Should they remove killing self on Hook?

Options
2»

Comments

• Powder_Kegs
    Powder_Kegs Member Posts: 66
    Options

That's exactly one of the reasons why it should be buffed tho. Between DC penalties and having to spend the time in a trial they were matched up for coupled with the new hatch conditions, there is a need to fix up the self unhook base chance and keep people in the game.

• venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666
    Options

So you just want it buffed for other reasons than to combat first hook suicide.

• Powder_Kegs
    Options
  • Another_LegionMain
    Another_LegionMain Member Posts: 399
    Options

They shouldn't I DC'd on my 3rd hook (midway through the animation of the Entity taking me up into the sky) and got the DC Penalty.

We need a "kill me faster" button...

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

If they want to nerf the second stage skill check miss to 3 missed to kill, that would probably be enough. To make it match stage one. Heck, you could even buff slippery meat to give extra attempts at stage 2 for those of us who are skill check impaired.

• LeonxJiwoon
    LeonxJiwoon Member Posts: 455
    Options

Nope leave it alone, when in a match with bad teamates + toxic killers, Id much rather moved on to another match and save myself some stress, besides am sure killer mains appreciate that less for them to worry on.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,775
    Options

In that case you record the match, send it in to Bhvr and get them all banned. Be totally worth it to get rid of four players like that.

• LeonxJiwoon
    LeonxJiwoon Member Posts: 455
    Options

Yup had to record two person with no mither who was letting a huntress farm off them and while me and dwight decide to do the gens and not participate in their things they literally got us both kill after we did all the gens, a report of this and those 3 was reported as banned. At times it depends on the situation of working with the killer its when you have that team mate who does NOTHING hides in the locker when its just you and them left waiting on you to die to get hatch(glad hatch nerf is here )

I had it where was me and one last survivor and 1 gen left I unhook and heal the cladio and never found her since, I decide ok let me just do a gen if am caught whatever, the killer which was a trapper found me chase me down me, I was ready to face my fate but the trapper let me go, i point to the hook telling him its ok end it, trapper says no and eventually find claudio when she tries to comes out of hiding to pick me up . After that he gave me the hatch lol.

• YuisPinkBob
    YuisPinkBob Member Posts: 353
    Options

It's fine the way it is. Yeah it's annoying when someone kills themselves on hook but usually it's for good reason.

• ObjectOfTunnels
    ObjectOfTunnels Applicant Posts: 14
    edited October 2021
    Options

To be honest, personally speaking, if I am done with a match a reason and want to kill myself on hook and you took that option away I will go afk and watch youtube so there is no point of trying to prevent people from killing themselves because they already made up their mind and anything is better than keep playing the game for another 5-10mins.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285
    Options

For the situations nobody can come to save you or the game is almost lost (at least one teammate already dead). The game isn't lost if all 4 survivors are alive.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

There’s nothing you can do if someone doesn’t want to play. Actually, things are getting worse with these type of players- they throw tantrums. I once saw a player pre-dropping all of the pallets in the match because they were mad that they were pulled off hook before the second missed skill check. Today, i had two players (assuming they were friends) try to let go on hook when both me and another random each pulled them off at almost the same time. Both of those players stood still at the hook and got crows. Me and the random were doing gens so they had no reason to let go on hook. When they got downed, I’m sure they saw our aura’s on the gen. We were on RPD so me and that 4th player managed to get the 4 1/2 gens done by ourselves, before ultimately succumbing to Trapper.

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508
    Options

Killers can't open the gates immediately, survivors shouldn't be able to exit the match early either. Unless you want to extend that to killers.

• Wraff
    Wraff Member Posts: 139
    Options

... But what if Killer's could open the gates immediately?

• Ikalx
    Ikalx Member Posts: 125
    Options

Just by the way, sometimes survivors kill themselves on the hook when they're being camped, to prevent other survivors stepping in to a no win situation and prevent a team loss. There's no way to remove hook suicides for people who want out of the game without also removing this altruistic action.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,764
    Options

They probably would never do that

They'd have to rework like what? Luck? A shitload of perks?

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

I like it as is there is no point in playing a game where almost everyone has been hooked once or more with 4-5 gens left or when people decide they want to leave me on hook till struggle for one gen early game. I'm not gonna stay for that so have fun with one less teammate if I get the suicide first and even if I don't i'm not playing i'll afk or run to the killer pretending i'm trying to loop and just get mind gamed.

• drpynz
    drpynz Member Posts: 246
    Options

They should add 3 more 60 second hook stages so survivors can escape

• VideoGameMage
    VideoGameMage Member Posts: 358
    Options

Why in the world would you want someone who's throwing the game to leave the match to be forced to stay in it? You think they're magically going to become a good, helpful teammate?

