We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Camping killers make no sense sometimes

Kim
Kim Member Posts: 76
I just played a game where a killer who was camping got mad at us because we did all five gens right before the survivor he was camping died. He “called us out” for gen rushing even tho he was camping, red ranks btw

Comments

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

I have similar experiences when camping. NOED pops, 4 survivors remain, I hook 1 with insta-down,, I camp, 3 flock to the hook like moths to a flame, I insta down one, the other two keep trying to pull me off hook...I insta down the 3rd and chase the 4th until I down him/her. Then I get "called out" for camping lol.

I love it when survivors get outplayed and they turn a 4scape into a 4k.

• Kim
    Kim Member Posts: 76
    Vietfox said:

I have similar experiences when camping. NOED pops, 4 survivors remain, I hook 1 with insta-down,, I camp, 3 flock to the hook like moths to a flame, I insta down one, the other two keep trying to pull me off hook...I insta down the 3rd and chase the 4th until I down him/her. Then I get "called out" for camping lol.

Didn't take long to get the first triggered killer to reply, good job OP :)
    i did it?
  • Attackfrog
    edited January 2019

@Vietfox said:
    Attackfrog said:

Actually, you replied before me, so you get the award.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

@Vietfox said:
    Attackfrog said:

Actually, you replied before me, so you get the reward.

But i wasn't triggered 😕
  • Attackfrog
    edited January 2019

@Vietfox said:
    Attackfrog said:

@Vietfox said:

Attackfrog said:

But i wasn't triggered 😕

But you were clearly champing at the bit to bash camping killers.

Figured I would share a fun story of my own.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

@Vietfox said:
    Attackfrog said:

@Vietfox said:

Attackfrog said:

But i wasn't triggered 😕

But you were clearly champing at the bit to bash camping killers.

Figured I would share a fun story of my own.

Oh, so it worked too? Nice :)
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Attackfrog said:

Who tf camps when using NOED. Just use Bloodwarden with NOED and you can turn it into a proper 4k.

Camping is OK after gates are open but camping with NOED means 1 of 2 things:

1) You're super salty that they ran you.

2) You must be really desperate for that kill.

But yeah I'd recommend running BW if u run NOED. Remember me is a good option too.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Kim said:
    I just played a game where a killer who was camping got mad at us because we did all five gens right before the survivor he was camping died. He “called us out” for gen rushing even tho he was camping, red ranks btw

A killer camps when he accepts that he cant win anymore.
    Genrush at red rank is one of the reasons why I dont like playing at red rank anymore :wink:

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Equip BT and rescue that survivor?
    I mean... it's not really hard to pull off...
  • lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

If you are camping on first hook, you are accepting the fact you know a gen rush is about to occur. Camping comes with risks, and camping on first hook comes with the risk you gonna get gen rushed for 3-5 gens. If your goal is to run an end game slaughter fest, that is your choice. Just realize that tactic may not work well either.

• Attackfrog

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

Who tf camps when using NOED. Just use Bloodwarden with NOED and you can turn it into a proper 4k.

But yeah I'd recommend running BW if u run NOED. Remember me is a good option too.

I camp with NOED if I have 0 kills. It's not not my initial strategy but Sometimes it works great (clearly).

And whatever combination of perks I used was clearly the right combination....because I 4k'd.

It only works against bad survivors though. Good ones will cleanse the totem, rush the hook (getting the one hit and exit.

• Poweas

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

I camp with NOED if I have 0 kills. It's not not my initial strategy but Sometimes it works great (clearly).

And whatever combination of perks I used was clearly the right combination....because I 4k'd.

It only works against bad survivors though. Good ones will cleanse the totem, rush the hook (getting the one hit and exit.

Yeah I don't know how potato that team was to rush a hook with NOED. Lol.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

Against an Over-Altruistic SWF, camping with NOED is effective.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301

@Kim said:

You can't really "call someone out" for Gen-Rushing anyways. You can only claim that at a high competitive level it's unbalanced.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649

Imagine using the word "outplayed" together with NOED. Guess you got everytime outplayed aswell if a survivor D-striked you, right? Lmao
  • redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Tsulan said:
    What if it's scratch mirror Myers with noed and monitor no tr no by trigger or maby they have insidus wait and then slug both
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Tsulan said:
    What if it's scratch mirror Myers with noed and monitor no tr no by trigger or maby they have insidus wait and then slug both
    What if it's a 4 man deathsquad with 4x DS, 4x SC, 4x SB, 2x BT, 2x Unbreakable, 2 Flashlights and 2 insta heals?

I can play this game too.
  • Attackfrog

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

Bad. Very bad. But sometimes it's worth doing (as killer) for.just that scenario. Easy 4scape, turned into 4k, then they call me the "bad killer".

