Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Noed needs to be nerfed

Mari2
Mari2 Member Posts: 10
edited November 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

This topic made me finally create an account here to talk about it, this has been triggering me recently and I cant stand this anymore. If I remember survivors had a meta perk that was meant to stop the tunneling from killers, yes I am talking about decisive strike and since killers said it was too strong in the end game cause made them lose matches it has been nerfed, so I don't understand why is no one escapes death still on its best days cause literally has made me lose countless matches that were supposed to be a win for survivors but the killer must tunnel, camp and hit everyone with no one escapes death because most of the time you can't do anything, and yeah we can just find the totem but only if you are lucky enough to find it in time and if you have a full team where you can just tell everybody what to do.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Mari2

well yeah, i dont care about ds to be honest im here for noed, I am just using the argument of many killer players and my experience on post match chat :)

• Mari2

I just said I am using arguments of people that talked to me about ds back then and i find the same problem with noed

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

I'm not sure DS and NOED are comparable. DS still functions as an anti-tunnel perk and hasn't changed in the endgame at all; the issue with old DS was that survivors could do anything and the perk was still active for a full minute, so they could do gens and totems in front of the killer and the killer couldn't really do anything but slug them at best, because you couldn't pick them up without eating a five second stun. But that's for things before the gates get powered - all that's changed in the NOED endgame is that DS deactivates if you unhook someone.

NOED can be handled in three ways, and they're all workable.

-Cleanse all dull totems early on. While people say 'do bones' quite a lot, this is often your worst option; doable, but a timewaster, and hard in solo queue without totem finder perks. Still, I like to hunt dull totems if the killer is struggling and doing a poor job - this is often an indicator of NOED, since weaker players are more likely to use it than confident ones.

-Find the totem and cleanse it. The killer can't guard it when they also have a hook and exit gates to guard, and you can expedite this by noting the positions of dull totems you find earlier in the trial, then going back and checking them if NOED appears. I prefer this to cleansing dull totems, because it increases the odds of NOED spawning somewhere you can quickly find; cleansing is a worse choice than this if your team doesn't find all five totems.

-Just leave. The killer can typically only get one player with NOED before the gates open. If they go for more than one, you can try to slip around them and free their previous victim, but this is very dangerous. Your best bet is to cut your losses.

NOED slaughters teams when everyone runs back to try and extract the hooked player before dealing with the totem. This is frequently what NOED players bank on. Don't feed that playstyle - either deal with the totem or leave the killer to their single NOED hook.

• Mari2

I understand your point of view, but for my experience on this past matches I been getting many killers with this perk, and its annoying if you don't have people to play with.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,474

I think NoED is a fine perk balance wise, but its not really well designed. Sure, Survivors can cleanse totems before the last gen pops but how are they supposed to know if the killer has it? They could of wasted time that could of otherwise be spent on gens. Its a low risk, high reward perk.

So what would I do to nerf it? Remove it as a perk, and make it base-kit.

Now I know this sounds absurd but hear me out, this is the 2nd objective people have been wanting for ever now, if Survivors do all gens without cleansing totems they KNOW what they're in for, they KNOW the risk of leaving those totems alone. How ever if they do decide to cleanse the totems, it wont actually be a waste of time. You also have the risk of bringing Boon Totems, where you have to make the decision if you want to Bless a totem and risk the killer having NoED in the late game, since you didn't cleanse the dull.

Doing this how ever would have to introduce a totem counter on the HUD, not just Small Game.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

You have every tool under the sun to prevent NOED and if you do not use them that is a you problem. NOED is doing exactly what its supposed to and the history of the changes that have went into that perk is long. It's one of the most changed perks in the game and it's only just ok. People fall prey to it because they refuse to respect it in the first place. Even I'm guilty of that, but it really is that simple. Do your dang bones.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

I'm going to have to second everyone else saying it here-- NOED only gets any more value than a surprise down if the survivors choose to give it value by lingering in the trial without dealing with it. Hunt for the totem, or leave, those are both very effective counters to NOED.

