It's Been Two Years, PLEASE Change Decisive Strike

Options

I'm stunned (pun unintended) that this perk is still a get out of jail free card after two YEARS! It is extremely game-breaking and shouldn't of existed in the first place. With my proposition, you don't need to worry about creating new animations and all that jazz. The perk will instead keep its effect but with a twist.

Decisive Strike is a perk belonging to Laurie Strode, whose perks are centered around being an independent survivor. Her perk Sole Survivor relies on her teammates being dead, and Object of Obsession affects and benefits her and the killer ONLY. Because of this, I think it would make sense for Decisive Strike to only be usable when there is only ONE survivor left. This makes Decisive Strike more fitting to Laurie’s lore, and is more of a risk and reward perk than it was before since you have the chance of not being able to use the perk at all (All obsession perks are supposed to be high risk high reward as stated by the developers).

Also, tier 3 Enduring reduces the stun only by 55%, not the intended 75%.

TL;DR

If Decisive Strike were to be used only by the last survivor alive, it would be more fair towards the killer, a higher risk in using the perk due to potentially not being able to use the perk at all, and more fitting to Laurie’s lore of being an independent survivor. Enduring reduces the stun by 55% instead of 75%.

Comments

• WaffleFalafel
    WaffleFalafel Member Posts: 384
    Options
    This doesn't fix anything. This exasperates the Hatch problem, is a detriment to solo survivors, and still keeps the issue of a killer not being rewarded for winning a chase. This needs a rework, not a Nerf.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options

If it's extremely game breaking for you then you are just bad, sorry. Many other killers can deal with that, including myself.

• Vietfox
    Options

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:
    If it's extremely game breaking for you then you are just bad, sorry. Many other killers can deal with that, including myself.

DS is gamebreaking when people use it well, just because some veggie uses DS and dies doesn't mean everyone uses it like that.

Just because someone uses DS and some veggie loses that survivor doesn't mean it's gamebreaking. It might be a guaranteed escaped if used when the gates are open, but that means that survivor didn't have to use it during the whole match.

• Vietfox
    Options

@Kind_Lemon said:
    I've destroyed several killer's momentum through DS and made them lose everything halfway through the match. Cheers to another year of unbalanced gameplay!

And i've downed several DS users in less than 15 seconds, guess this works both ways.

@yeet said:
    people who say that DS isn't fundamentally broken and unfun to play against are either being disingenuous or are poor survivors

people who say that DS is broken are either being disingenuous or are poor killers. Few times DS has been an issue to me.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

@Vietfox said:

@Kind_Lemon said:
    I've destroyed several killer's momentum through DS and made them lose everything halfway through the match. Cheers to another year of unbalanced gameplay!

And i've downed several DS users in less than 15 seconds, guess this works both ways.

I guess it really depends on the location of the DS user. It's perfectly benign when it's out in the middle of a field (SANS CORN; PLZ NO CORN), but it is quite painful when DS is used next to multiple pallets, windows, and lockers against someone like Freddy or Leatherface.

• Vietfox
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Kind_Lemon said:

@Vietfox said:

@Kind_Lemon said:

I guess it really depends on the location of the DS user. It's perfectly benign when it's out in the middle of a field (SANS CORN; PLZ NO CORN), but it is quite painful when DS is used next to multiple pallets, windows, and lockers against someone like Freddy or Leatherface.

A part from running Enduring there are other ways to counter DS. I check my sorroundings before picking up the survivor and see the options i got.
    If i'm close to the basement i'll stand next to the stairs so once the survivor uses DS will stagger when hitting the stairs.
    If hook is near i'll just dribble (nothing new).
    If i'm too far from the hook to dribble i'll try to stand somewhere where i can block the path to the area with most windows or pallets and try to force the survivor to go to the side i want.
    If you are playing as Leatherface and they get into a locker just hit the locker with the chainsaw, you´ll be surprised of how many rank 1 survivors leave the locker right after that thinking that they are safe.
    Edit: another option is to wait till they are close to a hook to down them. (unless you see they are gonna vault a window or a pallet of course)

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    Options

@Vietfox said:

@Kind_Lemon said:

@yeet said:
    people who say that DS isn't fundamentally broken and unfun to play against are either being disingenuous or are poor survivors

people who say that DS is broken are either being disingenuous or are poor killers. Few times DS has been an issue to me.

even 15 seconds can lose a game

• Vietfox
    Options
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

@Kind_Lemon said:

@yeet said:

@yeet
    And i can lose a game even if it's 0 seconds, what's your point? I'm not gonna win every match and that's fine.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Kind_Lemon said:

@Vietfox said:

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

DS is gamebreaking when people use it well, just because some veggie uses DS and dies doesn't mean everyone uses it like that.

