The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

When is the new update coming to console.

Comments

• jessie_12
    jessie_12 Member Posts: 46
    Amanda55 said:

Welp the ps4 store updated and like i thought absolutely nothing.

Are you really surprised though?
  • Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

I went to the Updates section on the Xbox and had 1 update pending!
    ...but it was for an App.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824

@Might_Oakk said:
    I wonder how many people in this thread hating on BHVR will throw money at them as soon as the dlc releases? Probably most. As a consumer speak with your wallet it's truly the only thing business understands.

My plan originally was to buy a $50 or $100 Microsoft spacebux card and go crazy with the DLC and cosmetics but now I’m just gonna spend the $7 on the chapter and ######### the rest. I can grind for the two cosmetics I actually care about having. You snooze you lose, I bought Horizon 3 in the E3 sale instead.

• TheChanelOberlin
    TheChanelOberlin Member Posts: 80
    I had nearly £40 saved however I decided to extend my Game Pass, buy Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Digital Deluxe and some ESO Plus. I now have £8 left for the chapter and that’s all they’ll be seeing from me once the update drops :) 
    means shaft us console players we’ll shaft you right back, right where it hurts.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    me neither, amanda but i always got a mouthful of gripes.  just how i roll.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    I find it amusing how DbD has content updates that somehow take longer than the 10 day certification process and these developers fail to deliver on their simultaneous release promise yet a game with a much lower budget and playerbase and a less experienced team aka F13 The Game nailed every single one of its patches in a timely manner and everyone received it at the same time.
    in a way BHVR you’re worse devs than F13’s. They didn’t willingly [BAD WORD] their console users and in the process cause huge queue times because console players are fed the [BAD WORD] up.
    its taking me ten minutes to find a match atm, you’re arseholes. [BAD WORD] your game, I’m buying ESO Plus with the £30 I saved for the chapter and cells. 

let's get real here.  f13 is a mess.  lifetime bans for finding glitches.  screw that game.  these people are light years ahead of gun media.
  • deadbydaylightfan
    deadbydaylightfan Member Posts: 262
    I actually surprised a riot hasn’t broke out yet 😂 or that not queen or someone hasn’t responded except for it going through cert which is a crock and they know it if it failed you say so if you didn’t send it in when you say you did say so don’t sugarcoat it or people will get restless 
  • deadbydaylightfan
    deadbydaylightfan Member Posts: 262
    Amanda55 said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:
    I actually surprised a riot hasn’t broke out yet 😂 or that not queen or someone hasn’t responded except for it going through cert which is a crock and they know it if it failed you say so if you didn’t send it in when you say you did say so don’t sugarcoat it or people will get restless 

I predict a riot will probably explode starting with dev hate posts followed by people saying they are done with dbd. Personally i just want that fortune teller claudette skin lol. They probably should start running damage control to ward off angry console players asap before things get unpleasant.

Yeah right now I just want a few cosmetics hopefully it’s this week 😰
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

For me personally. I'm cool about this to this point.

It's been a full week. I know it is out of their hands, but a week is a week.

I'm ready to get the DLC.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

An update that involves marketplace with RMT is going to need a lot of scrutiny from both systems before they let it pass: they don't get lazy when money is involved, and Sony or Microsoft don't want any problems. Patch-wise it's always been like this for consoles; remember when new heroes get released on Overwatch? PC gets it first, then consoles often a great deal later. Be patient and start saving up items for combating the new killer/survivor.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    edited June 2018
    Coriander said:

An update that involves marketplace with RMT is going to need a lot of scrutiny from both systems before they let it pass: they don't get lazy when money is involved, and Sony or Microsoft don't want any problems. Patch-wise it's always been like this for consoles; remember when new heroes get released on Overwatch? PC gets it first, then consoles often a great deal later. Be patient and start saving up items for combating the new killer/survivor.

