Hex/Boon perk descriptions inaccurate/incomplete

DaddyFatSacks420
DaddyFatSacks420 Member Posts: 183
edited October 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

What I know: 

Boon perk descriptions are accurate in that they say survivors can bless dull or hex totems. It says nothing about being able to bless a boon totem so obviously you can’t, and this is correct. Survivors are unable to bless a boon totem. But they should add the time it takes to bless a dull totem and a hex totem to the boon perk descriptions. There’s no indication in game that it will take much longer to bless a hex totem than it does for a dull totem.

Most hex perk descriptions are inaccurate, let me explain... 95% of hex perk descriptions end with the line “The Hex effects persist as long as the related Hex Totem is standing.” This isn’t wrong I guess but it’s confusing now because blessing a hex totem doesn’t knock it down. So even hex perks that have nothing to do with other totems have this issue that should probably be updated to something along the lines of “The Hex effects persist unless the related Hex Totem is cleansed or blessed by a survivor.” so besides this...

Hex Haunted ground is not accurate in it’s description, it says “When either one of the two trapped Hex Totems is cleansed by a survivor” it activates. Yet it also activates when either of the two trapped totems is blessed.

Hex Thrill of the Hunt has an accurate description, it says “Survivors’ cleansing and blessing speed is reduced”

What I’m pretty sure of: 

Hex Thrill of the Hunt seems to be the only hex perk that had its description updated so far, I’d bet this will all be addressed eventually.

Hex Retribution seems to have an accurate description if it also activates when a survivor blesses, it says “Any Survivor interacting with a Dull Totem or a Hex Totem” so this would seem to include both cleansing and blessing. It goes on “If any Hex Totem is removed”, so this would also seem to include both. It’s just confusing, “If any Hex Totem is cleansed or blessed by a survivor” would be better.

Hex Undying also probably needs it’s description to be updated, it says “When another Hex Totem is cleansed, that Totem’s Hex...” If it also transfers a hex totem when it has been blessed then it ought to include “or blessed”. But the first part of Undying’s description leads me to...

What I’m not sure of: 

Hex Undying also has in it’s description if it’s “active, Survivors within (3 meters) of any Dull Totem have their aura revealed.” So does this only occur with dull totems and not boon totems? I would assume so since boon shadow step hides survivor auras from the killer anyway. But what if this isn’t the case, could hex Undying being active show a survivor’s aura to the killer when they get close to a shadow step boon totem? (I would highly doubt it) It’s confusing especially when there’s no indication what if anything takes priority.

Hex No One Escapes Death says in it’s description “Once the exit gates are powered, if there is a Dull Totem remaining on the map, this Hex is applied”. So is this really not gonna be applied to a boon totem if there’s any but no dull totems? Seems ridiculous for a killer to have to know where a boon totem is, and then be able to snuff it out moments before the exit gates are powered. When any survivor paying attention could notice which boon totem disappeared (if it switched to a NOED hex totem) and go cleanse it. Seems more reasonable if NOED works on both dull and boon totems, and makes survivors choose whether to leave any totems standing (see how this only implies cleansing). But I honestly don’t know how it exactly works and this confusion in the hex perk descriptions can lead to frustrating situations when you have to just experiment to see how things actually work, and they end up working out worse than expected.

Post edited by DaddyFatSacks420 on

Comments

• Nayru
    Nayru Member Posts: 567

don't they??

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,159

I could swear TotH made blessing totems hella slow.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

They do

• DaddyFatSacks420

This kinda makes my point; there’s no in game indication that hex perks work the same on boon totems as they do on dull totems. It should probably be made clear in perk descriptions to avoid this confusion.

Another thought that might already be the case but I have no idea is: can hex perks like no one escapes death change a boon totem to a hex totem?

I also already stated this in a different post but it all relates: they should add the time it takes to bless a dull totem and a hex totem to the boon perk descriptions. If you hadn’t watched the most recent Q n A stream there’s no indication in game that it will take much longer to bless a hex totem than it does for a dull totem

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

But ToTh already states that?

So, just by logic, if a perk doesn't state it works on boon totems or blessing, then it doesn't.

• DaddyFatSacks420

What I know:

Boon perk descriptions are accurate in that they say survivors can bless dull or hex totems. It says nothing about being able to bless a boon totem so obviously you can’t, and this is correct. Survivors are unable to bless a boon totem.

Most hex perk descriptions are inaccurate, let me explain... 95% of hex perk descriptions end with the line “The Hex effects persist as long as the related Hex Totem is standing.” This isn’t wrong I guess but it’s confusing now because blessing a hex totem doesn’t knock it down. So even hex perks that have nothing to do with other totems have this issue that should probably be updated to something along the lines of “The Hex effects persist unless the related Hex Totem is cleansed or blessed by a survivor.” so besides this...

Hex Thrill of the Hunt has an accurate description, it says “Survivors’ cleansing and blessing speed is reduced”

Hex Haunted ground is not accurate in it’s description, it says “When either one of the two trapped Hex Totems is cleansed by a survivor” it activates. Yet it also activates when either of the two trapped totems is blessed.

What I’m pretty sure of:

Hex Thrill of the Hunt seems to be the only hex perk that had its description updated so far, I’d bet this will all be addressed eventually.

Hex Retribution seems to have an accurate description if it also activates when a survivor blesses, it says “Any Survivor interacting with a Dull Totem or a Hex Totem” so this would seem to include both cleansing and blessing. It goes on “If any Hex Totem is removed”, so this would also seem to include both. It’s just confusing, “If any Hex Totem is cleansed or blessed by a survivor” would be better.

Hex Undying also probably needs it’s description to be updated, it says “When another Hex Totem is cleansed, that Totem’s Hex...” If it also transfers a hex totem when it has been blessed then it ought to include “or blessed”. But the first part of Undying’s description leads me to...

What I’m not sure of:

Hex Undying also has in it’s description if it’s “active, Survivors within (3 meters) of any Dull Totem have their aura revealed.” So does this only occur with dull totems and not boon totems? I would assume so since boon shadow step hides survivor auras from the killer anyway. But what if this isn’t the case, could hex Undying being active show a survivor’s aura to the killer when they get close to a shadow step boon totem? (I would highly doubt it) It’s confusing especially when there’s no indication what if anything takes priority.

Hex No One Escapes Death says in it’s description “Once the exit gates are powered, if there is a Dull Totem remaining on the map, this Hex is applied”. So is this really not gonna be applied to a boon totem if there’s any but no dull totems? Seems ridiculous for a killer to have to know where a boon totem is, and then be able to snuff it out moments before the exit gates are powered. When any survivor paying attention could notice which boon totem disappeared (if it switched to a NOED hex totem) and go cleanse it. Seems more reasonable if NOED works on both dull and boon totems, and makes survivors choose whether to leave any totems standing (see how this implies cleansing). But I honestly don’t know how it exactly works and this confusion in the hex perk descriptions can lead to frustrating situations when you have to just experiment to see how things actually work, and they end up working out worse than expected.

• CrimsonMothKing
    CrimsonMothKing Member Posts: 416

Rip Thrill of the Hunt