Dead Hard buff just isn't enough

Options
str4wberryp
str4wberryp Member Posts: 86
edited October 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hello! So, dead hard was recently buffed but imo it's still lacking when compared to better exhaustion perks such as (literally every other one, even smash hit) sprint burst, lithe, balanced landing, etc...

These perks can give you significant distance, while dead hard... well, it gives you an extra 15 inches of distance at best (if you're not exhausted on the ground, that is). While very good players will use Dead Hard to read the killer and avoid hits, this isn't the reality for the vast majority of players who basically dead hard into walls or just don't use it at all.

The recent validation buff was really good, as it removes the "exhausted on ground" problem, but the perk is still very weak when compared to the best exhaustion perks. You can use any of these perks at will, but with dead hard you basically have to keep yourself injured to be able to move 15 inches each 60 seconds. This alone makes this perk useless against a lot of killers, as they'll just instadown you before you can do anything (Myers, Ghostface, Oni, Bubba, Hillbilly... even some perks such as Starstruck...).

So my suggestion is to buff Dead Hard by:

1 - Make it so you can use it at any time even when healthy

Every other exhaustion perk can be used when you're healthy. Every other but... dead hard. Making it less punishing would make it way more fun to play as a survivor. If you play survivor, you probably also think it's annoying to be injured all the time.

2 - Rework the perk by adding more functions

I think this would be the best solution. Although I don't like the fact that you have to be injured to use dead hard, I can understand how killers wouldn't like the changes above. To circumvent this problem, I suggest that dead hard automatically gives you fast vaults if you're aligned with an window. This would make for some interesting plays, but I would add one more thing: the ability to bypass some low obstacles (like the haddonfield fence). It's well known that this game is imbalanced because of killers like nurse (can literally ignore every rule in the game), spirit (teleportation), oni (demon dash), etc, but I believe this rework would add more counterplay against those S tier killers. It would only work on window vaults and low obstacles, and there would be a vaulting animation when vaulting these obstacles.

3 - Just make another perk instead

This would be the worst of the alternatives. I really like dead hard, but it's just not fun to use right now.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments