Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I Don't Get It

When the skillchecks were introduced for the second hook stages, people were okay with it, but now that it's being added for wiggling, it's like the worst thing in the world?

First off, the great skillcheck only takes 1 second off for how long you can wiggle for, that's it. Not that game changing, so it's nothing OP. And Second, it's a mechanic introduced to people with accessibilities, and so you don't need to continuously smash your A and D button, or jerk your joystick back and forth, so it's no longer a problem for the platforms that you play on. And another thing too, is that hitting great skillchecks while wiggling increases your survival BP by a lot, and that's usually the hardest category to get the most BP out of, so I see this as a win.

I for one am glad with this change, and I can't wait for this to come to the live servers,

Comments

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

I personally think the extra 1s decrease wiggle speed is great. I think wiggling has needed to be slightly buffed for a while.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

I don't think people are complaining about the skill check part, it's the survivor being able to wiggle away even faster with Great Skillchecks.

There's enough ish for killers to keep track of when playing and now we have to worry about our internal countdown clocks being off because a survivor is nailing great skill checks.

• FixtionuL
    FixtionuL Member Posts: 54

I'm on console so I don't get to play ptb so I'm curious, so the wiggle skill check is like a gen skill check where it has a great zone and not like a 2nd hook stage one where it's just a success zone? Personally I'll be loving wiggle skill check because my thumb stick gets shredded after a while but I don't want time to wiggle off changed.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

It's got a great skill zone put smack bang in the middle of the skill zone, IIRC.

• bowo
    bowo Member Posts: 121

yeah, i'm totally happy with this change. hitting every great zone possible looks like it will be very difficult and takes off very little time.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

If it's too small to matter, there's no reason to be happy about it: it's a wasteful addition.

If it is enough to matter, it shouldn't be added because a usability change shouldn't buff the side too.

• FixtionuL
    FixtionuL Member Posts: 54

Once the patch comes out I'll be interested in the data of survivors wiggling out and if the devs after a patch or 2 would change it or change hook spawn distances/spawn logic. Anyone use toggle interactions yet? Is it nice?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Classical Overreaction. Maps usually have Hooks close enough together that you dont really reach the end of the Wiggle-meter at all. The only exception might be Swamp-Maps and maybe Midwhich, however, I have now seen a Midwich-Map with a Hook right on top of the Basement (next to the entry), so probably more than enough Hooks back on this Map again...

But I guess players will draw Horror scenarios, obviously mentioning SWFs (the ultimate strawman), Breakout, Boil Over and the new wiggle...

In the end, it will not matter at all in almost all cases I guess.

Personally, I would prefer extra BPs in Survival instead of speeding up the Wiggle-Progress, but if they keep the Progress of 1 second (at max), it would not have much impact anyway.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

When I saw that, all I could think of was the sabo breakout squads who will also be bringing Boil Over. Not that those are common, but they might be made more common if the Boil Over buff (only concerning the 25% gain in wiggle time) and wiggling great skill check make it to live servers.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

Basement hooks, Scourge hooks, bodyblocking, main buildings without a hook.

I don't think it's going to be each game thing, but it's also not impossible as some are trying to say.

They should move it by 0,5 second, so instead from worst to best 16 to 15 it would be 16,5 to 15,5. This way you have both reward and punishment compare to previous version.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

I dont care, really. But it is just the typical overreaction which is happening.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

Can we make whole thing be considered great skill checks but take the 16 seconds instead of quicker 15 so I can get "hit great skill checks" challenges done faster?

• SilentSpectre
    SilentSpectre Member Posts: 830

The only issue is that you can now escape quicker than before. Another nerf to killers (meanwhile survivors have been getting buffs for the last 4 updates).

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

1 second is massive. There are so many last second hooks that won't happen now.

These devs are bias towards the survivor side and this update just solidifies it. Noobs have been crying and whining about "wiggle does nothing" for ages and the response has always been that you are not meant to wiggle off the killers shoulder and it is just there to prevent going to the basement every hook.

A non bias dev team would have made sure it was the same time to wiggle.

Well it looks like the cries have finally been heard and they are reducing wiggle time and buffing a perk (they won't change it) to make it even worse for killers.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I dont mind more options, if they stay as options you can change. Second stage and wiggle arent options, they are being replaced

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

I don't get why it has great skill checks that boost the timer that's all.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Pretty important to concider that it's only a second off when they hit the progressively harder skillchecks. Most survivors won't do this concistantly.

And how often does it happen you are hooking a survivor in that last second? I think it would already be an exaggeration if it happened once every 100 matches

I would have prefered that hitting great skillchecks had a bigger push effect on the killer instead of wiggling faster but while technically a buff it's so insignificant that it's really not worth worrying about.

• CyberDragoon656
    CyberDragoon656 Member Posts: 960

Oh it can still happen especially with the nonsense of people crouching in front of the hook to stop you.

also no I have to disagree about the idea great skill checks moving the killer cause with some maps like the game, rpd and some versions of the larger maps it can royally screw over killers putting people on hooks due to pallet and debris placement.