The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Infinite Loading Screens

Comments

• Unironicalygoth
    Unironicalygoth Member Posts: 175

So to be honest since the patch came out I've been having the infinite loading screen much more frequently then before it starts by invite I spawn in my friends lobby their cross playing on switch and xbox then we find a lobby everything's fine then I'm hit with the infinite loading and everyone else gets disconnected back to the lobby but I'm just like there in the loading screen forever

• Ethromel
    Ethromel Member Posts: 175

It happened to me three times so far while I was trying to play as a killer. I just had survivors go invisible on me, and then they got duplicated. this game is going in the wrong direction. Somebody really needs to take accountability for this debacle. I'll post the video soon. it's ridiculous.

• saintop
    saintop Member Posts: 1

Hello! PS4 user here!

Was playing with my friends, cross platform , since they are on PC and I'm a console player.

I was going to play as the new survivor to do one of the challenges of the Halloween event, when SUDENLY we entered a really long loading screen that ended ( not sure ) when two of the players disconnected , this being 1 survivor and the killer.

Not sure if it got fixed because they left, or if they left and it got fixed with time.

• IlluBlack
    IlluBlack Member Posts: 7

NEW BUG:

The issue occurred loading into a match and I was playing solo q then it was matchmaking. 

The problem is after you released this "fix" matches keep disconnecting from time to time, so while in a match the game does not close but the classic loading screen appears for some seconds and then you are out of the match in the first screen where you have to press "space" to load the game, you lose everything you did in that match but you don't get disconnected penalty. It happens a lot, and it sucks, the worst thing is that it does not save what you did in the match, so you LOSE your time, your add-ons, your offering, challenges, and everything lost for NOTHING, come on dead by daylight, at least save what you did in the match and give the reward with that, don't make me lose 20 minutes of my life for nothing.

(my cross platform option is as default)

• BillXYZ
    BillXYZ Member Posts: 3

It's been two days now I can't even get a match as killer. I'm on PS4 and have tried with both crossplay on and off, can never get a match as kileer but if I play survivor it only takes a few minutes

• IceTea
    IceTea Member Posts: 4

The infinite loading screens are back! There was a break yesterday from them but they’ve started up again, been dced every few matches in loading screens then kick.

PC, cross platform enabled, playing with 1 other premade

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

I've had infinite loading screens 2 out of 4 games so far this evening. It seemed better yesterday with only one infinite loading screen out of around 5 games, but it's back in full force today.

PC - Steam, Crossplay ON, solo today but duo yesterday

• MainPlayer
    MainPlayer Member Posts: 1

I can't have 2 games in a roll without the infinite loading screen with killer plus in one game I lost connection to the host in the middle on the match

• PAN_tastic07
    PAN_tastic07 Member Posts: 7

IIt popped up while Playing killer in a random match

• Biglittleorme
    Biglittleorme Member Posts: 1

I use steam. Matchmaking too ages at 1am ish BST I loaded into a lobby as Killer (The Doctor) the lobby had 3 pc survs and 1 console survs. The PC survs disconnected one by one and then 3 more console survs loaded in. After offerings were burnt (2 pumpkin seeds and 1 secret surv offering) I was stuck it loading.

• unclefood87
    unclefood87 Member Posts: 50

Bruh, how is this still happening? It’s like BHVR doesn’t know how to fix anything.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

I’m sure they’re trying their best. Dosen't seem easy to fix as we don’t know what exactly is causing it.

• DrCrow
    DrCrow Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2021

Ps4 Cross enabled. Psn Projectenvoy

It happens about 70% of my attempts to get into the actual trial on both killer and survivor. They have ranged from 10-20 minutes occasionally a survivor or the killer will dc (likely to get out of the glitch) sending me to the score screen with the DC notice but then I'm locked there unable to continue without closing application. I've been practically unable to enjoy any games since the new chapter started

Main survivor Francis

Main killer Trapper

• spaceyrogue
    spaceyrogue Member Posts: 1

I was doing SWF with 2 other survivors, crossplay on. We played 1 game, then the next 3 had that very long loading time and there were dcs, and then we finally got another game.

• Omenzazu
    Omenzazu Member Posts: 2

>New character comes out

>can't play her and when you do manage she has her skills suspended

>infinite loading

Sure am glad I moved to pc from consoles....

• Zerunez
    Zerunez Member Posts: 5

Been happening the past few days.

Character: Survivor/Jake

Problem: Infinite Loading Screen

It's been happening quite a few times.

Crossplay: On

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

Switch/Survivor (soloq), Mikaela (WGLF, DS, Lithe, BT) Yellow tool kit with add ons.

Crossplay On

Coldwind Farm

Killer was Ghostface. I did see one survivor had Boon: Shadow Step equiped. Rest of perks were standard

• RydiaOM
    RydiaOM Member Posts: 1

It just happened to me right now. I am playing on PC, with Steam. I had a game before where the killer disconnected (maybe they lost connection, I don't know). Then, looked for another game in solo queue. I found the game and I was put in a very long / infinite load screen, unusually long, more than when one player disconnects during the loading screen.

