The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Slugging and Hatch mechanic

Alright so i have an idea around the slugging mechanic. Hear me out. We've all been there where the killer is doing a slug build and running around just dropping everyone. That can be fun to play, usually makes the games long but its entertaining from time to time. The slugging for the 4k though is where the game gets EXTREMELY boring. This usually results in 1 person laying on the ground for 5 min while the other person (generally urban evader lol) usually just ends up running around trying to hide. I propose the person left on the ground after 1 or 2 min (balancing maybe needed) but the person should get the options to kill themselves. If the person is trying to pick them up then yes it gives them a chance, if not though why should they be forced to sit there and watch for 5 min while everyone runs around them. I know killers are gonna hate this idea cause heaven forbid they don't get the 4k. I'm simply suggesting this to reduce the long boring end games that happen. Killer mains cant tell me they don't get bored and frustrated walking around for 5 min trying to find someone. Anyway just a thought. Lets here thoughts.

Comments

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072

1) slugging give nothing in emblem system so someone who may want to down pip may use it
    2) if you can "#########" what the survivor will lose, right now the only way to do something close to it is by DC so survivors will need to lose something in return like half the points they have.
    3) i know many survivors that will "#########" the moment they see the killer ( nurse, bill, legion, spirit... ) so in order to avoid that you need to put time (but keep in mind death from slugging is around 3 min ).
    4) "#########" will give anything to the killer like points or emblem?

• DarkGGhost

bad word = kill themselves

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

bad word = kill themselves

I dont think saying "kill themselves" in this context is bannable.
  • Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    • The dying state timer is 3 minutes, not 5.
    • The counter to slugging is recover to max immediately.
    • The standing survivors perform drive-by heals on the fully recovered.

If you don’t fully recover when a killer is slugging, then you are part of the problem. Don’t be part of the problem, and immediately recover to max.

• mgs2020
    mgs2020 Member Posts: 35

@DarkGGhost said:
    1) slugging give nothing in emblem system so someone who may want to down pip may use it
    2) if you can "[BAD WORD]" what the survivor will lose, right now the only way to do something close to it is by DC so survivors will need to lose something in return like half the points they have.
    3) i know many survivors that will "[BAD WORD]" the moment they see the killer ( nurse, bill, legion, spirit... ) so in order to avoid that you need to put time (but keep in mind death from slugging is around 3 min ).
    4) "[BAD WORD]" will give anything to the killer like points or emblem?

In return to points 1 and 4, The killer should receive half the points of a sacrifice if the survivor chooses to do so. The killer has the option to get the full points of the sacrifice and has 1 or 2 min to do so still.

For point 2 I don't understand why the survivor should be punished for not wanting to sit in the match doing nothing. If you're killing yourself on hook you lose your chance to continue the match, get more points and lose any items you have. I feel same rules should apply.

For point 3 I did point a time. Essentially I'm suggesting after being left on the ground for 1 or 2 minutes in 1 instance give the option to self sacrifice if you will.

• mgs2020

@Kaelum said:

• The dying state timer is 3 minutes, not 5.
    • The counter to slugging is recover to max immediately.
    • The standing survivors perform drive-by heals on the fully recovered.

If you don’t fully recover when a killer is slugging, then you are part of the problem. Don’t be part of the problem, and immediately recover to max.

Mb on the bleed out timer. Definitely feels a lot longer on the ground and still I feel like a reduction or that option could provide some quality of life changes.

I'm saying that exact thing. You recover to full but your teammate refuses to pick you up. Instead the sit in the corners hiding waiting to either be found or you bleed out. This is where that option should come into play. The person on the ground is left helpless and sitting there.

• DarkGGhost

@mgs2020 said:

@DarkGGhost said:
    2) if you can "[BAD WORD]" what the survivor will lose, right now the only way to do something close to it is by DC so survivors will need to lose something in return like half the points they have.
    3) i know many survivors that will "[BAD WORD]" the moment they see the killer ( nurse, bill, legion, spirit... ) so in order to avoid that you need to put time (but keep in mind death from slugging is around 3 min ).

