Remove SBMM Please

Another month, another asking BHVR to admit they were wrong and to remove SBMM as it does nothing to help with matchmaking in a casual game.

Would be great to not get paired with survivors who have less than 20 hours in the game as a player with over 7k hours simply because I died first thanks to the previous team of less than 20 hours not helping me with gens against the killer running ruin/undying/tinkerer/pop leading me to get chased and hooked 3 times before anyone else even sees the killer.

Your system is garbage.

Comments

• Flolol
    Flolol Member Posts: 4

Most of my killers have 5 to 20 hours gametime and i dont have a single one with the perks i want yet but 80% of my matches are against hardcore sweat swf groups with 1000-4000 hours and meta only perks. All the time. Its cursed. I literally can not play killer anymore because its so frustrating an unfun. I should play agsinst newbies but i play vs experienced players and even worse, mostly 4 men groups.

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 482

I have to agree with this as well. As many issues as the previous rank system had, SBMM has made my games markedly worse in terms of player experience. At least please be working on a revamp of SBMM that doesn't make it such a hell as killer or survivor.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,410

For them to admit escape-based matchmaking was a disaster, they would have to admit to wasting 2 years of dev resources on a failed project. I imagine some heads would roll over such an admission.

Easier to just sweep the mmr ratings under the rug/ui so we have no indication whether the system is functional and call it a pretty good job.

• DieGräfin
    DieGräfin Member Posts: 227

Yep. Totally agree with that 👍