I had to shut down the game with the task manager. I had crossplay enabled. And also I had been playing for hours with/against PC players and console players, with no problem.

• Youko
    Youko Member Posts: 187

Problems are continuing for me today as well. Managed 2 sessions as Legion, now I tried to load in as the Doctor and 2/2 I'm in infinite loading.

Guys, I give up. I've spent more time trying to load in the last 3 days than I have actually playing. You have to hire a bigger debug team. This whole thing of relying on the community to test everything and run bug reports like we're free labor is ridiculous.

I'm done. I'm out.

• JAGØ
    JAGØ Member Posts: 12
    edited October 2021

Greetings!

I'm on PS4 (killer) puplic matchmaking, cross-platform enabled. Ever since the new big oktober patch, I get the infinite loading screen. After like 10 -15 minutes the match is canceled. I usually get it 3 times out of 10 matches (ish). Also I have huge lag issues now too, wich wasn't the case before (except those lag spikes caused by survivors doing generators, chests, DH, etc.). I think the oktober patch is causing it. Survivors are literally teleporting after I hit them with a basic attack. I hope you guys can fix this, because it's getting unbearable on console now.

-J.

Post edited by JAGØ on
  • GlitchyCanada
    GlitchyCanada Member Posts: 2

Just happened again twice back to back. Second time killer disconnected at about 30-40 secs remaining and we got a new one in the lobby. First time I didn’t notice if someone left during the countdown but it’s possible.

both times swf we had 3 pc and got a 4th with cross play on.

• Zuul
    Zuul Member Posts: 2

I haven't been able to get in as killer. I've tried multiple killers, boards and offerings. Can't get into a match.

• Der_Pumuckl
    Der_Pumuckl Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2021

Playing custom matches with my family. All on PS4, had no problems in the past but the last hour we have had numerous matches that have had infinite loading screens and no matches.

• Zuul
    Zuul Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2021

I can't get into a match as trapper on switch. Tried different perks and add ons, and multiple accounts. Trapper stuck in infinite loading screen. Lost several sacrificial cakes and iridescent add ons trying.

I've now tried Plague, Hag and Wraith. I didn't make it into any matches. I tried cross play on and off. I've wasted so much time waiting and experimenting just to try and play the game. Send me an email when this is all fixed. I don't have time for this.

With cross play off I got into one match which disconnected 15 second in.

All of my matches were solo matchmaking, no groups. Always got stuck loading into the match not the lobby.

Post edited by Zuul on
  • Platform: PS4

Cross play: ON

The loading screen happens only when I play Killer and it starts when it's loading into the match. It goes like normal then I'm stuck on a full loaded bar for extended periods of time til it finally disconnects the match.

There's also another issue this brought by which is very poor connectivity while in a match as survivor to where people including myself get stuck on hooks but others are fine they eventually catch up to where they actually are meanwhile Im stuck and unable to move after being unhooked resulting in the killer just knocking me back down (still in standing or hanging animation BTW) and getting rehooked.

The game is literally unplayable rn please get this done as soon as y'all can. 🥺

• Der_Pumuckl
    Der_Pumuckl Member Posts: 2

Also ran into this problem while playing custom matches

• fantomfox08
    fantomfox08 Member Posts: 1

I play on console and legit cannot enter a match as killer as i get the infinite loading glitch and am forced to close the application to even get back to the main menu

• JohnMustata
    JohnMustata Member Posts: 1

I’ve been having this issue ever since the update dropped. Whether there’s a Mikaela in the lobby or not, seems like 90% of the time the offerings get burnt and the loading screen never ends. I have to restart every time. I’m on Xbox One and play killer with crossplay on. This only happens when playing killer. Survivor games always load in perfectly fine

• Jozamos
    Jozamos Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2021

Platform: PS4. I'm still having the infinite loading since the update has been out. sometimes I am able to get into matches but for the most part it is just infinite. I have waited out the loading screens a couple of times and it just brings me to the match scoreboard because players have disconnected during loading because of the infinite loading. Not only this but in game there are a lot of new bugs. Like: it showing as a survivor is there but in reality they aren't ( you can hit them and it'll do the scream and animation and everything just nothing happens, then seconds later they disappear because they weren't really there. this usually takes a while before they disappear too so it just completely stops your momentum as killer), also this can have like a smaller variation where I like hit a survivor and they keep running like into a wall then it'll stutter and show where they actually are. kinda like running in place. This might be just with nemesis m2 since i only remember this happening when i m2 as nemy but it also might not be so idk. I'm pretty sure all this is because i have an old ps4 but i still wanna play the game you know

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

Just happened again. I also got "grade progress error" for this game.

• Junylar
  • MeneLaw
    MeneLaw Member Posts: 341

STEAM

Playing both killer and survivor

it happen like 40% of all matches when loading into match .Cross-Platform on.

• Junylar

Again. The killer on console, the survivors are cool.

• dweetboi
    dweetboi Member Posts: 56

This happend to me on the xbox one s, I was spirit and I had crossplay enabled. and I was running dragons grip, oppresion, deerstalker and save the best for last.