And they are right...I made it to end game with 0ks. That's bad.

They turned it into a 4k.
    That's worse lol!

• Attackfrog

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Attackfrog said:

Imagine using the word "outplayed" together with NOED. Guess you got everytime outplayed aswell if a survivor D-striked you, right? Lmao

I am not sure if that was sarcasm?

Making it to end game with 0 kills is pretty bad. Them turning it into a 4k off my NOED is even more bad.

I guess nobody got outplayed. I played terribly, but they played even more terribly lol

• Poweas

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

Bad. Very bad. But sometimes it's worth doing (as killer) for.just that scenario. Easy 4scape, turned into 4k, then they call me the "bad killer".

That's worse lol!

True but quick question: Does NOED get you extra kills in EVERY game or do most of yours end with you winning?

I personally end up winning before gates are powered which is why I don't like NOED. But I'm curious if it actually helps some players because my idea of it is, is that it doesn't help a killer improve at all since they use it as a crutch but can you tell me what it does for you and if you feel like you can do well without it.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

@Kim said:

its called salty killers

• Zetara
    Zetara Member Posts: 31
    This happened to me last night. Was playing a game against a rank 2 Leather Face and I guess I pissed him off because he camped me to death while the others did all 5 gens be. He got really mad and salty. 
  • Attackfrog

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

That's worse lol!

True but quick question: Does NOED get you extra kills in EVERY game or do most of yours end with you winning?

I personally end up winning before gates are powered which is why I don't like NOED. But I'm curious if it actually helps some players because my idea of it is, is that it doesn't help a killer improve at all since they use it as a crutch but can you tell me what it does for you and if you feel like you can do well without it.

Sorry, to clarify: I run NOED on only a few killers. It's really risky and most killers have other perks that are better used (or so I think). When I do run it, by the time it pops, I have either done a bad job (4 survs left, in which case they are usually pretty good...I can maybe get a hit in before they cleanse it or escape...this would be an example of it being a crutch. If I am using it as a crutch, I am using it wrong) or if I am doing decent, there might be two left, in which case it helps me slug one, chase the last (though sometimes he/she will cleanse it before I find him/her) and sometimes it gets me another kill or two.

It is very rare when I run against good survivors that I get more than 1 hit after it pops. I run it almost always on Doc and I play a 3 gen, prolong the game strategy, so I am usually down to 2 survivors by the time NOED pops, I get the 3rd down and can usually easily find the 4th through madness. It just makes for a VERY long game, but consistent 3-4 k's if the survivors aren't paying attention to gen placement. If they do, then I am just screwed lol.

Bottom line is I take it anticipating a quick cleanse but to get me that first hit in once exit gates pop. On doc it just works so great because he has great tracking, but his shock and chase are not that great. That one hit with only 2 survs left makes a huge difference (but you really have to whittle them down to 2).

And sometimes I take it on Myers just to camp at end game and be a dick (nobody thinks you have it, and you surprise 1 shot them in EWII when they rush the hook...lol). In that scenario, they inevitably get the last laugh because if there are that many survivors left at end game, I have already lost...I'll maybe get 1k, but the post game salt is worth it...and there is always a chance for the scenario in my original post lol.

I am still pretty bad at nurse, so I will take it on her, and sometimes it gets me a down. But again, I am using it as a crutch on her because I almost always get to exit gates with her, it's nice to get a down in there. But then it's usually cleansed.

I have taken it on Billy because he is good without any perks and if I get to end game, they are probably good survivors (at least better than me on Billy) so they probably assume I am not running NOED (who would, right?), so you can M1 and down them, sometimes get 1 or two, just because they assume you aren't running it and will sacrifice a first hit for each other. It's fun, but hit or miss.

LF, spirit, Freddy, I don't take it on. I sometimes will even take Franklin's over NOED because I get more use out of it, especially if there is a Jeff and several toolboxes in a group. Without Franklin's, there's no hooks left against those guys lol!

• Poweas

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

@Poweas said:

@Attackfrog said:

That's worse lol!

Sorry, to clarify: I run NOED on only a few killers. It's really risky and most killers have other perks that are better used (or so I think). When I do run it, by the time it pops, I have either done a bad job (4 survs left, in which case they are usually pretty good...I can maybe get a hit in before they cleanse it or escape...this would be an example of it being a crutch. If I am using it as a crutch, I am using it wrong) or if I am doing decent, there might be two left, in which case it helps me slug one, chase the last (though sometimes he/she will cleanse it before I find him/her) and sometimes it gets me another kill or two.

