Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Borrowed Time should be basekit

Borrowed time should be base kit. Why? Because it would penalise bad killers, and give more diversity to survivor builds (since you wouldn't need borrowed to have a serious build that work all the time).

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209
    edited November 2021

NOED should be basekit. Why? It'll penalise bad survivors who don't do bones.

No, stop asking for perks to be basekit, it's not gonna happen.

Further more, BT is more often used by bad survivors to make unsafe hook rescues, who then proceed to bodyblock the killer with their BT Endurance to bait a hit.

• Faulds
    Faulds Member Posts: 903

I dont want to offend you, but you clearly don't play survivor and killer that much if you think like that. I have 3k hour on this game (50% survivor/ 50% killer), i know what i'm talking about. BT should be basekit to have a better survivor experience, and NOED should work like haunted grounds (one minute noed on fifth gen pop). What killers need is reliable gen slowdown, because good killers will be rewarded and not unskilled ones... noed doesn't care about killer's skill, only about your luck.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

"BT should be base kit, that way survivors can have 5 second chance perks every game instead of 4!"

Yeah, that sounds wonderful for balance.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

In its current state, that probably wouldn't be a good idea. It'd only incentivise absolutely everyone to go for dumb bodyblocks (then complain about getting tunnelled when they refused to make distance and made themselves a one-hit down versus a potentially healthy rescuer...) and incredibly unsafe unhooks.

BUT, some kind of basekit answer to tunnelling also wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, at least in theory. Some other parts of the game would have to change alongside it so killers aren't just put at a disadvantage with no upside, and it'd have to deactivate after the last generator is completed, but a basekit answer to tunnelling is probably actually possible, much more so than the equivalent for camping.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209
    edited November 2021

I don't want to offend you, but I have 4k hours, so you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Sure, let's give Killers Corrupt, Ruin and Pop base kit aswell so they have more build diversity

• Faulds
    edited November 2021

What is survivor's gameplay main difficulty? What is killer's gameplay main difficulty? Survivors have a hard time with camping and tunneling, killers have a hard time with gen speed. The people who developed this game choosed to deal with this fundamental flaws with perks: that already exists and already affects the game. I'm thinking that you could rather do it with base kit mechanics: and make the game balanced "base kit wise". Here i'm only talking about the survivor side.

Post edited by Faulds on
  • vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

No, use your perk slot.

• Faulds

i can't do anything for my teammates perk slot, and its really so fun to bring ds/ bt on every build... so much diversity. Perks shouldn't be band-aid fixes to fundamental game design flaws anyway.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

Then if you want everyone to force to have it, remove 1 perk slot and put it base kit. Fair then right?

• Faulds
    edited November 2021

In my opinion, killers should get a fifth perk also... if you put bt base kit. You need a mechanic that slow down the gen "early and throughout the game": but i'm a bit clueless on that one to be honest.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

yeah more bodyblocking just what we need.

• Faulds
    edited November 2021

The perk is already in the game and used by most of the players that knows what they are doing... what do you even complain about?

• Nathan13

It does not to be a basekit, this is a perk for a reason.

• Faulds

Like i previously said: "perks shouldn't be band-aid fixes for fundamental game design flaws".

• Nathan13

making perks basekit would be overkill. Like there would be no point in having perks in this game.

• Faulds

I'm not saying all perks should be base kit. But i'm saying that killers and survivors gameplay have two flaws that make the game insufferable sometimes: camping-tunneling (for survivors), and gen speed (for killers). BT could definitely be base-kit, since it gives to the survivor a chance to get back into the game (what they don't have without the right perks).