It was a public match.

• UglyBunt
    UglyBunt Member Posts: 4

Starting to think it's console killer related judging by most of these posts and the fact that I get infinite loading screens when playing killer with crossplay both on and off on Xbox.

• Frys_Dog
    Frys_Dog Member Posts: 92

Infinite loading screen here (12 minutes), not any problem in the lobby, but when the match was starting. I was playing solo with Jake Park, Cross Platform on and with at least one Console/Stadia player on the match (don't know about the killer, but one survivor with Mikaela i think was console). I don't know if i can provide any more useful information, but there was 2 medkits and a flashlight (yellow one with Broken Bulb and Focus Lens), the other survivors where Bill, russian player by the cyrilic letters in his name, and the last one was a Meg if i remember correctly. The items were the flashy on the Meg, and the medkits on Bill (All Hallows' Eve Lunchbox no addons) and myself. I was using bandages and Butterfly Tape as Addons. (12 minutes later the match ended while i was writing this, so here is the rest)

Killer, also console, Cenobite, with Blight Serum and Wriggling Maggots, offerings, Cursed seed on the killer and Fresh Primose Blossom on miself.

I don't know if some of this can be useful information, but just in case, there it is.

Ty very much and much love!

• ImGhostface
    ImGhostface Member Posts: 3

Stuck in loading screen.

5th times it happened.

Playing on PC with Crossplay enabled.

Fix this ######### pls.

• Miss_amethyst
    Miss_amethyst Member Posts: 3

7 out of 10 killer games this happens.

5 out of 10 survivor games.

PS4 cross play enabled.

Still consumes offerings too.

Also all my characters cosmetics and perks set to default after update.

• AnWar
    AnWar Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2021

In 5 years never have u release a stable ,patch even indie games are better handled u incompetent #########

• UVFrost
    UVFrost Member Posts: 1

Playing on the Steam platform.

Loading into a match, cross play active.

Was in a lobby with a Steam friend and they got the same infinite loading screen at the same times as I did.

I attempted to play about 5-6 games today and half of them were infinite loading screens.

• yaseen_157
    yaseen_157 Member Posts: 3

I have had this issue several times today alone. I played as Meg Thomas, both solo queue and as SWF. In these two instances, I was forced to use task manager to quit the game (as were my friends in that case) - and the first quit in each scenario was followed by a second infinite loading screen, requiring another quit. In the SWF case we gave up and stopped playing, and in the solo case when I tried for a 3rd time, MM refused to connect me to a lobby and would unready me. It was only quitting the game for a 3rd time that resolved this.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

Xbox, Crossplay is enabled.

I play either Killer or Survivor (solo or in group)

It happens when loading into a match whether it be Kill your friends (Customs) or Public Matches, it loads for like 15 to 20 to 35mins per match.

Plus when you close the game it unselects the challenge you previously selected when you booted it up prior of closing the game.

Usually happens more frequently with the New Survivor is in a lobby, but also happens alot when the new survivor isnt even in the lobby.

• MidgardienLoki
    MidgardienLoki Member Posts: 2

Playing on ps4

Infinite loading screen appears when going into a match, usually when I'm in a party.

• XxkuroxshiroxX
    XxkuroxshiroxX Member Posts: 76

I'm on Xbox one s and I often have an infinite loading screen when I try to load into a match whilst playing killer.

I have crossplay enabled.

• BillXYZ
    BillXYZ Member Posts: 3

I'm on PS4 and everytime I go against Freddy it disconnects everyone halfway through the round, crossplay was on. This happens consistently

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,199

Just had three back-to-back infinite loading screens when loading into a survivor game on PS5.

Each time I was Chris Redfield with a Ranger Medkit and a Cursed Seed, and each time my medkit and seed were destroyed.

So not playing the game anymore until this is fixed.

• emkaann
    emkaann Member Posts: 1

Playing on pc through steam. First match of the day after downloading the patch to potentially fix infinite loading screens. Public match. Crossplay turned on. Public match, solo queue for me, lobby had two pc survivors two console survivors. Got stuck loading into the match. Killer dc'd after 10 minutes of being stuck in the loading screen and looks like they were also a pc player.

• JexxTron
    JexxTron Member Posts: 228

I use Nintendo so always playing PC . My friend Bluenose can no longer play with me as he ( I think its a he) doesnt show up in the lobby. I find that if I use a halloween lunchbox, the game load is infinite and crashes. So I stopped using that stuff and it works better unless some one else uses it. I have played with 3 witches and seen infinite load. Seems like the more modified maps crash more often.

• JexxTron
    JexxTron Member Posts: 228

This problem happens for me in solo play. My friends no longer want a cross platform nintendo person anymore. They just refuse my invites now. (or maybe they are tired of me blowing generators. But they are all boys and they are all dogs)

• LouGaroo
    LouGaroo Member Posts: 7

P.S.: - crossplay was "on"

...and, yes, not only incenses are burned, but also as Killer all roundwise add-ons are lost.

This discussion has been closed.