Overwatch does simultaneous releases now the only thing pc gets is the ptr. They do console cert while the ptr is up so everything is released at the same time
    Post edited by ThePloopz on
  • Well_Placed_HexTotem

@ThePloopz said:
    Coriander said:

Overwatch does simultaneous releases now the only thing pc gets is the ptr. They do console cert while the ptr is up so everything is released at the same tim

Wow, what a logical way to do things. Also, that guy is wrong. Other games that added in game stores have had a cert time of the max 10 days or even less. This idea that adding cosmetics or “the size” of the update is leading to increased certification time is just deflecting.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited June 2018

@TheChanelOberlin said:
    I had nearly £40 saved however I decided to extend my Game Pass, buy Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Digital Deluxe and some ESO Plus. I now have £8 left for the chapter and that’s all they’ll be seeing from me once the update drops :) 
    means shaft us console players we’ll shaft you right back, right where it hurts.

So because you can't control your spending habits, BHVR is to blame? LMFAO

@ThePloopz said:
    Oh this is very true. I definitely would’ve impulsed purchased but now I’m not hyped about it anymore so I’m not gonna buy anything.

Game Dev doesn't release content that I can impulse purchase = madface
    Game Dev release cosmetic microtransactions designed to induce impulse purchases = madface
    Logic is solid.

• ThePloopz
    edited June 2018

@TheChanelOberlin said:

Your comment doesn’t make any sense at all in relation to what he said 
  • TheChanelOberlin
    TheChanelOberlin Member Posts: 80

@TheChanelOberlin said:

@ThePloopz said:
    Oh this is very true. I definitely would’ve impulsed purchased but now I’m not hyped about it anymore so I’m not gonna buy anything.

Game Dev doesn't release content that I can impulse purchase = madface
    Game Dev release cosmetic microtransactions designed to induce impulse purchases = madface
    Logic is solid.

I spent the money because I wasn’t willing to spend it on Auric Cells? I hardly have problem ‘controlling my spending habits’ I decided to spend my money elsewhere rather than giving it to a developer that doesn’t actually deserve it.
    i recently did the same thing with F13 The Game where I refunded almost £50 in purchases due to the state of that game, I’m not giving money away to developers that have done nothing to earn it?
  • Well_Placed_HexTotem

6 hours ago on Twitter:

“We hope to be announcing more info soon”

So whatever the ######### that means. I love this new more open communication with the community.

• BOSS242
    BOSS242 Member Posts: 171

the hype is already dead who cares.

And that's a huge misstep as far as marketing goes!

I think that's the worst part. We dont even have it and it's already old news. Remember we also sat through the PTB too. I had planned to buy everything I could possibly afford but now that I've seen tons of YouTube and other internet outlets show off all the goods the less I care and the longer this goes on the less I care. 

In hindsight they should have not showed off all the new in the PTB that was nice of them to do but a big marketing mistake!! And I know people won't want to hear and I'm glad for the PC folks they didn't BUT they should have held it and released on all three at the sametime!! It would have been a huge boom for them financially and anyone who thinks it will all balance in the end, is wrong and underestimated how much more people will spend to be one the first to own something and get to show it off.

• Damaho
    Damaho Member Posts: 44

Given the track record of the devs screwing things up, especially around bugs (unhook lag, multiple sound bugs, etc.) I wouldn't be surprised if they

a.) send in an old patch and didn't notice it for days
    b.) made several completely obvious bugs that would break PSN/XBL, thus having to resend multiple patches
    c.) completely forgot to even send in a patch which they only noticed several days later

This whole situation would be more forgivable if this was the first patch they release on console. But it is not. They know the drill, so they could have planned ahead and found a solution that made everyone happy but the way it is now, they simply pissed off a lot of their customers with their incompetence and destroyed the trust many had in their roadmap.

