Need reconnect option after game/server issues

rarematter
rarematter Member Posts: 4
edited November 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

My game froze while I was working on a generator. Someone I was playing with told me I was disconnected and the game wasn’t unfreezing so I closed it and reopened. No reconnect option and I was blocked from matchmaking.

We need the ability to reconnect, especially in a game where matches are not backfilled when someone is disconnected. Other games have solutions for this.

Post edited by rarematter on

Comments

• laucters
    laucters Member Posts: 20

No.

• WolfyLegend123
    WolfyLegend123 Member Posts: 32

Very vague response and no help at all, while i agree with a system to help in case of game crashes it would come with problems and will be hard to implement.

It can be abused, because depending on how you plan to make it, ofc it will have bugs.

It will not help much, you will need to add a timelimit, if not ppl will dc, and rejoin st the end of the game. Or if the killer dcs then what.

There are other reasons but at least im not being as vague as a "no", hope it helps.

• rarematter
  • rarematter

I agree no solution is perfect but something would be better than nothing, especially for times when players are forcibly disconnected by the game itself. If anyone intentionally leaves they shouldn’t be allowed to reconnect. But if its a game/server issue…there should be some time to reconnect. It isn’t fair to other players in that case.

• laucters

Alright so it's been two days and I was out of town that's why I didn't respond but my "No" was not vague. It was definitive. This is a subject that does not need any discussion. No one goddamn likes when a DC happens but it is just what it is. It happens. Trying to implement a reconnect system will not be worth the trouble it will cause.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

If the killer can still interact with the disconnected survivor (Hit and Hook) other than it would be abusable.

• rarematter

Refusing to discuss something on a forum is the opposite of why people use forums….if you don’t want to discuss it, why comment?

A number of major game titles have reconnect systems for matches that aren’t backfilled. Why should this one be different?

To everyone saying it would be abused…have you ever played a game with a reconnect system? They work for their intended purpose. Not perfectly, but they are better than a non-solution.

Refusing to consider solutions to what is obviously a problem seems like nothing more than stubbornness to me. Match quality could be improved overall.

Arguing against a reconnect system is like saying…part of the house is on fire, easier to just let the whole thing burn down and start over. Whoever is in there might make it out… 💀

• laucters

Alright this shall be the system then;

You can't reconnect if you DC in a chase

You can't reconnect if you DC on hook

You can't reconnect if you DC in the killer's terror radius. Though this can be altered a little bit for maps with double floors

etc.

Would you be happy with this system? I guess not, but this would be the most balanced way to handle it. So let's just don't even bother. There might be a pause option that survivors can use and killer can unpause if he doesn't care but if he is good sports he might let it be and wait like dota 2.