Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Getting hit and chased when the killer is nowhere around

I play on PlayStation 4.

At first I thought maybe it was just me but it has happened multiple times and I have seen other people on social media talk about it. It just started happening today for me. These matches all happened today and close to each other. After the last one, I had enough of the game today. My ping and internet was working just fine.

First match: I was playing as Cheryl on auto haven. The killer was blight. I was on the other side of the map and when he was chasing someone else, as soon as the survivor went down something hit me (like the killer hit me as well) I ran up to my downed teammate to help, then I went down by some invisible hit. I didn’t even see the killer. He picked me up then it looked like I was spectating him. When the screen went back to me, someone was getting me off hook and I was frozen. After about a minute I was able to move again and the game continued.

Second Time:

I was playing Cheryl on mount Ormond. The killer was Trickster. While he was chasing me I went in near a role of lockers and couldn’t move. He hit me and downed me all because I was frozen but on my screen it looked like he didn’t touch me.

Third Time:

I was playing Cheryl on dead dog saloon.

the killer was the Huntress.

she was chasing me and on my screen she went across the map, like she stopped chasing. However I still heard chase music, a few seconds later I was hit and downed by a invisible force. The huntress came to me out of nowhere it seemed and hooked me. My friend said when I was on the ground it looked like I was moving Really fast.

4 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Eve13
    Eve13 Member Posts: 375

I had the reverse: 

Was on McMillan as a trickster. At the end of the round I chased a Cheryl around the main building. I caught her in one of the surrounding pallets. When I picked her up, I was suddenly standing at the top of the building with her on my shoulder. 

Also play on the PS 4.

• Death_Strike_Gaming
    Death_Strike_Gaming Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2021

Possibly a peer to peer latency issue, where killer shows action on their screen and you see something else on yours. The server is correcting for latency where each of you were when the action took place. If your having high ping theres a possibility that your packets are being transmitted late. This is the cause for a lot of glitches you see when you down someone and they teleport slightly forward or to the side from where they actually went down on your screen after its updating the location based on the other players given position and merging the data however your seem to be more extreme. its best to provide the log files if you can for the games when these happen to make sure this is the case rather than code.

if your running and suddenly get hit but no ones around your ps4 is showing the movement but the information isn't getting to the server, so the killer may just see you standing there a few seconds or minutes behind. The killer hits you and their system sends the information that you were hit but the server hasn't received your updated location so registers it as hit and then when it finally gets your location it applies it to you. Hope this helps.