Billy nerf to this day are still unnecessary

Options
hillbilly_is_pog
hillbilly_is_pog Applicant Posts: 34
edited January 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

i still fail to understand why billy was nerfed, the only problem with billy was insta saw and cool-down addons. there was absolutely nothing wrong with his base kit.

who remembers in 2019 how you would literally verse a billy every 2-3 games? now you verse one every 2-3 days.

i don’t mind his new animations too much as the old ones looked pretty outdated but his new animations caused his hitbox to not line up and look/feel super janky.

do this day, nearly a year and a half later, people still complain about these nerfs (rightfully so) which should just absolutely show you how unnecessary this was.

(assuming no insta saw) billy was the most balanced killer in the game, he was literally a fan favourite and now he is in a complete mess. #revivebilly

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Danielgdp3
    Danielgdp3 Member Posts: 452
    Options

Yeah the rework for him was pretty rough.

i dont mind the overheat aspect they added but it does suck overall that now you never get to face a billy as he is one of the most fun to verse and to also even play as. Some of my most memorable matches are against the billy

• LoneSlinger
    LoneSlinger Member Posts: 500
    Options
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,618
    Options

Because at some point, the "most balanced Killer" is not the most balanced Killer anymore if Killer becomes easier over time. The best mobility combined with an easy to use Instadown might have been too much.

However, the Nerf aka Overheat does not really impact him at all. You barely notice it.

What hurts him way more were the changes to animations and FoV. The latter can be somewhat fixed with using Shadowborn, but not everyone wants to use a Perk to negate a Chance which nobody asked for.

And the animations made him feel really clunky.

I guarantee, if they remove Overheat, Billy will not be played more, simply because his animations would still remain the same.

• hillbilly_is_pog
    Options

you don’t really overheat anymore because subconsciously you are aware of overheat and play around it, imagine if overheat didn’t exist how much more you would use your saw without using it.

for reference im a billy main (artist aswell) hence my username and i’ve played my fair share of billy. i’ve noticed after i finish a sprint i walk for a bit before sprinting again to cool down, i realised this when i recorded my matches and watched for criticism on myself.

even if they just change the animations back for first person (killer perspective) but keep his 3rd person (survivor perspective) animations pre rework it would definitely be super cleaner to play.

about the shadowborn situation, i don’t really care for winning as billy since he’s trash now so i run shadowborn, bbq, lethal and enduring. much like every other billy i play for chase so i can get around that, it’s a shame that billy went from being a good killer to a killer that you have to kinda just expect to loose and go into the match with the mindset that your going to loose.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

I feel the same way about Spirit (although her nerfs were necessary) in terms of never seeing her in my survivor games. It’s so sad everyone dropped her and is about to completely drop her for Sadako ;(

• hillbilly_is_pog
    Options

absolutely do not revert freddy, he can go ######### himself. boring to play, even more boring to play against, took zero skill and massive reward. freddy deserved his nerfs

poor billy though, didn’t deserve any of it.

slinger was super annoying to play against but was fair so they could have just done quality of life changes to him

• hillbilly_is_pog
    Options

truthfully alot of people played spirit because she was pretty cheap, her skill to reward ratio was low skill high reward, some people just prefer the easy route. i feel like alot of those people moved to artist as her skill to reward ratio is pretty low aswell

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options

The worst part was how BHVR wrote a bunch of stuff about how balanced he was with good counterplay options for survivors but they nerfed him anyway. Part of the long history of unnecessary killer nerfs. The only thing that made him OP was instasaw, but rather than just change those add-ons they nuked everything and made all his add-ons pretty much useless

• hillbilly_is_pog
    Options

how much money you betting almo versed a billy and got annoyed then did this lmao

• hillbilly_is_pog
    Options

“hey we don’t like insta saw can yous do something about that” - community

”absolutely we will make sure we fix instasaw plus more”

• LoneSlinger
    Options

I mean we all saw that one dev that couldn't hit a huntress lullaby skill check

Then boom next patch it was nerfed

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

The unlimited mobility was too much. That’s it mixed with toning down all the maps at those times. The maps were survivor sided.