In return to points 1 and 4, The killer should receive half the points of a sacrifice if the survivor chooses to do so. The killer has the option to get the full points of the sacrifice and has 1 or 2 min to do so still.

For point 2 I don't understand why the survivor should be punished for not wanting to sit in the match doing nothing. If you're killing yourself on hook you lose your chance to continue the match, get more points and lose any items you have. I feel same rules should apply.

For point 3 I did point a time. Essentially I'm suggesting after being left on the ground for 1 or 2 minutes in 1 instance give the option to self sacrifice if you will.

For point 2 what if we are in the endgame and the killer slugging in order to take the 4k ( yes is a bad move but it's still a way to play). When you give no punished you rewarding bad plays ( same times) and give to players the ability to leave the game other than dc. At the same time, you help the survivors that want to downrank because you say keep your points and lose the pip at the same time. Yes, this idea should work the same with the hook but unlike the hook, slugging give nothing to the emblem so you take the pip from the killer too. The time you use it's a problem too you see you if take less than a hook kill then it's just bad and if you need 2 min what happens if you get down multiple times and don't have 2 min.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@mgs2020 said:
    Alright so i have an idea around the slugging mechanic. Hear me out. We've all been there where the killer is doing a slug build and running around just dropping everyone. That can be fun to play, usually makes the games long but its entertaining from time to time. The slugging for the 4k though is where the game gets EXTREMELY boring. This usually results in 1 person laying on the ground for 5 min while the other person (generally urban evader lol) usually just ends up running around trying to hide. I propose the person left on the ground after 1 or 2 min (balancing maybe needed) but the person should get the options to kill themselves. If the person is trying to pick them up then yes it gives them a chance, if not though why should they be forced to sit there and watch for 5 min while everyone runs around them. I know killers are gonna hate this idea cause heaven forbid they don't get the 4k. I'm simply suggesting this to reduce the long boring end games that happen. Killer mains cant tell me they don't get bored and frustrated walking around for 5 min trying to find someone. Anyway just a thought. Lets here thoughts.

Slugging is the only counter to the hatch mechanic currently. And even that can be countered by DCing (sad that its not punished)

• Kaelum
    mgs2020 said:

Mb on the bleed out timer. Definitely feels a lot longer on the ground and still I feel like a reduction or that option could provide some quality of life changes.

I'm saying that exact thing. You recover to full but your teammate refuses to pick you up. Instead the sit in the corners hiding waiting to either be found or you bleed out. This is where that option should come into play. The person on the ground is left helpless and sitting there.

If it prevents the hatch from opening, then yes. If the hatch would be allowed to open, then no.  There needs to be a downside to prevent it from being exploited by hatch escapees.
  • mgs2020

@DarkGGhost said:

@mgs2020 said:

@DarkGGhost said:

For point 2 what if we are in the endgame and the killer slugging in order to take the 4k ( yes is a bad move but it's still a way to play). When you give no punished you rewarding bad plays ( same times) and give to players the ability to leave the game other than dc. At the same time, you help the survivors that want to downrank because you say keep your points and lose the pip at the same time. Yes, this idea should work the same with the hook but unlike the hook, slugging give nothing to the emblem so you take the pip from the killer too. The time you use it's a problem too you see you if take less than a hook kill then it's just bad and if you need 2 min what happens if you get down multiple times and don't have 2 min.

The entire thought process behind this is to reduce the, in your words, "bad move" as it makes the game less enjoyable. Why are killers so against the hatch mechanic and 1 survivor having a chance to escape? I don't get it.

The pip system with it could be changed, that's a balancing thing to look at. Again if the survivor chooses to do so count it like half what a sacrifice gives in terms of pips. I feel there is lots of ways to balance out the pipping system if you look at it.