At this point, I'm not even mad anymore. We all were foolish for thinking that Behaviour would be able to keep their promise of "almost simultaneous" release of patches. We should have expected for them to fail, for they are Behaviour and are bound to make the most obvious mistakes. They should be glad that their game is niche enough that there are not many more competent developers competeing with them, while simulteneous being broad enough to gather a rather big fan base.

• bambusratte_xD
    bambusratte_xD Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2018

@Damaho said:
    Given the track record of the devs screwing things up, especially around bugs (unhook lag, multiple sound bugs, etc.) I wouldn't be surprised if they

b.) made several completely obvious bugs that would break PSN/XBL, thus having to resend multiple patches
    c.) completely forgot to even send in a patch which they only noticed several days later

This whole situation would be more forgivable if this was the first patch they release on console. But it is not. They know the drill, so they could have planned ahead and found a solution that made everyone happy but the way it is now, they simply pissed off a lot of their customers with their incompetence and destroyed the trust many had in their roadmap.

At this point, I'm not even mad anymore. We all were foolish for thinking that Behaviour would be able to keep their promise of "almost simultaneous" release of patches. We should have expected for them to fail, for they are Behaviour and are bound to make the most obvious mistakes. They should be glad that their game is niche enough that there are not many more competent developers competeing with them, while simulteneous being broad enough to gather a rather big fan base.

Man you guys are so toxic, thats incredible. Do you really think a Software/Game-Developer is that dumb?
    not_Queen already said that the certification process could be longer because of the new store and the payment data Sony/MS "owns" so they have an interessest to Test/Certificate that. That needs time, Companies are working slow.

For me BHVR had 3 options:
    1) send Update to Sony/MS before PTB on PC Starts, to release simultaniously. You guys problably would go cracy because the bugs found in PTB would be in Console-Version for 1-2 Weeks
    2) hold PC update back untill Consoles are ready. Oh god you guys totally go crazy
    3) Do it like they did.

So for me, they just did one thing some of you hate them for, but they never could do it good for all.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem

@Damaho said:

Man you guys are so toxic, thats incredible. Do you really think a Software/Game-Developer is that dumb?
    not_Queen already said that the certification process could be longer because of the new store and the payment data Sony/MS "owns" so they have an interessest to Test/Certificate that. That needs time, Companies are working slow.

1) send Update to Sony/MS before PTB on PC Starts, to release simultaniously. You guys problably would go cracy because the bugs found in PTB would be in Console-Version for 1-2 Weeks
    2) hold PC update back untill Consoles are ready. Oh god you guys totally go crazy
    3) Do it like they did.

So for me, they just did one thing some of you hate them for, but they never could do it good for all.

Other games have added stores requiring payments and they didn’t take weeks to pass certification. 

Also as for what they could do, they can work harder to make sure their patches are better and yeah, push the consoles cert out when they do the PTB. If they find any crucial bugs they can always fix it and restart the certification process. And communicate with their community in that event. 

Lets be honest if the unhook lag from 2017 and massive disconnect issue that Xbone faced early this year can both make it through BHVRs QC process, would it really matter if console certs got pushed through early? If they find nothing substantial, great. Everyone gets the updates close together. If they messed the patch up, ok... fix it and try again. Console players have to wait awhile either way and PC is unaffected.

But communication is key. We’re already past the 10 day cert time. Has it failed? Have they made changes and restarted? Other devs making much bigger games with a similar team size can somehow keep their communities up to date about what step the patch is in, when it should arrive, and what if anything goes wrong. Why can’t BHVR? All we get is “soon”, “weeks”, “we’ll let you know”.
  • Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415

@bambusratte_xD said:

@Damaho said:

**not_Queen already said that the certification process could be longer because of the new store **and the payment data Sony/MS "owns" so they have an interessest to Test/Certificate that. That needs time, Companies are working slow.

3) Do it like they did.

How long have you been playing DBD on console? I think a lot of people here that you are calling ''Toxic'' have been around since launch and have put up with constant ######### like this. So yeah people are getting to the end of their rope.