It's not even a particularly good perk, but I empathise with it being annoying. If it were to be changed, the only change I would support is having it announce itself to the survivors immediately as it spawns, because I agree that getting hit with NOED before you know it's there is frustrating. There are tools to deal with it, but you've got to know to use them, y'know?

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513

I think noed functions well as an easy mode if it gets triggered, but still serves its purpose within the story of the match as long as it isn't abused by pairing it with camping.

I do think that it'd be nice if all the survivor perks that trigger once a gate is opened instead triggered when the last gen is completed.

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415
    edited November 2021

no, do bones ???

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

DS is nowhere near comparable to NOED.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

Do you not have any hex aura perks? Honest question...

• PigMainBigBrain

It already announces itself as soon as its in play you have a GIANT icon that says EXPOSED!

Like you say, if you stay around in the trial without cleansing the totem you're gonna get worked.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

It only does that after someone's hit- in the period between it lighting up and the first person getting hit, there's no real way of telling that it's there, and that's the only part of it that I think is really a problem.

• PNgamer
    PNgamer Member Posts: 1,415

You can't stand Noed anymore ? Then finally make totems and stop complaining. Survivors have enough perks and items to find some. Finding totems has never been easier than it is now. DS has nothing to do with Noed. Neither does tunneling and camping.... I don't understand why you bring this in connection with Noed. One has nothing to do with the other. Finding the Noed totem if you are lucky ? That is an excuse. If Noed is active, then it is the survivors' fault. There is nothing more to say about it.

• TheDuhJ
    TheDuhJ Member Posts: 475

Look, NOED is the only truly powerful perk in a killers base kit. Sloppy is ok, but if at the end of the match when it comes down to getting hooks, noed is it. If any of the actually good perks like corupt, ruin, PGTW, or any of the other good Killer perks were in base kit, then I could say, yea lets do something about NOED, but does someone who is pretty good at the game have to lose every game because they dont want to go through 4 million BP per killer in order to get a somewhat ok build. Nah, just run that free noed and get what you can. Survivors are a team, Killers are solo. If you die to noed in end game, its still a win for you. Don't take it personally.

• mynameisBlade
    mynameisBlade Member Posts: 325

Anyone who thinks NOED should be nerfed is very uninformed.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,891

Noed does not even need a nerf. There's now a 5th counter to it... Boons, noed doesn't automatically switch to another dull totem if the one it chose originally was blessed. So that means if 3/5 totems were blessed and noed chose those 3/5 that's noed not in play. I don't get why people complain about noed so much when it has more counters than killers do to survivor perks.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Im all time Noed user but I dont tunnel or camp. I also dont have any problems vs a fair play Killer who uses Noed.

Tunnel/camp into Noed, however...

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

NOED needs to be basekit.

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633

Survivor get B tier killer nerf all the time because they complain about them about being unfair to play in the 1v1.

Noed is fine you have multiple perk for bones and you are 4 player with the ability to remove the perk from activating.

Personally just like killer assume survivor have dh, bt, etc... you should assume the killer run noed like that your game will be easier

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

Make NOED good than we can talk about a nerf

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

Hey, here's a crazy idea: just open the door and leave instead of the whole team hanging back to try to save the one guy and get stomped by Noed.

Just leave.

• ElusivePukka

To be more complete: if NOED was basekit it'd never be a surprise. The most irritating thing about the commonly complained about perks (DS, DH, NOED, et al.) is that there's no warning - you're expected to play around them in mid/high-tier matches even if they aren't in play. NOED also has an easy counter in 'doing bones' which I think would be a nice secondary objective for survivors; a deliberate gamble to just M1 gens, or taking a little time to make sure the bones are down for end-game plays. Learning totem spawns is also just good knowledge to build on map generation.

No more feeling like your time's wasted as a totem hunter, either, which is kinda my biggest point.

I also feel BT or something similar should be basekit, o'course.

