once and you can mind game it, depending on the situation. 

And you're talking from the stand point that the survivors find the hex. I've had games where no one found the ruin and you also have perks you can put with it to protect it. 

Dribbling only prolongs the inevitable, in the end you will have to eat the DS anyway.
    You cant wait BT out anymore, just like the legion power.
    You can use balanced landing as many times as you wish, it just has a short cooldown.

After some time you learn the totem spots and its not that difficult to find them, but the sad part is that you can simply power through ruin too

• fluffybunny
    edited January 2019
    Master said:

@fluffybunny said:
    m0rkTFH said:

@Kongereke said:

DS, Adrenaline(Only With SWF), BOrrowed Time,  do however enjoy the change to BT since it punishes tunnel/camp even more so now. And No After the Exhaustion nerf none of them are OP. Same goes for Healing nerf, Self care is not OP. No matter what you say. Stop calling other survivor perks OP Killers. Theyre simply not. The game is the most balanced it's been since i started playing it over a year ago.

Since of the counters: 

Dribbling only prolongs the inevitable, in the end you will have to eat the DS anyway.
    You cant wait BT out anymore, just like the legion power.
    You can use balanced landing as many times as you wish, it just has a short cooldown.

After some time you learn the totem spots and its not that difficult to find them, but the sad part is that you can simply power through ruin too

I don't like DS either. The users tend to think they're hot ######### when in reality they aren't that great. Needs to be changed imo to affect other things like chases, etc. I know the thing is that Laurie stabbed Michael to get away, but it could affect something that isn't so game changing and have a cool down.

Until they change it otherwise, pretty sure you can. BT doesn't work half the time anyway. You just don't hit them for 30 seconds. Pretty sure they said it wasn't against the rules. 

You need something to jump from. If you can't get to something, you can't use the perk. Some maps don't even have fall spots. The cooldown just means they may get it once per chase and only if they can make it to a drop point and sometimes you can even cut off the drop point if you foresee a balanced landing. Just has to do with mind games. 

I don't know. I've been to talk one and there's plenty who stuck at ruin checks.

If you haven't played survivor before, I would suggest giving it a try. You can't really accurately talk about balance until you take both sides into account.
  • m0rkTFH

I play survivor too (started as a killer but now started playing survivor because is easier) and i can easily say that the game is unbalanced. Is unbalanced in advantage of survs because of SWF, which is something that broken than any nerf cant fix ita until the nerf will be ON it; but when a survivor play solo (the thing for whose the game was intended - because, like as movies as Saw is was intended on cooperation but between stangers who have to adapt to cooperate with each other), when a survivor plays in solo it became too hard.
    This means "unbalancing" at all.

• Gunmech04
    Gunmech04 Member Posts: 77

@Justicar said:
    I think something needs to be changed. Instead of forcing lobby dodging, I'd rather some means of simply opting out of SWF for the killer be provided, so killers who want to avoid that nonsense can do so easily.

If they implement something like that for Killers then the Survivors need to be given an option not to play against certain Killers.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Hugodzilla swf according to dev's was always intended. It builds the player base. If you can't handle swf maybe this game isn't for you. SWF unless they are a swat squad are easier to play against they do everything in their power not to let a friend die just don't hard camp. Stay in the general area someone is coming.

• Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

@Gunmech04 said:

@Justicar said:

If they implement something like that for Killers then the Survivors need to be given an option not to play against certain Killers.

I'd be perfectly fine with that, as long as it was restricted to one or two killers.

• ToppingPanic
    ToppingPanic Member Posts: 77

Stop whining and run BBQ, Ruin and NOED like every other toxic killer. You'll get at least 2 survs every game guaranteed!

• m0rkTFH

SWF was always intended they say? I dont believe it, they just could lie about (survivor mains always cried they couldnt play with their friends).

Anyway, it is simply unbalanced and broken. You can get IN-game advantages with OFF-game devices like team speak and similar crap...which is too much advantage. SWF needs to be fixed, there is no other opinion about.

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

SWF was intended later on after the game was already released for purchase. However, voice comm abuse was not. SWF doesn't break the game, the voice comm that they use outside of the game is what the problem is. Then you have the sandbagging SWF that abuse solo players. Never bring good items if you're playing with a SWF and you're not part of their squad lol. You will die and they will take it.

Both killers and solo survivors should get some sort of BP boost. It's proven time and time again, solo play with or killer against a SWF has a tremendously(see what i did there?) increased chance of toxic gameplay.