A lot of broken killer things were allowed, because both sides were broken. Once map reworks came through, Nurse, spirit, Billy were nerfed.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

Almo did not nerf Billy though there was a list of changes that were made that he did and it’s not on his list. Also please don’t point fingers at people it’s disrespectful yes I understand he made some questionable decisions but stop harassing one guy because he didn’t do this one change

• LoneSlinger
    Options

Not saying it's ok to attack almo

But when they reworked plague they shadow nerfed one of her add ons

And McLean said and I qoute

"I didn't even know we were nerfing it I thought it was always 4-5%"

If that tells you anything about the dev team and how much they play the game

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    Options

This is what happened, most likely. This is the only "logical" explanation.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,895
    Options

Billy wasnt really nerfed too much, even Overheat barely affects his gameplay at all, it's his animations from the killer perspective that make a massive difference, let alone that he suffers the same thing as cloaked Wraith: he's very loud to the point where you dont hear survivor footsteps.

Thing was, the Ruin change affected Billy more than his basekit changes did. Having less good results, combined with horrible user experience, makes Billy not a fun killer to play. If they revisited his animations on the player's POV and gave him some slight QoL changes, he'd be fine.

Plague's addon really was quite a niche one. It was made more popular by Otz, but devs dont always watch videos. Considering most killers that have an increased movementspeed with their addons while charging their power dont cross their basekit movementspeed, it's quite natural to assume that Plague also followed this rule.

• LoneSlinger
    Options

No trying to be rude but I've worked on games before and in order for them to change the value they would've had to actually look at the old value before they changed it

So in order for him to say that he either did the change blind or just straight up didn't look and idk which is worse

• Moodyy
    Moodyy Member Posts: 122
    Options

His animations are bugged. the only intentional change was his cooldown animation

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,895
    Options

"No trying to be rude but I've worked on games before and in order for them to change the value they would've had to actually look at the old value before they changed it"

There is actually a quick oversight for this tho: accidentally clearing the field, quickly calculating what % would make her 115% while holding her puke and filling that % back into the slot.

Again, if you assume that killers never walk faster while holding their power, this is quite an easy mistake to make.

• justalilbit123
    justalilbit123 Member Posts: 190
    Options

Unpopular opinion, billy was boring as hell to play against. Playing against billy every 2 games and literally every time he's running no skill smoothbrain instasaw (killer main here, don't lie, instasaw was so easy anyone could pick up billy and 4k).

Yeah he didn't deserve to have the overheat crap added but the saw speed addons had to go.

• LoneSlinger
    Options

Again not trying to be rude but whenever you make a game you have 1000s of backups

Any dev any amount of experience even just 1 or 2 years knows that when you accidentally erase or clear something you just restore to the last backup instead of guessing

Come on dude we are talking about professionals here working in unreal engine one of the easiest engines to use it even autobackups if it feels you've made significant progress it's a setting you can turn on

Not rocket science

• Flimflam
    Flimflam Member Posts: 103
    edited January 2022
    Options

He was nerfed because internally BHVR seems to have made the stupid decision that every killer needs some kind of meter or ammo to go with their power. So they added overheat for no reason other than to have a little bar that fills up around his power picture. The addon changes were also made due to "just because" reasons. They've decided that all killers need 2 ultras and whatever amount of p/g/y/b addons they have.

His entire rework was driven because of some dumb design policy over actual need. The way BHVR would put it is his design was probably the last one that was "inconsistent" with the rest of the game. very silly stuff.

• LoneSlinger
    Options

If you honestly think slinger deserved the nerfs he got that's pretty laughable tbh

• ryseterion
    ryseterion Member Posts: 445
    Options
  • Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417
    Options

If given the chance and choice to have either overheat or his animations reverted id go with animations no contest.

• KrampusJumpscare
    KrampusJumpscare Member Posts: 71
    Options

The only nerf needed was insta saw, the nerf was definitely overkill. He still mad fun with engravings tho, the skill ceiling is pretty high with billy and the difference between the avarage billy and a great one is tremendous. People just don't put the hours to learn him.