Were you around when the game had a bug for well over a month that caused you to warp around the map after getting unhooked? While people kept asking for updates nobody at BHVR would answer? So when you say not queen told you X so you should believe it or you are being toxic, you might understand why we are skeptical of this. They have lied to us time and time again, they have no credibility anymore

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606

To top it off the game is down on PS4 now, getting blue screened every time we start up the game. :)

• Wicked_Django
    Wicked_Django Member Posts: 128
    CrtKazz said:
    Was going to buy the DLC but like everyone is saying the hype is dead.. trying to be patient is hard when you see streamers have been playing for weeks with the PTB.. ugh first world probs
    Lol @ hype is dead posts. When it drops, everyone will go nurs just like Saw
  • ThePloopz
    CrtKazz said:
    Was going to buy the DLC but like everyone is saying the hype is dead.. trying to be patient is hard when you see streamers have been playing for weeks with the PTB.. ugh first world probs
    Yea because people want to be happy but the ones who are legitimately upset won’t spend money
  • Damaho
    Damaho Member Posts: 44

@bambusratte_xD said:

@Damaho said:

3) Do it like they did.

Then please tell me why they couldn't send in the PTB build when the PTB launched and then hotfix the bugs right after the dlc launched? Freddy came with the unnerfed version which was almost immediately patched out with the nerfed version on console. If they could have done it back then, they could have done it now.

• ThePloopz
    Damaho said:

@bambusratte_xD said:

@Damaho said:

3) Do it like they did.

Then please tell me why they couldn't send in the PTB build when the PTB launched and then hotfix the bugs right after the dlc launched? Freddy came with the unnerfed version which was almost immediately patched out with the nerfed version on console. If they could have done it back then, they could have done it now.

This is what other studios do to ensure simultaneous releases 
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

This thread is full of people that have absolutely 0 understand of game development.

• ThePloopz

You don't need knowledge of game development to understand how other companies get things done. BHVR is the only company I've seen in a long time that cannot get their act together with the consoles. Even Gun Media got it right. Gun Media!

And of course the flip side of this are the people who think they know much more than they actually do.

All I see most people saying is that other companies don't seem to have the same issues with consoles that BHVR does. That's it.

Gun Media’s game is in a horrible state and they’ll still managed to do it somehow. I know my comments about other studios is a fact because it came right from someone on a dev team
  • Wicked_Django
    Wicked_Django Member Posts: 128
    ThePloopz said:
    CrtKazz said:
    Yea because people want to be happy but the ones who are legitimately upset won’t spend money
    Thats what they say until they see all their friends rocking shirtless David
  • EpicFailTryHard

To top it off the game is down on PS4 now, getting blue screened every time we start up the game. :)

i have had several episodes of that as of late my bad self.  ps4, yes.  
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

There's only one answer to that thread :
    SoonTM.

• ACEvHEARTS
    ACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 403
    edited June 2018
    Amanda55 said:

I give it another week or two

Maybe one, but shouldn’t be two. MCote said last stream that the process takes about two weeks, three tops if there are issues. So my guess is by next Tuesday at the latest, depending whether they sent the patch in before the pc launch or the day of. 
  • MrsMaliciousX
    MrsMaliciousX Member Posts: 736
    Amanda55 said:

Maybe one, but shouldn’t be two. MCote said last stream that the process takes about two weeks, three tops if there are issues. So my guess is by next Tuesday at the latest, depending whether they sent the patch in before the pc launch or the day of. 
    ACEvHEARTS said: 
    Amanda55 said:

Someone said that they said they sent it in the 8-9th..I don't know tho lol
  • MrsMaliciousX
    MrsMaliciousX Member Posts: 736
    Amanda55 said:

Which cosmetics is everyone getting when the update drops?

I want some of Claudettes and some of Meg's lol.

