About this Lightborn Debate

Options
2»

Comments

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Honestly, the aura reading can be a game changer, it's like I'm all ears except for an extra 4 seconds and you can predict their movement

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

And fire crackers also appear in chests as well, so there's now 2 types of blinding tools u can get in a trial

• clowninabout
    clowninabout Member Posts: 133
    Options

I only bring lightborn when I think I'll benefit from it. It's in no way a great perk or op, but in those niche situations it's really nice to have. I think that sums the perk up, nice to have when needed or totally useless waste of a slot if it never comes into play.

One thing I have noticed is that the sheer greed of survivors going for flashy saves or locked in animation blinds is immense. So many will keep trying over and over to do it. I mean I do fake that I don't have it, turning away or looking up etc but even so they are so greedy they won't give it up with the flashlights.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

I usually switch in Lightborn when I see 3-4 flashlights in the lobby. This teams are usually out for blood and the flashlight is their means of achieving this.

That being said, I am also pretty good at faking flashlight saves, ie I always look away and sometimes walk a bit off-kilter. Most of the times it works and they try it again and again, it's hilarious.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,921
    Options

I don't think there was even a real debate to start with, in terms that it was no issue until someone maybe brought it up as they may have had some whiner comment on them using it, and then all of a sudden it's led to videos which all more or less say the same thing: that it really isn't a strong perk and there's really no reason to complain about it.

Somewhere, somehow, an illusion of some huge debate has gotten about (it's being written about on online webzines and such! Had one appear on my Google feed), and yet pretty much nearly every single person who has commented on this issue agrees there is no issue! If anything, a separate debate about how good or bad the perk is in itself has gotten muddled in, which confused things a little, since both sides of that second debate agree it's not a perk people should whine about as well!

I feel this was maybe a little moan some player had against someone using it, and that person just wanted to vent that they couldn't believe some people were that way inclined, and suddenly everything spiralled.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    Options

Wait there’s a debate?

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

Well, yes, but actually, no.

If you wanna call "hur dur Lightborn is toxic! You're ruining your clickety clicky fun" and "serves you right, ya flashlight clicking (BAD WORSD) (BAD WORD) (BAD WORD) and (BAD WORD)!!! 1" a debate. Yet it went over several pages and even spilled outside of the community. What a time to ne alive (rolla eyes).

• Massquwatt
    Massquwatt Member Posts: 368
    Options

I don't really get the complaints around lightborn either. It's a perk that you see very rarely and something that's mostly ran as a meme. People will say you're just ruining their fun when you're running lightborn but they can still use the bloody things and do their clicky clicky thing to be annoying little gremlins. That being said the perk itself does have some actual niche uses like preventing locker grab blinds (although I think that's something that should just be removed from the game entirely anyway) but the problem with that is you really have no way of knowing if people are going to be trying that against you anyway. Still I wish lightborn would work with killer powers like preventing lightburn for wraith, protects hags traps, stops artist's crows from being destroyed and gives Nemesis's zombies blind immunity. It'd never happen but it'd be hilarious if it did.

• SammehStormborn
    SammehStormborn Member Posts: 147
    Options

But perks survivors use can make killer powers useless… it goes both ways.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

That just means that the unhealthiness exists on both sides, does it not? :P

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Lightborn is the best perk in the game because it makes survivors angry, think about it. Or don't, it really doesn't matter because I will be out there in the trenches ruining their fun.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

Funny cause people who usually "meme" only flashlight blind at pallets. I don't get how that in any way shape or form that's entertaining to them but whatever floats their boat.

• SomberNokk
    SomberNokk Member Posts: 732
    Options

Thats what Im saying, how does not being able to do that ruin a game? Ive seen some weird takes like "lightborn forces me to do gens which isnt fun".