Hag tips

I'm trying to pick up Hag again (because I've burned through every other killer and my friends tell me she's fun), but all the usual killer tips don't work with her and I can't seem to wrap my head around her power. The traps end up hurting me more than helping me, and I can't figure out how to effectively chase with her. Survivors either just run away while I'm setting a trap or set it off at a distance. Any tips?

Comments

• OneT
    OneT Member Posts: 6

The youtuber Michi made a guide for her, I think he's one of the strongest hag player I know, you should check his youtube channel

Also Otzdarva played competitives matches with her on his youtube channel !

I would say common mistakes are placing your traps too close to each other.

Be aware if you think a surv will trigger a trap soon so you don't lock yourself by being unable to teleport (while carrying a survivor or breaking pallets...)

"You are not a chase killer" mindset

Setup your web as soon as you can and try to keep a good web settings

Think ahead "where survivors will path ? Can they see my trap if I put it here ( playing in low quality settings would help) ? ..."

Basement hag is STRONG

lil' cheesy trick : the breaking pallets animation by hag looks the same (nearly the same) as a lunge attack, in both animations, she raise her hand, so you could bait a survivor making him thinking that you're breaking the pallet and you're lock in animation, so he leaves the loop (and hopefully he walks into a trap nearby)

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304

Trap the hooked person with 55 traps and press a button to teleport back to the hook and repeat.

And franklins.

Hag.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

A few tricks from a non-camping Hag.

• Put traps in 'junction' areas - doorways, main structures etc.
    • Put traps on one side of a pallet/vault, but far away enough that it won't just get triggered the second someone approaches from the other side. This will take some getting used to.
    • Put traps at the bottom of drops and holes.
    • Avoid chasing for too long. Ideally, you get one hit then herd them towards traps.
    • At first, concentrate your traps in high traffic areas. Later, you'll learn when to put them on the outsides of buildings etc.
    • Traps at the top of staircases or in dark/grassy areas are fantastic.
    • On very open maps, you'll want to trap the main structure primarily. On smaller/indoor maps, you can be more liberal and spread them out.
    • When someone drops a pallet, move back a bit and put a trap down. This will stop them from safely triggering it.
    • Run Monitor on Hag, this shrinks her TR to a very small level and will let you both set traps down unobserved and get easy 'first hits'.
    • Put traps near (but not on) active totems.
    • Don't bother trapping gens.
    • Usually I'll start the game off by trapping as I go, heading for the main structure, get about 6 down total then start checking gens.
    • You will lose gens early on Hag. Don't worry too much about it.
  • edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,236
    edited December 2021

Hag is very much an optimization killer. Every bit of her gameplay has little things here and there that quickly add up.

Identify a 4 gen setup early and stick to it. You're not playing the while map.

Make sure you have most of your traps down at all times. Sounds simple, but it's a constant battle because well-placed traps go off a lot.

Always hide your traps when possible. Instead of putting a trap directly in a choke point, offset it around the corner where someone can't see as they approach but keep it close enough so it goes off when they cross the choke point. Same goes for windows and pallets. Never put the trap directly in line with them. Always, always tuck your traps into grass when possible.

Instead of setting 3 traps by a hook after you hook, set 1 or 2 traps in some grass near hooks as you go, then hook survivors on the hooks with preset traps. This will drive them nuts if they're on comms.

Traps at the bottom of dropdowns are free hits. Same for stairs.

Agitation is an incredible perk for Hag. Hook survivors deep in your web/3 gen. Even better if it's basement. You need to force traffic into your web. Don't just take the nearest hook.

Spam your teleport button, but me mindful of situations where you shouldn't take a teleport. Survivors will pick up on TP spam and bait out bad teleports.

• PsychoTron
    PsychoTron Member Posts: 348

some good advice here.

as far as perks go, i used to run:

franklins, monitor, sloppy, a nurse's calling. but with the introduction of the circle of healing boon i didn't find it effective so i switched out to:

franklins, sloppy, save the best for last, make your choice.