Hypothetical Patch Notes by Scott Jund

Look at the comments. Look at how many people are happy, saying they would come back to your game. I have never seen this community so united over a patch AND IT'S NOT EVEN REAL. Imagine if this patch was real. BHVR, please make this a reality. At least consider it.

Comments

• xillucide
    xillucide Member Posts: 92

honestly though, all of these changes would be amazing. they wouldn't make killer super op. almost all of the changes are just quality of life changes.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,545

A lot of the changes would be pretty good.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    edited November 2021

BHVR, just do copy + paste

Imagine that dissatisfaction when we get to patch 7.0.0 and there is nothing interesting :D

I would nerf CoH more tho...

• Ssajbambusa
    Ssajbambusa Member Posts: 496

Not a single bad change in this - but baseline Kindred would require maps to really be balanced. Let's be honest, map will never be even close to balanced and Kindred is the strongest survivor perk (at least I run it all the time).

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

If by “end up like Overwatch” you mean have 6 million active players over the last 30 days then I’m pretty sure Behaviour would love that.

• Ssajbambusa
    Ssajbambusa Member Posts: 496

@Dino7281 I dunno, I feel like overestimate CoH. I find ShadowStep so much stronger. The basic boon mechanics are broken, not the perk.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

Soooo did anyone know a bhvr guy by chance that could be the first time in a long time they could make a patch and don't screw us all not even bhvr can mess up just copy that whole thing and the game could get good again

• Dino7281

You need SWF for ShadowStep and you need all 4 of them + map to find totems + map offering.

You need to commit quite a lot on this, but when you do, it's BS yeah...

I have talked many times about CoH why is it OP, so not gonna do it again, but it was one of the main reasons why I have a break from DBD.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,236

No to basekit perks or removing perk tiers completely. There are better options that aren't so extreme, and frankly they sound a bit too entitled. Like, asking for unlimited bloodpoints or permanent Ruin.

• Dino7281
    edited November 2021

Those are not really all his ideas. Those are things suggested for a long time and would fix a lot of issues.

Kindred basekit was suggested a lot to help soloQ and I agree with it.

Grind is huge issue and makes it hard for new players to enjoy this game and this would fix it.

and it's still nowhere near unlimited BP... just ######### and noone ever asked for permanent Ruin (I hope so at least)

• Seraphor
    edited November 2021

I get why they're popular ideas and I agree that the problems they address need addressing, I've suggested similar things to basekit kindred and removal of perk tiers myself, but not quite as far as them.

I think survivors should have the ability to ping the location of other survivors, but it wouldn't be an aura, it would be a heartbeat styled like killer instinct, giving you direction but not precise location, and no killer aura. This keeps Kindred a valid perk, but it also wouldn't be countered by aura-blocking effects.

And I think all unlocked perks should be available automatically at tier 1. This would mean you could form a build of any tier 1 perks you like the moment you start playing a new character, but still allow you to grind for tier 2 and 3 versionss for a sense of progression. This reduces the grind by a third (instead of two thirds of removing tiers completely) but with the bonus of not needing to grind out pages and pages of bloodwebs just to find the one perk you need. So it's arguably more user and newbie friendly, while still maintaining the progression of tiering up perks.

Both are better and less disruptive to the games design and currency economy than simply basekit Kindred or removing perk tiers.

• Dino7281

Like, I don't agree 100% with what he said.

DeahtSlinger needs way more to be interesting again, just 115% wouldn't change anything imo.

Oni's Topknot doesn't need more nerfs.

Hey, give all perks as T1 would help too, still better than nothing.

I don't think kindred basekit would be that broken, I would give only survivor aura part tho, not a killer -> that would stay with a perk + his new effect.

I would love to see some type of chat wheel tho like -> I am chased, I found a totem, I am going to save etc. simple actions that would help soloQ to call their actions. Still worse than SWF, but way better than nothing.

• Seraphor

Another issue is, when you make a perk basekit, what replaces that perk?

And if you remove perk tiers, you learn all base perks well before level 50.

Both these ideas cannibalise the game and don't account for the holes they leave behind. Whereas my ideas add to the game instead of taking away.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Thats buckle up not flip flop lmao

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 968

when i saw the video i was like "OMG they finally are gonna make the game better"and then at the end of the video it was scott just playing with my feelings XD ....😂😪

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
    edited November 2021

Scott suggested a replacement for kindred, if the killer is within 12m of the hook. Increase all survivor gen repair speed by 8%.

Running out of perks before 50 is fine. add ~5 more general pool perks to the game and suddenly you have all general pool perks by about 30-40 which is good enough for new players.

• DarkMagik
    DarkMagik Member Posts: 822

I was like so excited when a saw video & then sadge when it was a joke

• Jallybwan
    Jallybwan Member Posts: 472

Even just the first part of the video with all the basic fundamental changes, up until about 9:50. Just having that would make DBD so much better. The work is all laid out for BHVR in this video. All they have to do is just follow along and implement the changes like this. Imagine how many people in this community would cry tears of joy if this patch was made a reality.

• xillucide
    xillucide Member Posts: 92

"active players" by blizzards standards are players that log in once a week. they dont even have to play the game, just log into your blizzard account, think about playing overwatch, close overwatch. it's not as many as you think. if there were truly 6 million active players, you wouldn't run into the same 10 players 3 games in a row and t500 would have some degree of new players. don't trust what activision tells them to say.

and by "end up like overwatch" he means overwatch has been in the same meta for over a year, again, and the playerbase hates the game. they come back to it because nothing is like overwatch and they dont want to give up on it.... kind of exactly like dbd's playerbase. the only reason dbd is still one of the most played games is because of extremely casual and new players. most veteran players have taken long breaks because of the state of the game and if they come back, it's roughly once a week to see if they can even have fun or if there's still bs in the game... kind of exactly like overwatch...

if you ask me, this game has already ended up like overwatch lol

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

6 million in 30 days is 200,000 per day which is quite realistic for a game that sold as well as Overwatch on both PC and consoles. On Steam alone the top 5 game current player counts are 86k - 289k, and that's just Steam so it's only PC games and doesn't include the console market. Overwatch sold very well on both PC and consoles and still comes up in the top 20 games being played on Playstation, for example. And yes, you can run into the same people multiple times depending on the matchmaking and time of day, even on popular games.