I don't follow what you're trying to say in the last sentence, sorry I don't know what to say in terms of it.

• mgs2020

@Master said:

@mgs2020 said:

Slugging is the only counter to the hatch mechanic currently. And even that can be countered by DCing (sad that its not punished)

How is it not punished? If the survivor chooses to dc to give another survivor hatch possibility they are literally giving up any items they have, all match points earned and suffer a double depip… how is that not a punishment?

• bloxe
    bloxe Member Posts: 81
    edited January 2019
    mgs2020 said:

Why are killers so against the hatch mechanic and 1 survivor having a chance to escape? I don't get it.
    Because IT PUNISHES FOR BEING A GOOD KILLER. Its hard to understand??
    Post edited by bloxe on
  • mgs2020

@bloxe said:
    mgs2020 said:

Why are killers so against the hatch mechanic and 1 survivor having a chance to escape? I don't get it.

And if youre with 4 randoms and you are an amazing survivor but they do nothing that survivor is still punished Youre more team dependent as a survivor.

• Master

@mgs2020 said:

@Master said:

@mgs2020 said:

How is it not punished? If the survivor chooses to dc to give another survivor hatch possibility they are literally giving up any items they have, all match points earned and suffer a double depip… how is that not a punishment?

Since pips and BP are completelty meaningless after some time (especialyl on survivor you dont need Bp), it is indeed no punishment. I was talking abaout punishmentrs in the sense of queue time penalty and actual acc banns

• Master

@mgs2020 said:

@bloxe said:
    mgs2020 said:

And if youre with 4 randoms and you are an amazing survivor but they do nothing that survivor is still punished Youre more team dependent as a survivor.

You should not be able to do well in a teamgame if your team is horrible, just my opinion though

• mgs2020

@Master said:

@mgs2020 said:

@Master said:

@mgs2020 said:

Since pips and BP are completelty meaningless after some time (especialyl on survivor you dont need Bp), it is indeed no punishment. I was talking abaout punishmentrs in the sense of queue time penalty and actual acc banns

Then there would need to be similar punishment for killer dodging ques.

• mgs2020

@Master said:

@mgs2020 said:

@bloxe said:
    mgs2020 said:

You should not be able to do well in a teamgame if your team is horrible, just my opinion though

So the killer has complete control. If killer is good and the survivor is great but has 3 crap teammates he is still punished and killer is rewarded. That doesn't make sense. Hence the hatch mechanic. If you go to the other thread I accidentally made on the same subject, someone else made a great suggestion IMO for the hatch mechanic fix.

• Kaelum

@mgs2020 said:

This is a joke, right? The devs WANT people to dodge lobbies, and not while in-game. How many times do the devs need to repeat themselves?

• mgs2020

@Kaelum said:

@mgs2020 said:

This is a joke, right? The devs WANT people to dodge lobbies, and not while in-game. How many times do the devs need to repeat themselves?

Then give the survivor the killers profile name so they know the person they are up against and they can dodge in lobbies instead of game.

• Master

@mgs2020 said:

@Master said:

@mgs2020 said:

@bloxe said:
    mgs2020 said:

So the killer has complete control. If killer is good and the survivor is great but has 3 crap teammates he is still punished and killer is rewarded. That doesn't make sense. Hence the hatch mechanic. If you go to the other thread I accidentally made on the same subject, someone else made a great suggestion IMO for the hatch mechanic fix.

Yes thats how it supposed to be in a teamgame.
    Because it cant be real that the killer only has control if the survivors are bad

• Kaelum

@mgs2020 said:
    Then give the survivor the killers profile name so they know the person they are up against and they can dodge in lobbies instead of game.

No, and again the devs have stated their reasons why numerous times. Instead, PC needs the same mechanism that consoles have. On console, we can block anyone, which means they can’t message, invite, or play with whomever blocked them.

