Generator Damage (BUFF)

Options
Jdsgames
Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
edited January 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

A change I believe should be made for Killers is around Gen Damage.
What I am suggesting is that each time you kick a generator it does, damage equal to the amount of the time it takes to play the kick animation and then start regressing. I believe this is fair as you are taking the time to kick the gen it should have some benefit. This balances generator tapping as the time required to generator tap is instant rather than waiting a specific amount of time to stop regression.

*Note: The base damage would be equal to base generator break speed as several perks boost animation speed for destroying things and would complicate it more.

Comments

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Options
    Jdsgames said:

A change I believe should be made for Killers is around Gen Damage.
    What I am suggesting is that each time you kick a generator it does, damage equal to the amount of the time it takes to play the kick animation and then start regressing. I believe this is fair as you are taking the time to kick the gen it should have some benefit. This balances ge

nerator tapping as the time required to generator tap is instant rather than waiting a specific amount of time to stop regression.

*Note: The base damage would be equal to base generator break speed as several perks boost animation speed for destroying things and would complicate it more.

Kicking a gen should regress it a 5% instantly.
    To stop the regression bar survivors should work on It for at least 5-10 seconds.
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

@tt_ivi_99 said:
    To stop the regression bar survivors should work on It for at least 5-10 seconds.

That would make the 3-gen-strategy too powerful. Imagine a Doc doing that.

• tt_ivi_99
    Options

@tt_ivi_99 said:

Just like some maps are powerful for survivors, there are maps that still have inginites and Broken pallets so... I dont see a problem with the 3 gen strategy
  • NoShinyPony
    Options

@tt_ivi_99 said:
    Just like some maps are powerful for survivors, there are maps that still have inginites and Broken pallets so... I dont see a problem with the 3 gen strategy

When I said "too powerful" I meant "so powerful that survivors have no chance in doing all 5 gens".

If something is unbalanced, then it clearly is a problem and should not be in the game.

Maps that are currently unbalanced and strong for survivors should be balanced. The solution can't be to create more situations that are unbalanced, but now strong for killers.

• tt_ivi_99
    Options

@tt_ivi_99 said:

When I said "too powerful" I meant "so powerful that survivors have no chance in doing all 5 gens".

If something is unbalanced, then it clearly is a problem and should not be in the game.

Maps that are currently unbalanced and strong for survivors should be balanced. The solution can't be to create more situations that are unbalanced, but now strong for killers.

Yh well I dont want to break your bubble but those maps have been broken since lunch and I dont think they'll be changed anytime soon.
  • Jdsgames
    Options

@NoShinyPony said:

@tt_ivi_99 said:

To balance any game you have to get rid of core logical problems. The fact that break a generator that can be instantly reversed by a single tap by a survivor is a faulty mechanic of the game. However, you should not degrade a suggestion for the situation it makes one killer or perks overpowered. Many of the current balance fixes were changes made to balance around broken mechanics. So, by fixing the broken core mechanics, you will not need several bandaid value changes anymore. At some point, you will realize duct tape only fixes things for so long because of every update that is added somebody complains something became too overpowered. My suggestion is fixing a core mechanic of the game, not a perk or killer specifically. The fact that you have a situation where it takes time to do the damage, but the time to fix the damage is instant. The idea of regression is fair to some extent, however, if the survivor instant-taps your damage you lost two seconds of your time for no consequence of time to them.

• NoShinyPony
    Options

@tt_ivi_99 said:
    Yh well I dont want to break your bubble but those maps have been broken since lunch and I dont think they'll be changed anytime soon.

So we can agree that unbalanced things can't be fixed by bringing other unbalanced things into the game? Good.

And don't forget that maps are constantly being reworked. You can't compare today's maps to those from a year ago.

• NoShinyPony
    Options

@Jdsgames I was reffering to @tt_ivi_99 's specific suggestion and that specific suggestion was unbalanced.

• tt_ivi_99
    Options

@tt_ivi_99 said:

So we can agree that unbalanced things can't be fixed by bringing other unbalanced things into the game? Good.

And don't forget that maps are constantly being reworked. You can't compare today's maps to those from a year ago.

Yh I agree with that but Im just saying that devs have too much going on, Freddy rework and new characters development, new map coming, new dedicated servers, fixing bugs.

That's why I dont get my hopes too high on them balancing 1-2 maps.
  • Jdsgames
    Options

@NoShinyPony said:
    @Jdsgames I was reffering to @tt_ivi_99 's specific suggestion and that specific suggestion was unbalanced.

Fair, I thought you were putting the whole thing down in general.

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Options
    @tt_ivi_99
    Perhaps the 5-10 second wait time is a bit much. Do you happen to know the delay time between missing a skill check and being able to continue repairs? I think that might be an easier time for people to accept.
  • Jdsgames
    Options

@azazer said:
    @tt_ivi_99
    Perhaps the 5-10 second wait time is a bit much. Do you happen to know the delay time between missing a skill check and being able to continue repairs? I think that might be an easier time for people to accept.

I would suggest the default 2 seconds it takes to kick the gen in the first place. Since it is the same amount of time you spent on it. I think the missed skill check thing is longer than 2 seconds though.

• NoShinyPony
    Options

@tt_ivi_99 said:
    Yh I agree with that but Im just saying that devs have too much going on, Freddy rework and new characters development, new map coming, new dedicated servers, fixing bugs.

Okay, the devs having a lot to do in a short amount of time is an issue. It could surely help if after March 2019 (when Chapter 11 is released), they would take some time to work on existing problems and not release Chapter 12 in June already.