Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

General Change Ideas!

Snowstruck
Snowstruck Member Posts: 564
edited November 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hi!

Please don't argue in the thread, and if you agree/disagree just tell me! You don't have to be snarky, or anything. This forum has enough of that, lol. Just tell me your ideas, and thoughts!

I will share my perk, addon, and item change ideas, and maybe even map bonus / con ideas? I am not posting killer change ideas, or general game mechanic ideas (like swf, gen repair/regression, etc) that's the stuff that makes people real mad. It's not what I'm interested in seeing!

Decisive Strike: Interacting with lockers also disables it. I'm not sure if they didn't change this on purpose but it seems weird that hopping in a locker is the only action that doesn't disable it!

Boon: Shadow Step: Instead of scratch marks/ auras being hidden:

Scratch marks blend into the scenery but have a prominent, THIN black outline so they are still noticeable. The color of them are also slightly lighter so that it doesn't completely blend in, but can be unnoticeable if you don't think about it. Auras, instead of being hidden, are instead warped little red dots instead of outlines. Again, barely noticeable but still there. I know this is weird so if you don't agree that's fine. Kind of coming up with it on the spot. (I can create a demonstration thing if you want to see what I mean!)

Boon: Circle of Healing: Instead of a 100% healing bonus, make it a little better than self care. Maybe 70%? And also, survivors cannot pick themselves up when in dying state.

For boons in general, make it take considerably longer to boon a totem. It's a little too fast and easy right now.

Bamboozle: Works on pallets and windows (it'd make it a little more interesting, don't you think?)

Corrupt Intervention: Same, but when one of the three generators not blocked starts being worked on, you get a shorter-than-usual explosion notif on that gen.

Hex: The Third Seal: This perk applies to three totems. Two out of the three totems must be cleansed to disable the effects of the hex. The untouched totem will disappear once the other two are destroyed.

Thrilling Tremors: Blocks gens for 30 seconds and causes the gen to lose 10% of it's progress, but it does not continue to regress after the fact. (I'm not sure if 10% is good or bad lmk. Don't feel like doing math rn!)

Franklin's Demise: Instead of making the item disappear, it simply loses it's charges after 50 seconds instead.

I might add more later! These are just simple ideas I made up on the fly.

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Disagree

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Decisive Strike doesn't need anymore changes. Using it from a locker is completely fair. If you have been unhooked and the killer decides to target you and you Jump into a locker your still being tunneled.

• Snowstruck

Fair, I guess I run into too many swfs that match LOL and then I'm like,, ah who the hell did I just hook?

• Clueless
    Clueless Member Posts: 340

How about this?

• unclefood87
    unclefood87 Member Posts: 50

So as a rule of thumb when it comes to changes in the actual PvP nature of the game I favor fairness and increased interaction possibilities between players. When it comes to changes between a player and a static object in the game I really only value the fairness.

Decisive Strike: I think only things that progress the match should count for disabling DS. That being said there are two actions in the game that progress the game without disabling DS. Inner Healing does not disable DS, and neither does blessing a totem. That should change.

Boon: Shadow Step: I think a better change would be to keep it the same, but instead only let it hide one of scratch marks or auras, not both.

Boon: Circle of Healing: I just think healing speed needs an ultimate cap of you can’t heal faster than X% speed, I think the perk itself is fine.

Bamboozle: How would it work on pallets? Killer walking through an unused pallet? Don’t think I like this one, might make gameplay real narrow-minded, and it kinda renders Blood Favor pointless.

Corrupt Intervention: I honestly think Corrupt is perfectly fine and wouldn’t change it.

Hex: The Third Seal: I think Third Seal just needs a new effect. Blindness is useless against SWF and can be borderline oppressive against 4 solo queue.

Thrilling Tremors: I think I like this one. Be interesting to test it out, because with the right numbers I think this is a good change.

Franklin's Demise: Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t they change Franklins so that the item doesn’t disappear, but just eventually loses all its charges?

• Snowstruck

I'm not sure abt the Franklin's Demise thing tbh. I just started playing again, and my friend said it still disappears, so maybe? Sorry if that was confusing.

And I agree with most of what you said! They all make sense :)

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356
    edited November 2021

These survivor perk nerfs and killer perk buffs are too much in my opinion. Not to mention that people probably wouldn't be too happy with a patch that just nerfs survivor perks and buffs killer perks, seeing as how many bad survivor perks this game has as well.

Nerfing the boon perk effects and then increasing the time it takes to bless a totem would completely destroy these perks and nobody would use them.

Shadowstep is fine in my opinion, I don't really have any problem with that perk. There are situations where it can be pretty overwhelming, but in general I don't think it's op.

Circle of Healing is the only op Boon perk up till now in my opinion. Shadowstep and the upcoming Exponential one seem fine to me. First of all, this game needs a cap to healing buffs stacking, or general to any stack of buffs. You shouldn't be able to buff your healing more than 100%. And you shouldn't be able to increase self healing beyond the normal 16 second healing time.

And then maybe CoH could need it's healing buff reduced from 100% to 90%, as well as it's self healing. 80% would be the absolute lowest, and that already might be too low. Alternatively they could increase the time it takes to bless a totem, but that would also nerf the other Boon perks, which don't really seem op to me.

DS deactivating when entering a locker would be fine, but then DS should honestly be able to be used more than once, so you can use it again when you get unhooked a second time, even if you already used it when you got unhooked the first time.

I don't know how Bamboozle should work on pallets though, because the killer has to vault windows in order to block them, and they can't vault pallets.

Corrupt Intervention seems strong enough to me, and this buff would just further encourage survivors to wait out the 120 seconds that the gens are blocked.

The buff to Thrilling Tremors sounds too strong. 10% regression on every gen that is blocked?I think they just need to decrease the duration a gen is blocked from 16 to like 24 seconds, and then decrease the cooldown from 60 to 45 seconds or something like that, and the perk would be fine.

• Snowstruck

Only reason I suggest the thrilling change is because gen progression is insane, still.

• Snowstruck

Survivors shouldn't be able to swap their items once in a lobby or switch characters, like the killer cannot change the killer they are playing.