Scourge Hook Perks 4+4=4

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited December 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

"At the start of the trial, 4 random hooks are changed into Scourge Hooks"

Why just why are Scourge Hook Perks not additive when it comes to the number of hooks? Using both Scourge Hook Perks and ending up with only 4 Scourge Hooks on the map is a huge Letdown.

I like the mechanic itself but this way there is no reason to make a Build around them.

How about make it 3 hooks per Perk, make the Hooks additive and slightly increase the effects?

Comments

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294
    edited December 2021

######### no, you would force players to use multiple of them, even tho Gift of pain is bad. Just 1 less would be way worse...

Just make basement work as scourge hook by default and I am fine with it.

If you wanna build around them, use agitation

• Casm
    Casm Member Posts: 61

Well, currently if you hook a survivor on any of the current scourge hooks, it triggers all the scourge hook effects. So, to allow room for future Scourge Hook perks, it works the way it currently does. Otherwise we'd eventually end up in a situation where a killer could run 4 scourge hook perks and nearly every hook on the map would be a scourge hook, each triggering 4 perks worth of effects when a survivor is hooked on one.

Even with your suggestion, it'd just be far too powerful. Having up to 12 hooks that each trigger 4 powerful scourge effects is too much. Either that or the effects of the scourge hooks would have to be watered down and nerfed to an acceptable level to accommodate that many potential hooks. Me personally? I'd prefer them have more powerful effects but remain restricted 4 hooks, but that's just me.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

I'd say have it be 4 scourged hooks spawn for the first scourge hook perk.

Then 2 more scourged hooks spawn for the 2nd perk.

Finally no new hooks for the 3rd and 4th perks.

Also just make the basement always a scourge hook as that's a special hook anyways.

So there is never more then 6 normal scourge hooks and the basement scourge hook(Its kinda weird that the basement hook isn't an empowered hook).

It would make having 2 of the perks more reliable without the stacking turning every hook into an scourge hook.

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 646

Scourge Hooks just give me more of a reason to use Agi-Grasp. Those are my favorite killer perks. Survivors take full advantage of themselves being carried, and that combo mitigates that altogether. I can search of players while carrying. Hit them off of gens. The combo is it’s own STFBL, and can even help build stacks for STBFL. Now when I hook players they’re “Cursed”? Oh yeah. Gift of Pain is lame but the new one is pretty decent.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,724

I think having 4 scourge hooks is fine; gift of pain is just too weak to warrant that and should be buffed directly. For pain resonance I think 4 is perfect.

However, I do think scourge hooks should not break on a sacrifice or should only break temporarily.

• nikodemo
    nikodemo Member Posts: 779
    edited December 2021

Basement hooks should be scourge hooks.

Scourge hooks, like basement hooks, should not break.

Maybe 5 hooks instead of 4, but I think the first two points are more pressing.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,617

"Up to" four, not just plus four.

I don't think making them additive would be a great idea, though. Maybe increase the amount that spawn if you have a scourge hook perk, but even then, I feel like the number is okay.

Regarding basement hooks being Scourged, I like that but I want that to be what Monstrous Shrine does so it'll actually have a use in Scourge Hook builds.

• Viamont
    Viamont Member Posts: 304

I rater se as a starter, that ALL hook on the basement are considered scourge to being with, then hooks outside it are the random ones.

That would give them a huge value and make them far more viable, everyone knows that scourge hooks sometimes spawn in the most horrible posible way, with this they would be somewhat reliable.

In the case of 2 hook perks they could have colors, that way you know what they do, i doubt they would allow scourge hooks to have stacking efects, but in all honesty that would be really interesting to se happen.

On the amount, two hook perks should be independant of each other, having 4 and 4 for each perk, that would be much better