boon totem adjustment: timer feature

Options

as a survivor and killer main, i think that boon totems could get some adjustments so they are more balanced, and less overwhelming for killers.

i think that boons should be put on a timer. for example, once the totem is blessed, it lasts for 40/50/60 seconds (or something like that) before the blessing goes away. that way, if a killer is struggling to not only find the boon totem, but also balance their own hexes, all gens, 4 survivors, hooks, and more, the boon will automatically go away after a certain amount of time.

on the survivor's end, once the boon disappears, it can be re-blessed.

i think this adjustment might be really great, bc boons are strong -- but managing them, at least for me, as killer is extremely overwhelming in addition to everything that has to be focused on (even more so if you play trapper or hag, because their abilities rely on paying attention to where their traps are, etc, which requires more management). i think adding the timer might relieve some stress on the killer's end and make boon perks more balanced! im interested to hear what u all think😊

Comments

• Viamont
    Viamont Member Posts: 304
    Options

Boons need some balacing, on their courent state in com teams are just absurdly strong, special shadow step, it makes simply imposible to have any chance for a decent chase.

Boons need to have a limited amout of uses per run.

A cooldown after the boon its snuffed

The ability to destroy the totem alongside the boon

Increase the overall time it takes to bless a totem to make a true investment on time ( 24 seconds for a dull one, 40 for a hex)

Theres plenty of ways to balance them, but wont really happen

• Hunter_Main_322
    Hunter_Main_322 Member Posts: 530
    Options

you might think that someone will put it instead of the meth perks BEEE

• Millor
    Millor Member Posts: 17
    Options

They really need to do something about them because they're not just strong, but they force you to tunnel people to get kills because you can't target switch without the person being healed up within the next 30 seconds. It also just significantly prolongs the game when survivors are constatly placing boons instead of doing gens and you're forced to constantly douse them if you don't want to spend half a game chasing a single person.

I have no idea why killer hexes can be permanently destroyed but boons can't. Either make them both go on a 2 minute cooldown and randomly move to another hex totem, or make them both permanently destroyable and removed for the rest of the game. Survivors would still have the possibility to place 4 of them in a game, which is still probably too strong, but at least there would be an end to destroying them at some point.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

I think they need changing but this isn't the answer.

Especially Circle of Healing you'd need to bless the totem every time you wanted to heal. At that point it's more efficient to just run self-care because the 14 seconds of blessing with the 16 seconds of healing means you'd have to be 2 seconds away from a totem for it not to be better.

• Millor
    edited October 2021
    Options

That's assuming your team is only going to get one heal out of it before it's destroyed. Even still, if it's not currently up, you can just place it and then immediately begin healing. It makes self-care and inner healing completely obsolete, and if you have another survivor healing you in the boon area, it's basically a triple strength botany (without the efficiency part). It's just too many perks in one package.

• Millor
    Options

But that's assuming your team is only going to get one heal out of it before it's destroyed. Even still, if it's not currently up, you can just place it and then immediately begin healing. It makes self-care and inner healing completely obsolete, and if you have another survivor healing you in the boon area, it's basically a triple strength botany (without the efficiency part). It's just too many perks in one package.

• Millor
    Options

That's assuming your team is only going to get one heal out of it before it's destroyed. Even still, if it's not currently up, you can just place it and then immediately begin healing. It makes self-care and inner healing completely obsolete, and if you have another survivor healing you in the boon area, it's basically a triple strength botany (without the efficiency part). It's just too many perks in one package.

• Millor
    Options