The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Flashlight when animations are playing

I love the idea of the flashlight. I love the fact it can be used for saves and the fact that as a killer, you have to learn how to counter it. What I don't like is when it is able to be used when there is no way of countering it, such as when you break pallets. You already have a way to slow the killer when the animation kicks in to break the pallet, it is more so when you have had the stun, but if a flash light is used then, you have 100% no chance of countering it. This makes the stun, pallet break and blindness a three part attack with no way of countering in apart from staying away from pallets.

So please make it so the flashlight does not blind during animations, or make it so that we can move the viewing angle during the animation.

Comments

• Cysbe
    Cysbe Member Posts: 7

Dude, this would render flashlights utterly useless. The whole point of them is to use them while the killer is stuck in some sort of animation. It's already so difficult to get flashlight saves vs. killers (especially experienced ones). They can simply look at walls or quickly turn to face a different direction while picking a survivor up. It takes slightly more than a full second to blind a killer, so trying to blind them while they're not stuck in any kind of animation doesn't work. The whole point of them not being counter-able while you're stuck in an animation is to buy the survivor a couple more seconds to gain distance. If they're injured and not running iron will, then you can simply use you ears and follow them after breaking the pallet mid-blind. Even if they aren't injured, you should still be able to hear their footsteps.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

^

Any killer with some sort of sense, would just look away when you're shining a flashlight at them.