Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

DS nerf when?

2»

Comments

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

DS is literally hit or miss, I guess they never miss huh?

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

>

The fact you still think rank even matters just debunks your entire argument. Purple rank can still get matched with Red ranks and i don’t play full time on console but from my time playing there its easy compared to pc.

The fact that you think your opinion is worth more than others just debunks your entire argument. We can do this all day long, buddy.

• PinkEricka
    PinkEricka Member Posts: 1,042

DS is literally hit or miss, I guess they never miss huh?

@MyNamePete Missing is occasional if you run that perk all the time. The skill check isn’t that hard to hit.
  • ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

@Tsulan said:
    ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:

PinkEricka said:

ToxicFengM1n said:

@PinkEricka said:

ToxicFengM1n said:

@PinkEricka said: ToxicFengM1n said:

In the higher ranks, some people learned that ds can be not as annoying by running enduring, so that ds is less hard hitting and you can get back in action fast, ds really does not need a nerf or buff, and I play killer 75% of my games        @ToxicFengM1n As I stated earlier in the comments, there are certain times that DS will rob killers of a well deserved kill, that’s the unfair part about it.    I don’t mind getting stunned, it’s the fact that a kill I worked for just got a free escape. Especially, when they get too cocky and teabag at the exit gate and get downed just to DS out. It rewards bad survivors.    If you’re going to give survivors a perk to escape

the killers grasp, at least have a downside to it like @I_am_Negan suggested. Make it an unnerving presence skill check or give them the broken/no mither status. If they decide to not do anything about it, that’s cool too because at the end of the day, it’s just a game.  I like the idea of broken status effect when using the perk, forcing survivors to hold onto it @ToxicFengM1n yes! I know people are going to be pissed as hell when it gets nerfed, but I feel like it would really shed some light to try and get survivors to use other perks. 

Community-wise also since the boosted ones always rely on it, I feel like it’ll help people play more efficiently and not too cocky.

A good idea for you all in community to evaluate is DS can get nerfed in a good way, I am not being rude, but DS is in my opinion the hardest perk to nerf, its like freddy, one nerf can make it too weak, one buff can make it too strong, reworking DS would take too long, and the people who say remove ds, you guys have ran this perk before, dont lie about it, a good way to nerf it is making it give you broken for 120/100/80 seconds and reduced action speeds by 14/13/12% for the rest of the trial after use, the skill check could be smaller and the stun time can be reduced, but this can lead to survivors not liking it and I hate making perk ideas that are not the best

I really like this idea. Tagging @not_Queen , even though I doubt she’ll see it heh.

Damn, you really give up fast. 

A injured survivor who's being chased anyway wouldn't have time to heal. So this uhh nerf is like trying to fight global warming by throwing ice cubes into the ocean. 

The big aspect of this nerf would be that the survivor would suffer a reduced action speed for the rest of the trail. Maybe even increase it to 15% for all tiers. That would definitely be a nice nerf without making the perk useless.

Survivors would save DS for the last hook. Gates are powered at this point. Or it wouldn't matter anyway. 

Still better than now though, where the DS just wastes an insane amount of time. Sometimes, if you do good enough as a killer, it won't ever get to the point of the exit gates being powered. And when only 2 or 3 survivors are alive, it's not that bad to get hit by DS.
    At least my problem with DS is that it just wastes so much time for the killer, especially at the beginning. Of course, though, maybe there is a better way to nerf DS.
    I'd honestly be happy if they just removed it until they found a way to nerf it properly.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:

PinkEricka said:

ToxicFengM1n said:

@PinkEricka said:

ToxicFengM1n said:

In the higher ranks, some people learned that ds can be not as annoying by running enduring, so that ds is less hard hitting and you can get back in action fast, ds really does not need a nerf or buff, and I play killer 75% of my games        @ToxicFengM1n As I stated earlier in the comments, there are certain times that DS will rob killers of a well deserved kill, that’s the unfair part about it.    I don’t mind getting stunned, it’s the fact that a kill I worked for just got a free escape. Especially, when they get too cocky and teabag at the exit gate and get downed just to DS out. It rewards bad survivors.    If you’re going to give survivors a perk to escape

the killers grasp, at least have a downside to it like @I_am_Negan suggested. Make it an unnerving presence skill check or give them the broken/no mither status. If they decide to not do anything about it, that’s cool too because at the end of the day, it’s just a game.  I like the idea of broken status effect when using the perk, forcing survivors to hold onto it @ToxicFengM1n yes! I know people are going to be pissed as hell when it gets nerfed, but I feel like it would really shed some light to try and get survivors to use other perks. 

Community-wise also since the boosted ones always rely on it, I feel like it’ll help people play more efficiently and not too cocky.

