Boons Are Killers Second Objective And That’s A Good Thing

2»

Comments

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819

Yeah, and a survivor needs to move away from objective, just to place it.

Takes significantly less time to snuff it than it does to bless it.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Killer's time is wroth 4 times as much as there's only one killer and 4 survivors.

So if it takes the killer even 4 seconds to find and extinguish(This includes travel time) a boon totem then it would have given the survivors 16 seconds worth of generator time.

Boons only take 14 seconds so the killer taking even 4 seconds to remove it is time beneficial to the survivors.

• Leatherface1990
    Leatherface1990 Member Posts: 718

Boons keep players in the game.

• BaschFonRonsenburg
    BaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 311

How they don’t have deaf settings is beyond me. I’m losing hearing in my right ear so using headphones on console is a must right now.

• BaschFonRonsenburg
    BaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 311

it would also have to be so it’s harder (or just not so easily apparent) for the killer to find.

In fact, killer perks have crazy cooldowns, why not just give boon totems a 100/90/80 second cooldown? I’d be okay with that tbh. And have it go on cooldown when it gets snuffed, not blessed.

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

I mean they kinda have totem reading. Undying does that.

• aknitus
    aknitus Member Posts: 124

Think of it like this. 1 killer has 1 hex ruin which is protected by undying only once. (Previously undying used to be crazy OP). However survs can have unlimited boons since they can bless totems infinitely. Seems to me that that is a bit unfair for the killer. 😃

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513

yeah. I mean, my earbuds that I normally use just had the right earbud fizzle out, and I realized I straight up couldn't play.

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590

Riiight... killers doing totems is exactly like survivors doing totems...?

Except there's 4 survivors, who can spread out and literally break/destroy the totems (i.e. disabling the benefits) whilst progressing the game. Whereas the killer has to choose between either maintaining chase, snuffing a boon (which can be relit), damaging a gen or searching for the other survivors, etc...

How is that the same exactly? Because if the killer spent the match looking for totems (which one survivor could easily do, particularly if they're carrying a map, or detectives hunch or any other perk to let them see where they are), they'd quickly lose the game. And it wouldn't benefit them because, like I said, they can be relit... by multiple survivors!

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,236
    edited November 2021

Absolute nonsense and it shows you never play killer.

When I play survivor, the experience is chill af. I can go around looking for totems, I can walk around the entire map, can sneak around the killer to line up a save. It's a leisurely stroll.

Killer does not have time to "do bones". You stop sprinting for a split second and you've lost.

Survivors need more objectives to keep them busy, killers need less.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

Killers already had more objectives than survivors to deal with in the first place. They didn't need yet another objective.

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074

I mean I'm a moron sometimes too but sometimes even I have some smarts left in me. No.

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819
  • ElmosPayPig
    ElmosPayPig Member Posts: 128

You're relly not unless the killer is way better then your team and is getting downs left and right.

Not to mention CoH boons save time in the long run because of quick self heals and even quicker group heals.

• coolmacc
    coolmacc Member Posts: 70

I wouldn’t say so it takes 14 sec to bless it only goes 24 meters and takes 1 sec to be snuffed

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited November 2021

Survivors have more time to work with than the killer, therefore adding another objective for the side that doesn't need it is most definitely not a good thing. Just like breakable wall are not a good thing because it never "feels good" that something that shouldn't be there, is there, and forces you to drop a chase that may have already been going on a while to break.

If the killers had more time and could dictate matches then I'd agree, but as it currently stands that's simply not the case and Boon totems are one of the more recent additions to the reasons behind people simply not wanting to play killer. Just a free 5th perk for everyone that removes the pressure a killer can apply, then someone comes along and thinks it's a good thing because it benefits them.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

Okay, how is it not true? What part of it are you disputing? If a killer spends 4s snuffing a boon, that survivors don't get 16s of cumulative generator progress uninterrupted?

That every second the killer spends doing something not pressuring a survivor is 4s of time for the survivors?

That 4x4s is greater than 14s?

• Jplanas98
    Jplanas98 Member Posts: 532
    1. You don't have to loop. Another survivor can loop the killer while the others repair and complete generators. You can hide from the Killer the entire game and still complete your objective. Killers have no choice but to chase since in order to complete their objective they need to chase and down survivors. They also have to break pallets and doors to prevent survivors from re-using those loops to extend chases.
    2. You don't have to get 5 totems done. You only need to get as many totems done as there are hexes. If there are no hexes, totems don't need to be done. Same thing applies to Killer, except for the fact that we have to worry about the Boon going into effect multiple times. Once a hex is gone, it's gone. Except for undying which only works once.
    3. Until someone actually gets hooked your sole objective is to repair gens, which isn't difficult in the slightest. And if a survivor runs a killer for long enough, then you'll never really have to focus on those objectives. If a Killer is managing to get ran for that long, they're already failing their objective because they have no kills or hooks and they're allowing the other 3 survivors to finish their objective.
    4. Rarely ever are all 4 survivors being pressured at once. The only time that really happens is if there's a 3 gen going on. Your teammate may be getting chased, but you other 3 are perfectly fine for the time being. Meanwhile, Killers have to manage to somehow pressure 4 people at once when many of their abilities only help the in 1v1 situations. Making applying pressure to the entire team at once nearly impossible.

You either don't play Killer at all, or are just willfully ignorant.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,236
    edited November 2021

It is true.

In the 4s it takes to snuff out a totem, survivors can have repaired 16 charges on a generator.

If it happens to be the same gen, then you will have to kick that gen and keep all survivors off gens for 64 seconds to compensate for it.

That's if it only takes 4s, which it doesn't...

It takes 3s minimum to snuff a totem, 2.5s animation plus reaction time.

It can take anywhere between 4 and ~16 seconds to travel to a Boon, if you even know where it is.

Snuffing out a totem usually means dropping a chase, which can result in between 15 and 60 seconds to time wasted.

Killers simply do not have the time to deal with this. I do not snuff out boons any more because it is more beneficial to allow survivors to have instant healing, no scratch marks, and no auras, than it is to go out of my way to snuff them out, multiple times.

Imagine that, instant healing and total stealth being the lesser of two options...

Which obviously means I can only play Plague or full expose builds.

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565

The only way boons would be balanced is if they took at least half of the time it takes to do a gen