The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Keep ds after unhooks

TypicalIllusion
TypicalIllusion Member Posts: 60

If i use deli in basement i dont want to be forced to lose ds because im "not being tunneled" even though the killer right near me.

Keep ds after unhooks 76 votes

yes
15%
stvnhthrXsashagreyXNAERUUUidcHannonSakurraFairyyTailMileena_KahnGuiltiiSwoopieFracYouLLCoachBurnsLL 12 votes
no
84%
White_OwlGibberishkodiakyNos37TapeKnotDimekTragicSolitudeReikoMoripizzaduffyhp90musstang62MrPenguinElusivePukkaAvilgusThe_Medicine_ManCornpopers_EvanRoboMojoVicThorWarcrafter4TatariuKnightFall28901 64 votes

Comments

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    no

If your unhooking with DS active your not being tunneled, im afraid.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814
    no

Hiding and sneaking up to unhook safely while the killer is busy is not a sin. Running up to unhook directly in the killer's face should be punished MORE not less.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    edited November 2021
    no

If you're trying to unhook a survivor, you're not being tunnelled.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited November 2021
    no

That would just reward reckless behaviour, no thanks.

• TypicalIllusion

let teammate die to save ds? killers will camp basement atleast once while youre playing with 1 more person

• TypicalIllusion

the biggest problem was 60s of gen time with no punishment

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607
    no

If you're going for a save, DS no longer applies. You're not being tunnelled, you're progressing the game- which makes you a valid target for the killer.

• TypicalIllusion

so i should

1. save my ds because its endgame and hes camping on top of shack and gonna come down and let my teammate die
    2. just go second?
  • jesterkind
    no

In that scenario you use DS before you go for the unhook, and then unhook while they're stunned.

• jesterkind
    no

Well, the real question is why you'd expect DS to help you in this scenario? It's not designed for this, it's not supposed to help you in this very specific scenario that's been crafted here.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    no

DS is not supposed to be a get out of jail free card. It is intended to provide you with an aid against being tunnelled (Which it does reasonably well). DS being retained after an unhook used to heavily reward Survivors for making rather stupid plays because they could unhook and still get away thanks to DS. We do not need that to come back.

• Fobbo
    Fobbo Member Posts: 452

In that scenario DS should not be the answer. It should be a 2 man or 3 man rescue with bt

• Terramortius
    Terramortius Member Posts: 115
    no

I'm a survivor main and I should be saying yes but I voted no to this. I'm all about making the game more fair.

Pros can counter anything thrown at them so I will speak for casual players. For casual killer players, it's already so hard to breathe when survs take the current DS. To have it buffed again, that would be quite unfair to killers. To put it into perspective on why I think so, let's do a bit of theory math here.

80 secs to solo fix a gen.

If 1 person gets chased, 3 people solo gens, 2 gens left.

In general, a casual player runs for about 30 seconds per health state. 2 health states is 60 seconds. Killer cleaning his weapon is about 5 seconds each so about 10 seconds. Hooking someone takes 10-15 seconds.

Total of 80-85 seconds.

If you're facing good survivors, 2 gens should pop and the third will pop as you reach it. If not, you chase the person away, someone takes over and it pops anyway.

In a situation where DS would even matter to the killer, he has to tunnel the unhooked. Taking the est 15 seconds to wait out the borrowed time, 1 health state for 30 seconds and he goes down. Now the killer either...

1)picks him up and eats a DS and and chase the poor guy again then have the remaining 2 gens popped then his team comes take hits for him while the exit gates are opening

or

2) He slugs in fear of DS and the surv gets picked up by his teammates and needing to fear an additional perk called unbreakable and then the pressure he applied by tunneling gets nullified anyway.

Either of the 2 scenarios aren't fun for casual killers. If you face a really good killer, buffing DS wouldn't matter anyway. If your worry was on "what if I just got unhooked and I want to go unhook another person" then let me ask you.. Killer knocks you down and the person you unhooked starts running. Since the unhooked person was so close, don't you think the killer would chase the unhooked person and slug you to generate more pressure? Then your DS wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Yes, maybe it would matter in the case of a casual killer but it's already so hard for them to breathe as it is. Why make life tougher for them?