• mgs2020

@Kaelum said:

@mgs2020 said:

No, and again the devs have stated their reasons why numerous times. Instead, PC needs the same mechanism that consoles have. On console, we can block anyone, which means they can’t message, invite, or play with whomever blocked them.

That is true, I'll agree with that point as a solution.

• mgs2020

@Master said:

@mgs2020 said:

@Master said:

@mgs2020 said:

@bloxe said:
    mgs2020 said:

Because it cant be real that the killer only has control if the survivors are bad

But giving one person the chance at escape only if the survivors due ok and get atleast 2 gens done isn't taking control away from the killer. Its giving a potential reward for survivors not being terrible. If the escape mechanic for 1 didn't exist this game would have %60 or higher games where the killer gets a 4k, survivors all get 10k or less bp and killer ends up with 30k or close to. I feel the hatch mechanic could use some tweaking for preventing stand offs and long drawn out games because of slugging which is what I'm suggesting however the removal of the mechanic where 1 survivor gets the potential chance to escape would result in a major drop in players forsure.

• Master

@mgs2020 said:

@Master said:

@mgs2020 said:

@Master said:

@mgs2020 said:

@bloxe said:
    mgs2020 said:

But giving one person the chance at escape only if the survivors due ok and get atleast 2 gens done isn't taking control away from the killer. Its giving a potential reward for survivors not being terrible. If the escape mechanic for 1 didn't exist this game would have %60 or higher games where the killer gets a 4k, survivors all get 10k or less bp and killer ends up with 30k or close to. I feel the hatch mechanic could use some tweaking for preventing stand offs and long drawn out games because of slugging which is what I'm suggesting however the removal of the mechanic where 1 survivor gets the potential chance to escape would result in a major drop in players forsure.

Yeah yeah major player drop..... that kind of guy you are, I see :wink:

• mgs2020

@Master said:

@mgs2020 said:

@Master said:

@mgs2020 said:

@Master said:

@mgs2020 said:

@bloxe said:
    mgs2020 said:

Lol same could be said for you. Mr. I deserve 4k 95% of my matches lmao

• mgs2020

Lol same can be said for you. Mr I deserve a 4k 95% of my matches.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Kaelum said:
    On console, we can block anyone, which means they can’t message, invite, or play with whomever blocked them.

I don't know how it is on Xbox, but if you block someone on PS4, you will still get that person in your lobbies.

• Kaelum

@NoShinyPony I’m on PS4, and that does not happen. In fact, it is a requirement imposed by Sony that all games must adhere to. It can take up to an hour for the game to get the block, so it is possible to get matches with a blocked player up to an hour after you block them, but you should never be matched with them after that. You can contact Sony, if you need more information.

• mgs2020

@Master said:

@mgs2020 said:

@Master said:

@mgs2020 said:

@Master said:

@mgs2020 said:

@bloxe said:
    mgs2020 said:

Lol same can be said for you. Mr. I deserve a 4k 95% of my matches lmao

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Kaelum said:
    @NoShinyPony I’m on PS4, and that does not happen. In fact, it is a requirement imposed by Sony that all games must adhere to. It can take up to an hour for the game to get the block, so it is possible to get matches with a blocked player up to an hour after you block them, but you should never be matched with them after that. You can contact Sony, if you need more information.

I'm on PS4, too. And I can assure you that I got paired up with my players in my lobby that I blocked not hours, but weeks ago and that on a regular basis. If it got changed in the last time, then fine. But I had this occuring for months.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464

The hatch mechanic is the biggest pile of crap in the game.

The goal of the killer is to prevent gens being completed, the gates opened, and the survivors escaping.

The goal of the survivors complete the gens, open the gates and get out.

Right now all that is required is less than 50% of that goal for the last guy to get a free way out.

"But what if i have bad teammates" well now this is where the plot thickens, if this game is supposed to be a team game, your team lost you take the loss even with randoms it's how every game works, you don't get a free win if you're team didn't perform.

"It's not a team game" ok remove SWF.