A good idea for you all in community to evaluate is DS can get nerfed in a good way, I am not being rude, but DS is in my opinion the hardest perk to nerf, its like freddy, one nerf can make it too weak, one buff can make it too strong, reworking DS would take too long, and the people who say remove ds, you guys have ran this perk before, dont lie about it, a good way to nerf it is making it give you broken for 120/100/80 seconds and reduced action speeds by 14/13/12% for the rest of the trial after use, the skill check could be smaller and the stun time can be reduced, but this can lead to survivors not liking it and I hate making perk ideas that are not the best

I really like this idea. Tagging @not_Queen , even though I doubt she’ll see it heh.

A injured survivor who's being chased anyway wouldn't have time to heal. So this uhh nerf is like trying to fight global warming by throwing ice cubes into the ocean. 

The big aspect of this nerf would be that the survivor would suffer a reduced action speed for the rest of the trail. Maybe even increase it to 15% for all tiers. That would definitely be a nice nerf without making the perk useless.

Survivors would save DS for the last hook. Gates are powered at this point. Or it wouldn't matter anyway. 

Still better than now though, where the DS just wastes an insane amount of time. Sometimes, if you do good enough as a killer, it won't ever get to the point of the exit gates being powered. And when only 2 or 3 survivors are alive, it's not that bad to get hit by DS.
    At least my problem with DS is that it just wastes so much time for the killer, especially at the beginning. Of course, though, maybe there is a better way to nerf DS.
    I'd honestly be happy if they just removed it until they found a way to nerf it properly.

1 DS is just annoying. 
    4 DS could mean a complete loss for the killer. 
    It all depends on how good those survivors are.
    For bad survivors it's just some extra time. For good survivors it's a extra life.
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

@PinkEricka said:
    ToxicFengM1n said:

@PinkEricka said:

ToxicFengM1n said:

@PinkEricka said:

ToxicFengM1n said:

In the higher ranks, some people learned that ds can be not as annoying by running enduring, so that ds is less hard hitting and you can get back in action fast, ds really does not need a nerf or buff, and I play killer 75% of my games @ToxicFengM1n As I stated earlier in the comments, there are certain times that DS will rob killers of a well deserved kill, that’s the unfair part about it. I don’t mind getting stunned, it’s the fact that a kill I worked for just got a free escape. Especially, when they get too cocky and teabag at the exit gate and get downed just to DS out. It rewards bad survivors. If you’re going to give survivors a perk to escape

the killers grasp, at least have a downside to it like @I_am_Negan suggested. Make it an unnerving presence skill check or give them the broken/no mither status.

If they decide to not do anything about it, that’s cool too because at the end of the day, it’s just a game. 

I like the idea of broken status effect when using the perk, forcing survivors to hold onto it

@ToxicFengM1n yes! I know people are going to be pissed as hell when it gets nerfed, but I feel like it would really shed some light to try and get survivors to use other perks. 

I made a reworked idea of this, https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/40973/decisive-strike-perk-rework-towards-the-entire-perk-long#latest

• ForeheadSurviors
    ForeheadSurviors Member Posts: 154
    Tsulan said:
    ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:

PinkEricka said:

ToxicFengM1n said:

@PinkEricka said:

ToxicFengM1n said:

1 DS is just annoying. 
    For bad survivors it's just some extra time. For good survivors it's a extra life.
    Or maybe you’re not as good as you think you’re. Or git gud
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan said:
    ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:

PinkEricka said:

ToxicFengM1n said:

@PinkEricka said:

ToxicFengM1n said:

1 DS is just annoying. 
    Never said it means a loss for ME.
    Read again. 

DS users that tell others to git gud are hilarious btw.
  • ForeheadSurviors
    ForeheadSurviors Member Posts: 154
    Tsulan said:
    Tsulan said:
    ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:

PinkEricka said:

ToxicFengM1n said:

@PinkEricka said:

ToxicFengM1n said:

1 DS is just annoying. 
    Read again. 

People that complain on the forums 24/7 about everything are hilarious btw.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan said:
    Tsulan said:
    ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:
    ad19970 said:

@Tsulan said:

PinkEricka said:

ToxicFengM1n said:

@PinkEricka said:

ToxicFengM1n said:

1 DS is just annoying. 
    Read again. 

People that complain on the forums 24/7 about everything are hilarious btw.
    I know, it's pathetic...

Btw. Running out of arguments?
    Or do you feel personally attacked?
    Just curious. 
  • RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    I use Rancor or a Mori on the obsesion to dodge DS. If that is not viable, it is dribling time. Practice makes perfect (and I have much practice to do LOL).
  • Vesperiavi
    Vesperiavi Member Posts: 45
    DS doesn't bother me, I play killer (and survivor) and it's a one time thing, just turn around and get them again. I personally don't see the problem. It's like Deliverance to me. Cheeky escape trick but it's only a one time ordeal.
  • Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    Ds is strong perk but so are the addons for nurse or hillbilly. If you dont like a challenge against survivors just play meta killers with meta builds ,addons. Whats the problem?