It is very rare when I run against good survivors that I get more than 1 hit after it pops. I run it almost always on Doc and I play a 3 gen, prolong the game strategy, so I am usually down to 2 survivors by the time NOED pops, I get the 3rd down and can usually easily find the 4th through madness. It just makes for a VERY long game, but consistent 3-4 k's if the survivors aren't paying attention to gen placement. If they do, then I am just screwed lol.

Bottom line is I take it anticipating a quick cleanse but to get me that first hit in once exit gates pop. On doc it just works so great because he has great tracking, but his shock and chase are not that great. That one hit with only 2 survs left makes a huge difference (but you really have to whittle them down to 2).

And sometimes I take it on Myers just to camp at end game and be a dick (nobody thinks you have it, and you surprise 1 shot them in EWII when they rush the hook...lol). In that scenario, they inevitably get the last laugh because if there are that many survivors left at end game, I have already lost...I'll maybe get 1k, but the post game salt is worth it...and there is always a chance for the scenario in my original post lol.

I am still pretty bad at nurse, so I will take it on her, and sometimes it gets me a down. But again, I am using it as a crutch on her because I almost always get to exit gates with her, it's nice to get a down in there. But then it's usually cleansed.

I have taken it on Billy because he is good without any perks and if I get to end game, they are probably good survivors (at least better than me on Billy) so they probably assume I am not running NOED (who would, right?), so you can M1 and down them, sometimes get 1 or two, just because they assume you aren't running it and will sacrifice a first hit for each other. It's fun, but hit or miss.

LF, spirit, Freddy, I don't take it on. I sometimes will even take Franklin's over NOED because I get more use out of it, especially if there is a Jeff and several toolboxes in a group. Without Franklin's, there's no hooks left against those guys lol!

I see. Ok I've always been wondering about how people use it. Some advice for Nurse would be to try to memorise the survivors movespeed (playing survivor a lot reallys helps with this I mean it helped me get her down in 2 games), learn to predict your survivors, try to learn your accurate blinking distance and learn when you can lunge. Watch @Ardetha's guide for some help on Nurse. Trust me she's extremely strong. If you try learning those 4, you'll be able to play her like she's a piece of cake. I got her down in 2 games. Gl learning her <3

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Honestly, I'm so bored of playing survivor, I dread when my wife asks. If we face a Legion or a serious camper, I'll suicide (Legion) or dc. I want to have fun. Having fun means getting to participate in a chase, a back and forth. If I die, so what. If I die fast, it happens. But playing an M1 simulator while some azzhat camps another player is not fun. Boring af. Legion is also boring af to play against. Would rather die quickly and get to the next match. Yes, there are times in which camping is

Before anyone goes off about toxic this and that, I don't loop much. I tend to try and lose los and move to stealth. To me, looping is delaying the enevitable. I'd rather try to outright lose the killer.

That is not to say that there are no times in which camping is truly the best strategy, and those don't bother me at all. Faced a really fun LF the other night. Got the doors open and 3 of us were still left with one on the hook. He SMARTLY camped that hook. We worked and worked to save that survivor, we got to him just as he died though. The other two got out. We had a very fun and congratulatory conversation afterwards. Great match, lots of fun!

• Attackfrog

@Warlock_2020 said:
    Honestly, I'm so bored of playing survivor, I dread when my wife asks. If we face a Legion or a serious camper, I'll suicide (Legion) or dc. I want to have fun. Having fun means getting to participate in a chase, a back and forth. If I die, so what. If I die fast, it happens. But playing an M1 simulator while some azzhat camps another player is not fun. Boring af. Legion is also boring af to play against. Would rather die quickly and get to the next match. Yes, there are times in which camping is

Before anyone goes off about toxic this and that, I don't loop much. I tend to try and lose los and move to stealth. To me, looping is delaying the enevitable. I'd rather try to outright lose the killer.

That is not to say that there are no times in which camping is truly the best strategy, and those don't bother me at all. Faced a really fun LF the other night. Got the doors open and 3 of us were still left with one on the hook. He SMARTLY camped that hook. We worked and worked to save that survivor, we got to him just as he died though. The other two got out. We had a very fun and congratulatory conversation afterwards. Great match, lots of fun!

Self sacrifice on the hook is always an option. In fact, I would prefer it since it allows me to camp super fast and then resume the chase before the other survivors can finish any gens! I am all for hook-assisted-suicide.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Self sacrifice on the hook is always an option. In fact, I would prefer it since it allows me to camp super fast and then resume the chase before the other survivors can finish any gens! I am all for it.

Oh, my bad frog, campers get the DC. Legion gets the suicide. Not Leguon's fault he is so boring. 

Even with campers, if I'm in the mood to put up with a 10 year old salivating over the hook, I'll suffer through the m1 simulation and laugh at how 3 players got more BP than him, which should never happen. Camping is boring for everyone I involved. Why play a game to be bored?