I'm a Claudette main but Meg's got some nice ones I may switch haha

• ACEvHEARTS
    ACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 403
    Amanda55 said:

Which ones am I NOT getting? Lol. I put aside a bunch of money back when I saw streamers showcasing the store on the PTB. I’ll probably get something for everyone, but really looking forward to cosmetics for Feng and Meg. 
  • PLAVT
    PLAVT Member Posts: 79
    edited June 2018

Developers can not ask Sony and Xbox about the approximate date of certification? Why deceive your fans?
    It's time to release updates at one time on all platforms. If the certification is so long on the consoles. Let's then start from the consoles! Frost the output of the chapters with updates on the PC before you can release them simultaneously on all platforms.

• ThePloopz
    edited June 2018
    Amanda55 said:

None honestly. I don’t like really any of them
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@ThePloopz said:
    Amanda55 said:

None honestly. I don’t like really any of them

I HAVE to get bathrobe Ace. And they NEED to make Dwighty Whitey’s

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606

@Amanda55 said:

Shirtless David, Where's Dwighty, And some for Jake of course.

• Easylife
    Easylife Member Posts: 163
    edited June 2018

@BoxingRouge said:

@Amanda55 said:

Black Shirt for Claudette
    Black Jeans for Claudette

Will pair them with P3 head, finally I can ditch the P3 set and still be hard AF to see in tall grass or bushes ;)
    Really surprised they added a full set of black clothing for Claudette tbh.

Aluminium Baseball Bat for Doctor
    "Glowing Red Eyes" head for Doctor
    Red and Black Dapper Suit again for Doctor

I've waited ages to finally be able to get rid of that UGLY stick of his that has the electirc decal on it which impacts FPS too.
    I just hope the baseball bat doesn't have the electric effect on it.

All of this is available by shards too which is how I'll be getting it, buying the Curtain Call DLC because of how cheap the chapters are for DBD which is around £6 here in the UK (England).

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Damaho said:

@bambusratte_xD said:

@Damaho said:

3) Do it like they did.

Because PTB stuff is only suppored by steam (thats the reason PTB is PC only btw)
    They cant just send an unfinished patch to sony and say, hey guys check this one please, but we will change it in a week or two again, but please take a look now so that it doesnt take so long later

Cant compair with freddy patch because there was no payment stuff involved

• det0xxp
    det0xxp Member Posts: 121
    I'm all for being understanding and patient. But what is going on? It's been almost 2 weeks since they mentioned they sent in for cert. Why is this taking so long? It doesn't really make much sense at this point since God of War was shitting out updates everyday for 2 weeks. Obviously low budget vs high budget game. But come on, there is no way it's taking this long.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@PLAVT said:
    Developers can not ask Sony and Xbox about the approximate date of certification? Why deceive your fans?
    It's time to release updates at one time on all platforms. If the certification is so long on the consoles. Let's then start from the consoles! Frost the output of the chapters with updates on the PC before you can release them simultaneously on all platforms.

They did that with pig and then console players accidently were able to play the patch before the release date.
    By choosing to play on the conform platform, you have to deal with the limitations there, or do you cry that you dont get high FPS? :wink:

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Easylife said:

@BoxingRouge said:

@Amanda55 said:

Black Shirt for Claudette
    Black Jeans for Claudette

Will pair them with P3 head, finally I can ditch the P3 set and still be hard AF to see in tall grass or bushes ;)
    Really surprised they added a full set of black clothing for Claudette tbh.

Aluminium Baseball Bat for Doctor
    "Glowing Red Eyes" head for Doctor
    Red and Black Dapper Suit again for Doctor

I've waited ages to finally be able to get rid of that UGLY hard, sharp, big, ribbed instrument of punishment of his that has the electirc decal on it which impacts FPS too.
    I just hope the baseball bat doesn't have the electric effect on it.

All of this is available by shards too which is how I'll be getting it, buying the Curtain Call DLC because of how cheap the chapters are for DBD which is around £6 here in the UK (England).