Just because someone uses DS and some veggie loses that survivor doesn't mean it's gamebreaking. It might be a guaranteed escaped if used when the gates are open, but that means that survivor didn't have to use it during the whole match.

Shame on you..... stop abusing it pls, killers are humans too :sarcastic:

• yeet
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

@Kind_Lemon said:

@yeet said:

@yeet
    And i can lose a game even if it's 0 seconds, what's your point? I'm not gonna win every match and that's fine.

losing merely because person picked X perk isn't good game design

• Vietfox
    Options

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

@Kind_Lemon said:

@yeet said:

@yeet

Many perks make the difference between losing and winning depending on the situation. DS is not different, can be useful sometimes and other times survivors die without having the chance to use it.

• yeet
    Options

@Vietfox said:

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

@Kind_Lemon said:

@yeet said:

@yeet

Many perks make the difference between losing and winning depending on the situation. DS is not different, can be useful sometimes and other times survivors die without having the chance to use it.

@Vietfox said:

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

@Kind_Lemon said:

@yeet said:

@yeet

no where near the extent DS can lets be real

• bloxe
    bloxe Member Posts: 81
    Options
    Also, the most important part to me: unless youre lucky to get it at the shrine, you have to BUY IT for real money. 

I already bought the ######### game. Stop with the ######### real-money-only characters.
  • shyguyy
    shyguyy Member Posts: 298
    Options

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

@Kind_Lemon said:

@yeet said:

@yeet

@Vietfox said:

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

@Kind_Lemon said:

@yeet said:

@yeet

N O E D B O Y Z

• yeet
    Options

@shyguyy said:

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

@Kind_Lemon said:

@yeet said:

@yeet

@Vietfox said:

@yeet said:

@Vietfox said:
    yeet said:

@Vietfox said:

@Kind_Lemon said:

@yeet said:

@yeet

N O E D B O Y Z

noed has reliable counterplay

• shyguyy
    Options

And DS doesn't? You can dribble, you can slug, you can drop people off of ledges with it so they get momentarily stunned, you can run enduring, they could simply miss the skill check... Do you really think DS is that bad? It's hilarious when people whine about DS to me when perks like Sprint Burst or Adrenaline exist. I love it when people run DS because it is so ridiculously predictable. The only time it is an issue is when more than one person runs it. (Not because of multiple DS - because you can't predict that they have it.)

• AgentApple50
    AgentApple50 Member Posts: 38
    Options

@shyguyy said:
    And DS doesn't? You can dribble, you can slug, you can drop people off of ledges with it so they get momentarily stunned, you can run enduring, they could simply miss the skill check... Do you really think DS is that bad? It's hilarious when people whine about DS to me when perks like Sprint Burst or Adrenaline exist. I love it when people run DS because it is so ridiculously predictable. The only time it is an issue is when more than one person runs it. (Not because of multiple DS - because you can't predict that they have it.)

"Dribbling" is an excuse the developers use so they don't have to change Decisive Strike, and has been nerfed too! Dribbling can also be countered by body blocking and flashlight saves. Unbreakable and No Mither counter slugging, dropping people off ledges is EXTREMELY situational, and Enduring reduces the effect by only 55%. Yeah Sprint Burst is dumb because it rewards bad positioning and Adrenaline because it's Adrenaline, but none of those are not even remotely as broken as Decisive Strike. Just because you know they have Decisive Strike doesn't make it any less broken.

NOED has a counter to it. You can disable NOED before it even activates. There is NO counter to Decisive Strike. Enduring doesn't counter it, just reduces its effects. Unnerving Presence reduces the chance they will hit it, but benefits the Survivors in the long run since they have the opportunity to hit more Great Skill Checks.

• shyguyy
    Options

When/how did they nerf dribbling exactly? Yes NOED can be countered, just like DS can as I have shown in my post. None of those counters seem reliable enough to you though because of other survivors putting themselves in harms way, 2 rare perks and Enduring ONLY being 55%. (still extremely good vs DS) Maybe I'm just a god killer and DS doesn't effect me the way it does you mere mortals.

• AgentApple50
    AgentApple50 Member Posts: 38
    Options

@shyguyy said:
    When/how did they nerf dribbling exactly? Yes NOED can be countered, just like DS can as I have shown in my post. None of those counters seem reliable enough to you though because of other survivors putting themselves in harms way, 2 rare perks and Enduring ONLY being 55%. (still extremely good vs DS) Maybe I'm just a god killer and DS doesn't effect me the way it does you mere mortals.

A while ago the devs nerfed dropping survivors so that when you drop a survivor, the wiggle meter is filled by 33% instead of what I believe was 25%. The counters you suggest don't counter DS, but merely delay the inevitable.

