Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

You have to follow MY rulebook but I play how I want!

In dbd, there are people that think that the opposite side has to play of THEY want, yet they can do whatever they want.

On the killer side, there are players that think that the survivors are toxic for t-bagging them despite having camped and attacked survivors off the hook. They think that playing in boring ways is fine for them but survivors getting cocky afterwards at the gates is SO toxic.

On the survivor side, there are survivors that think that the killer is damn toxic to camp and tunnel them after they t-bagged and flashlight clicked. But they do not realize that they basically asked the killer for attention by doing so, which they got!

Stop complaining about the other side`s "toxicity" if you yourself do not respect their rules. If they do not have any right to impose made up rules on you, then why would you have the right to dictate a rulebook for them? Seriously, the end game chat can be ridiculous sometimes XD

Comments

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942

This is true, but some people aren't "toxic" and actually play respectfully and only warrant their own "toxic" behavior after experiencing toxicity from the opposing side. That or someone is just having a bad day and decided to make the game unfun for the opposing side which is fine. No one is gonna make the game fun for the other side because it's not their job.

But when people to complain about the things they label as toxic, although exhibiting toxic behavior themselves, then it does become annoying. But it all depends on what the other side deems as toxic. Tunneling & camping wouldn't fall under that category as it's a legitimate strategy.

Flashlight clicking & teabagging can be used just to get the killer to chase them and take aggro. If they get facecamped and tunneled, okay then, whatever.

BMing at exit gate is a different story, but either way, it just depends what both sides perceive as toxic.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

I don't think they "think". Most of them just act on their impulses and use words as tools to get their way.

• slunder
    slunder Member Posts: 247

@Mekochi "but but my strat is legitimate". You played how you want, you have no rule to dictate to me, period. If you think that you can start making all kinds of excuses for yourself, that everything you do is justified, then do not be surprised when the other side could not care less about your pseudo rules. No rules for you, no rules for me!

T-bagging at the exit gate, for example, is not getting you to depip, not be able to play the game or lose bloodpoints for something that you have almost no control over, and t-bagging for the killer to get your attention means that you are asking the killer for attention (so you get it lol). I to can start throwing all kinds of excuses for my actions while also thinking that everything else that is done to me is wrong, everyone can do that.

The point is, when killers or survivors think they are entitled to have a rulebook for the opposite side while also not giving a damn about the rules of this side, they have no room to complain about whatever happens to them in game. If you want non official rules applied to others, then why can't these other people apply their rules?

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

Camping isn't toxic. Shaking your head or something when you do it is, but not just camping.

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

It is made up😃

There are no rulebooks😂

They don't exist🤣

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I play how I would like to verse.

It's pretty simple to me, if you don't like it, don't do it to others.

• slunder

@danielmaster87 I agree, camping is not toxic. Just like it is not toxic to play how you want as survivor when the killer plays how he wants. If the killer decides he does what he wants, I will do what I want.

• danielmaster87

It's never that simple. That basically justifies anything the killer does as a reason to be toxic. Literally, fair game to BM is only when your opponent BMs first. It's something they do to annoy, not something that simply gives them an advantage.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

There is no excuse for being the first one to engage in pointless BM.

There's no excuse for absurd flashlight macros. FFS you do not need to be able to turn it on and off limited only by framerate.

• slunder

@danielmaster87 the game is not about YOUR rules specifically. If you can set up rules, then why can't the rest of the community set up some?

Bming is a bit toxic but it does not remove 99% of your chances to win, it does not remove most of the fun, it does not give a free kill or escape that requires no skill and it does not cause everyone to finish the game with less bloodpoints.

Your argument is that camping is a legitimate strategy. But bming can be a legitimate strategy if we use your logic, because a survivor t-bagging for the killer to follow you so that other survivors can finish gens is a strategy. Bming at the exit gate removed no chance you had to win.

At the end of the day, I will not follow the rules that are in my opponent's head if that opponent always makes excuses to play how he wants. What I try to avoid doing however, is going in the end game chat being salty, and what I will never do is to start making threats and spamming insults at the person (which some people do for some reason).

• danielmaster87

There's no double standards in what I said. BMing is specifically to annoy, and is not a strategy. Camping and tunneling can be annoying, but that's not the intention of those strategies.

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

If it's not bannable, it's permitted

Everything else is the talk of losers