At most only one survivor should be able to escape

Options
fogdonkey
fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
edited October 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

What would happen if only one survivor would be allowed to escape?

This change would spice up the game a bit. At the start the survivors need to cooperate to not get killed. But as we get to the end of the game they need to get more and more selfish.

What do you think? Any ideas how could this concept work?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,561
    Options

they would need to make an entirely different game. It’s actually an interesting concept, ‚final girl‘-like, and avoiding some swf issues. But.. maybe in a different game mode. I always thought just using the same but making it 2vs8 or something would be too boring snyway

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,516
    Options

So the last survivor remaining wins or whoever escapes first?

It'll definitely have to be a different game mode for sure. Probably a "death match" mode.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

Maybe a new game mode?

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

More danger and less time to teabag, Survivor is a leisurely experience.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

May this thread die quickly.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

What would happen? Killer Queue times would be infinite as nobody would ever play survivor ever again. Why would you save anyone off a hook if only one person can survive? Why would you do any generators? Why wouldn't you just be a blendette in a bush or a locker for the whole game?

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    edited October 2021
    Options

Most people already complain they don't like feeling like they going to lose no matter what they do. I don't think forcing that outcome is any better.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

Lol I'd rather play ET on Atari for a week straight.

• Komi
    Komi Member Posts: 363
    Options

Make it an offering that creates two extra exit gates, and the moment a survivor exits through one, it becomes blocked off to the rest of the survivors. This makes the most optimal decision for each survivor to go to a seperate gate, but anyone chased by the killer would either be abandoned to die, as well as body blocking to a gate futile.

Hope I didnt hijack this concept but anything that spices up the game is a high.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

So one escapes and 2 dc so the last can get the hatch? I think I'll pass...

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285
    Options

DBD Battle Royale when

• Komi
    Options

What diehard swf/players would actually endure two DC penalties for a hatch, one that wouldnt even be visible until they DC as of the latest patch? If you happen to know them personally, I hope you give him lots of hugs and tuck them into bed every night.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,935
    Options

It would just become hide and seek, or Prophunt without the fun changing into different items.

Also, there would be no reason to save a hooked survivor, because why not wait it out until the hatch? It would be better to keep hidden and take that, than risk it through 5 gens. Gens basically become pointless, as does pretty much most other parts of the game.

It doesn't feel like an idea which would hold any long-standing appeal. For it to work, the game would need complete restructuring, because in its current state, there isn't a satisfactory setup that would make this remotely fun.

• SleepyWillo
    Options
  • Komi
    Options
  • Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

I thinking would be a pretty interesting game. First one out lived. Killer puts pressure on the survivors to finish. I approve this message.

• tennmio
    tennmio Member Posts: 354
    Options

No I don't like it at all. I'm playing this game cause it is teamwork based. Like don't we have enough selfishness in this world and game already?

• Dwigtht
    Dwigtht Member Posts: 462
    Options

Lori Mains, you have a perk "Sole Survivor", to make it work, you have to let other survivors... DIE! DIE! DIE!

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

They'd just dc anytime there's a secret offering. Easy peasey.

• SleepyWillo
    Options

or get hit... or downed... or i spawn into the map...

• shyguyy
    shyguyy Member Posts: 298
    Options

How would this be different than it is now? :^)

I legit always let the last person go, I know its a feelsbad to play anything except for 4 man swf right now.

• kingbojenbo
    kingbojenbo Member Posts: 130
    Options

Why? Nevermind, no thanks.

• Rancid_Discharge
    Rancid_Discharge Applicant Posts: 193
    Options

I'm sorry but this is a terrible idea

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,602
    Options

That's probably what the game should be balanced around, but if we honestly thought that was gonna happen, we'd be living in a dream!

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

You mean like, only one survivor can escape? Because I think that should be pretty obvious, it would at least encourage survivors to be far more selfish, at worst make them actively screw eachother over. Something that could be funny as a limited time game mode or as a way to meme around as a 4man/in custom games, but not for the regular game.