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,870
    Options

So what if there is a hacker? Should they be penalized when they want to get out ASAP because they dont like playing with a hacker? What about simply needing to go because of emergency reasons, should they just stay AFK in a locker and wait for a killer to put them on a hook? Because they cant DC without gaining a DC penalty that increases over time. What if they forgot they pressed ready and were busy with something else that needed their attention(cooking, getting ready for a night out, etc) and noticed they were put into a game?

There needs to be a way out for players. The only thing that is missing, is killers having a way out. I also think Killers should be able to open the gates and start EGC if they dont want to play the game anymore, rather than having to wait untill survivors finish all gens. Sure, some killers might use that to derank in MMR, but they can do that by standing AFK anyway. As long as survivors are awarded the necessary amount of bloodpoints similar to those that killers recieve when a survivor suicides, it would be fine.

• Labrac
    Options

If you have an emergency or there's a hacker you can just DC. The first penalty is only 5 minutes for a reason.

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718
    Options

We should be awarded bonus points if left on the hook by SELFISH teammates. ALL POINTS ACCUMULATED IN THAT PERIOD. CHASE, GENS, TOTEMS, ITEMS FOUND IN CHEST, PUMPKINS KICKED ETC. LOL, THEN WE FIND A NEW MATCH WITH ALL POINTS LOL.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

No. You can't force anyone to stay... and whether it might suck if you're playing with them, again, it's their choice. If you acuse them of being selfish then you're being selfish as well, trying to make them stay in a game that they clearly don't enjoy... And third, this is a game, not to be taken seriously, so stop the "you logged in, so you ought to play" stuff, you're not going to lose money or something if they stop playing, the worse case scenario is you losing a match in a game that doesn't matter at all.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Don't forget that Ace Visconti has luck based perks, one of them adds 3% of luck for any survivor alive in the trial.

With all the offerings (right now) and luck based perks used, a survivor has a 58% of chances to escape... if we were to change the chances said number would become 64% which is pretty high and easily explotable.

Now, to counter your point...Why do you want them to stay in-match? Just to punish them for "being selfish" because if they just go AFK, then you won't benefit from a survivor like this at all... needless to say what happens if said survivor sand bag you or sabotage your match? This is bannable but devs don't do anything about it and I am pretty sure they won't, but anyway... the frustration you'd feel it would be way bigger than letting him die.

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

So I am forced to sit and watch my teammates jerkoff in the corner doing jack #########?

Yeah no thanks, next game.

• Predated
    Options

Except, that you could have an emergency and then a hacker, then a normal game, then another hacker. Suddenly, you would have spend 25 minutes waiting due to DC's.

Then you would need to wait at least 2 full days before you can DC again without waiting longer than 5 minutes, and that is assuming you dont encounter hackers in those games.

DC isnt the solution to needing to leave the game.

• Labrac
    Options

The situation you described is extremely unrealistic. It is the exception of the exception.

• Predated
    Options
  • Labrac
    Options

I do. Most of them face one hacker, DC, wait 5 minutes, and continue their stream normally.

• Predated
    Options

So you've never seen a streamer being held hostage to the point where they couldnt play DBD? Why do you think the DC penalty was disabled for quite some time? To give streamers the ability to disconnect if they were being held hostage.

• Powder_Kegs
    Options

Yes, Ace is lucky.

I wouldn't call it a punishment. If this survivor is behaving this way, then their time in that trial is wasted, is it not? So if that person is allowed to leave and join another trial and behave exactly the same way, this proposed update would slow them down, which would cause less trials to be affected by that survivors behavior.

To counter your counter, a salty survivor that self unhooks is unlikely to sandbag anyone else, because they're already on a hook. With a self unhook, they would also pull the killers attention...meaning they'd be sandbagging themself and the rest of the survivors would benefit from their toxic behavior trying to quit.

It's more of an equalizer than a punishment; less trials are impacted by that jerk and the current trial's survivors get a few more seconds on their gens.

• M1MASTER
    M1MASTER Member Posts: 352
    Options

I will say that the system should be reworked because it has no pratical use other than letting the hatch open earlier for the last survivor remaining.

It's very illogical that you put a DC penality when survivors can just bypass that by suiciding on hook; killers have no option to do that, so why is it something reserved only for them "because they're not having fun and you can't force them to stay"?.

I have pretty much never DCed because there's really no reason to opt for it, and i find hilarious people who do so since they must be so salty that they can't wait a bit more to just suicide on hook and get out with their BP and challenge progress.

• DaWeezerd
    DaWeezerd Member Posts: 256
    Options

There is something you can do: report them. Let them get punished for not participating for the rest of the game.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Bro, people aren't even getting banned for cheating. I doubt you're going to be able to successfully prove and get someone banned for dropping pallets.

• DaWeezerd
    DaWeezerd Member Posts: 256
    Options

Well I guess this game will die then if cheaters aren't being punished.