The effectiveness of a DS strike is all in the hands of the Survivor, not the killer.

• shyguyy
    Options

If you have to dribble them more than twice you shouldn't be dribbling them in the first place.

Just curious - how many hours do you have in the game?

• M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    Options
    Vietfox said:

Vietfox, everyone on this forum sees your comments. You have never touched killer in your life

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

@M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:

Vietfox, everyone on this forum sees your comments. You have never touched killer in your life

I doubt that.

I play Killer a lot and while DS is annoying, it's better to eat the strike instead of being too afraid to deal it. DS is stronger because of this. It is stronger because so many Killers stop themselves from playing effectively just IN CASE they get hit by DS. Take the DS and they won't have it anymore, or if its so bad take perks that help mitigate it. Or, better yet, both.

• Vietfox
    Options
    M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:

@M2Fream
    I'm not at home so i'm gonna send you a kinda outdated pic. Happy now?

Please tell me again i don't play as a killer.
  • Vietfox
    Options

@M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:

I doubt that.

I play Killer a lot and while DS is annoying, it's better to eat the strike instead of being too afraid to deal it. DS is stronger because of this. It is stronger because so many Killers stop themselves from playing effectively just IN CASE they get hit by DS. Take the DS and they won't have it anymore, or if its so bad take perks that help mitigate it. Or, better yet, both.

@GodDamn_Angela
    You see? The problem is that many people think i don't play as a killer simply because i don't support every op suggestion for killers.
    They call it "for the sake of balance",i call it "for the sake of my clumsiness"
  • Vietfox
    Options
    M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:

@M2Fream
    Btw, that awesome you got is mine. I love it when people assume i don't play as a killer and then realize they were wrong :)
  • M2Fream
    Options
    Vietfox said:
    M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:

@M2Fream
    Btw, that awesome you got is mine. I love it when people assume i don't play as a killer and then realize they were wrong :)
    Vietfox said:
    M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:

@M2Fream
    Ok but I'm not wrong...
  • GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    @GodDamn_Angela
    You see? The problem is that many people think i don't play as a killer simply because i don't support every op suggestion for killers.
    They call it "for the sake of balance",i call it "for the sake of my clumsiness"

Yeah, I don't get it. Just because you see the balance of the game differently than them, and disagree with their suggestion, doesn't mean you are biased against Killers or Survivors. You just have different experiences and see things differently.

But people like to come up with anything to shut down and dismiss criticism of those who disagree with them.

• Vietfox
    Options
    M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:
    M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:

@M2Fream
    Vietfox said:
    M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:

@M2Fream
    Ok but I'm not wrong...
    @M2Fream
    How can't you be wrong? You said i never played as a killer and i proved it with pics lol.
    And you know what's funny? Believe or not i'm better as a killer than as a survivor.
  • M2Fream
    Options
    Vietfox said:
    M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:
    M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:

@M2Fream
    Vietfox said:
    M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:

@M2Fream
    Ok but I'm not wrong...
    @M2Fream
    How can't you be wrong? You said i never played as a killer and i proved it with pics lol.
    And you know what's funny? Believe or not i'm better as a killer than as a survivor.
    1) I don't see any pictures

2) I find it hard to believe that you are better at killer than survivor when killer is generally harder to play. Any time anyone on this forum asks for a killer buff you jump on them and tell them they just suck. That's not being skilled. That's just stupid.
  • Vietfox
    edited December 2018
    Options
    M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:
    M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:
    M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:

@M2Fream
    Vietfox said:
    M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:

@M2Fream
    Ok but I'm not wrong...
    @M2Fream

2) I find it hard to believe that you are better at killer than survivor when killer is generally harder to play. Any time anyone on this forum asks for a killer buff you jump on them and tell them they just suck. That's not being skilled. That's just stupid.
    @M2Frame Ok i'll send it again.

Rank 1 killer hag main (i play with most killers though), can you see it now?
    2 things:
    1- if you payed more attention you would see me in different threads asking for buffs for specific killers, the ones who really need it, like leatherface. Feel free to check my comments out in my profile.
    2 - it's hard to believe that i do better as a killer than as a survivor becauae APPARENTLY i refuse any kind of killer buff? Well, if we apply the logic wouldn't make sense to ask for buffs (which i do, as i said) for a role which i already dominate and get good results. Like a thread from a few days ago asking to buff the hag, sure, like she needs to be buffed lol.
    I jump to this kind of suggestions because people don't realize that it's them, not the killer's fault. I know it's hard to accept but everyone has to face the reality.
    Just one last thing, how often do you play as a survivor. I'm asking because in case you didnt know playing as survivor makes you a way better killer.
  • M2Fream
    Options
    Vietfox said:
    M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:
    M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:
    M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:

@M2Fream
    Vietfox said:
    M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:

@M2Fream
    Ok but I'm not wrong...
    @M2Fream

2 things:
    1- if you payed more attention you would see me in different threads asking for buffs for specific killers, the ones who really need it, like leatherface. Feel free to check my comments out in my profile.
    2 - it's hard to believe that i do better as a killer than as a survivor becauae APPARENTLY i refuse any kind of killer buff? Well, if we apply the logic wouldn't make sense to ask for buffs (which i do, as i said) for a role which i already dominate and get good results. Like a thread from a few days ago asking to buff the hag, sure, like she needs to be buffed lol.
    I jump to this kind of suggestions because people don't realize that it's them, not the killer's fault. I know it's hard to accept but everyone has to face the reality.
    Just one last thing, how often do you play as a survivor. I'm asking because in case you didnt know playing as survivor makes you a way better killer.
    Ok. I did jump to conclusion and possibly embellish a bit and for that I apologize. Sometimes, to me, it just seems like when people ask for over-the-top killer buffs, you put them down a little harsh.
    Of course i agree that certain killers need buffs. Cannible, trapper, wraith, pig, legion. 
    But I also think killers in general need buffs. Real buffs to counter gen rush. Not band-aid perks. That's all. But do you think gen rush is a problem?
  • Vietfox
    Options
    M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:
    M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:
    M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:
    M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:

@M2Fream
    Vietfox said:
    M2Fream said:
    Vietfox said:

@M2Fream
    Ok but I'm not wrong...
    @M2Fream

2 things:
    Ok. I did jump to conclusion and possibly embellish a bit and for that I apologize. Sometimes, to me, it just seems like when people ask for over-the-top killer buffs, you put them down a little harsh.
    Of course i agree that certain killers need buffs. Cannible, trapper, wraith, pig, legion. 
    But I also think killers in general need buffs. Real buffs to counter gen rush. Not band-aid perks. That's all. But do you think gen rush is a problem?
    @M2Frame
    Depending on who's the killer and who is the PLAYER behind that killer. Genrush can happen, but it usually happens to bad killers, and if survivors are good and manage to do 2 or 3 gens in no time your smartest course of action should be to locate 3 gens close to each other and start the 3 gen strat.
    Honestly i dont know about the others, but i've never been genrushed the way people say it happens here on the forums, and if survivors genrush me they probably deserve it, most likely it will be my fault. Sadly not everyone can admit when they did wrong.
    Some people think i'm 100% antikiller because i disagree with ridiculous suggestions, just that.
    When people make suggestions, many of them, come from their desire of getting easy matches, voluntarily or not, and believe me when i say that is not gonna be good for anyone to go from a survivor sided game like back in 2017 to a killer sided game.
    I think the correct order to fix this game is by starting with especific things, like killers,and then tweak the mechanics yet to be fixed.
  • Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113
    Options

@Vietfox said:

@Vietfox said:

• Vietfox
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Vietfox said:

@Vietfox said:

I never said i was a killer main, but if you wanna know i play 60% survivor 40% killer. Please learn to read before quoting me twice :)
    Edit: also if you look my other comments you'll see i'm a rank 1 killer.
    Post edited by Vietfox on
  • Timo425
    Timo425 Member Posts: 20
    Options

@Vietfox said:

Just because you can deal with that doesn't mean it's not broken or just bad perk design. I personally find DS just really annoying to deal with and it CAN be quite devastating in the hands of good survivors.

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

@Vietfox said:
    M2Fream said:

Vietfox said:

@M2Fream

Hey you just rekt him, good job :)

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    Options

No perk should give survivors a free escape in the current state of the game. Given how hard an M1 killer has to work to catch a single decent survivor, spitting in their face for finally nabbing them is the worst way to reward them.

I could understand all of these second chance perks if the game was far more lethal to survivors, but as it stands with maps the way they are, it's too much.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

@shyguyy said:
    And DS doesn't? You can dribble, you can slug, you can drop people off of ledges with it so they get momentarily stunned, you can run enduring, they could simply miss the skill check... ... The only time it is an issue is when more than one person runs it.

You make it sound like that was a rare thing but you get 2-3 D-Strikes per game a lot, at least in high ranks.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912
    Options

it will never get changed or nerfed. survivors would outrage and reviewbomb the game again.

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

@BadMrFrosty said:
    No perk should give survivors a free escape in the current state of the game. Given how hard an M1 killer has to work to catch a single decent survivor, spitting in their face for finally nabbing them is the worst way to reward them.

I could understand all of these second chance perks if the game was far more lethal to survivors, but as it stands with maps the way they are, it's too much.

My diagnosis for players asking that ds be nerfed