• UkilledLegion
    UkilledLegion Member Posts: 620

@Mari2 I know how need to nerf NOED :D Need make NOED usual perk, not HEX. I think its great and honest nerf

• UkilledLegion
    UkilledLegion Member Posts: 620

@Crowman she complain not because NOED need to nerf,she's complaining because NOED is annoying she only :D if u remember before devs rework ruin,nerf freddy first time (always freddy period) first time nerf legion even nerf Rin's rosary :D

only the same comment from devs "WE NERF IT BECAUSE OUR SWEET SURVIVOR'S COMMUNITY ANNOYING IT AND SO WE NERFED IT" but do u remember when devs nerf perks or things which annoying killer's community? I not remember. I only remember when write here about windows in warehouse an old wretched shop but devs FIX FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIX it after 150 years.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

I get NOED is annoying but, remember there's perks to help you break/boon totems. And if the killer is camping the hook with NOED just leave unless you can find NOED quickly but, even then it's still better to leave rather than just hook trading

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Right and now with Boons all you have to do is break 1 Totem and bless the rest....boom no more NoED.

Hexes now have lost all practical use except NoED. Players can just bless over any Hex, Thrill of the Hun which was the Killers only Hex Defense perk got nerfed, survivors have perks and items to easily find totems.

These "Nerf NoEd" posts are just bait posts because there are so many counter measures to it and Survivors refuse to do them or even respect the Hex to begin with.

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 901

Everytime I use it, it gets destroyed before I could even get use out of it....

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Noed is fine, it's the worst second chance perk in the game and the only one Killer has.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,364

I wouldn't say killers only have 1 second chance perk.

No Way Out blocks exit gates for a minute when any survivor attempts to open an exit gate.

Bloodwarden blocks the ability for survivors to leave for a minute.

They aren't as "free" as NOED but they provide effects to aid the killer in an end game situation like NOED. And honestly No Way Out is pretty solid.

• Hunter_Main_322
    Hunter_Main_322 Member Posts: 530

DS is currently a trash perk

And NOED must be set on a timer or let it disappear when the gates are open

Or make at least immediately a notification that he is and not after a blow

• ThatOneDemoPlayer

No Way Out is solid, I use it myself but it rewards you for hooking unlike NOED, so I'd classify it as an anti tunneling Perk similar to BBQ. Bloodwarden is useless 90% of the time so I don't really count it but it can do something sometimes

• ThatOneDemoPlayer

DS is actually really good, it stops the Killer from tunneling which is very strong

• ThatOneDemoPlayer

No because I don't get tunneled that often due to my MMR on Survivor being pretty low

• PigMainBigBrain

Thats a cool idea and all, but something like that would also put other hexes or hex play in general in an even worse spot than what it already is at. Bringing more attention to an objective the killer DOES NOT want people to be focused on just ends up ruining your ability to play with hexes. Since everyone will be either looking for a spot to put their boon totem, or looking for any totems they possibly can to drop noED out of the match.

Gotta be realistic here my man. NoED is a baby killer perk and a perk for people who love end game builds. Thats it. Its not some god tier auto win button. You get 1 chance to take advantage of it, and its a gamble if it even gets a chance to be played with as many boon totems that fly around per match.

The perk right now is fine, if not worse than where it was years ago simply due to the massive amount of attention totems are getting per match anyway. IMO they should have never given survivors more of a reason to touch totems, and had boons exist on their own objectives like generators that are fully repaired or in the process of being repaired. We already have pressure on totems by default cause of hexes, then we got extra pressure cause of boons, now you wanna add more by having noED base kit?!?! Thats too many racoons with their hands in the cookie jar to be viable....

• ElusivePukka
    edited November 2021

You misunderstand: I hate NOED with a passion. It's part of why I think it should be basekit - so that everyone will know to counter the baby killer perk, and baby killers will be forced to grow up. I just prefer to couch that all in more positive rhetoric.

Hexes are already mixed-bags, at best, considering the lifespan of an average hex being measured in seconds rather than minutes. They're not good anymore, and they frankly haven't been for a while. Yeah, basekit NOED would put hexes in an even worse spot - but the bar is so low, I argue that 'worse spot' isn't by much. Totems as a whole need a complete reimagining in order for the hex/boon/"break for effect" scene to be a decent battlefield rather than a bad gamble.