Overcharge Rework

Gamerherz
Gamerherz Member Posts: 49
edited January 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

We will keep the skillcheck with Progression loss of X % if you don’t succeed at hitting the skillcheck, but we will add a faster regression speed when a gen got kicked, instead of 100% it will be 200%. Same as ruin, but it’s not a hex which will do the work for the killer which means the killer has to work for it but get great reward doing so .

It will reward the killer if he decides to spend his time on walking to a gen in a distance instead of camping a survivor for example. Since most killers tend to camp the survivor because they know or are scared that they can’t stop the gen which he knows is almost done. 

Your thoughts ?

Comments

• Zolfo16
    Zolfo16 Member Posts: 479

You simply need to fix the fact that overcharge's skill check can be done on the move.

It is an anti-gentapping perk that doesn't work.

You receive the skillcheck, if you do not stay there in order to complete it you will fail it!

• Gamerherz

still no one will use it. Why would the killer bother going cross map to leave a hooked survivor just to kick a gen to get regression of 1/4 of the progression of 1 survivor. He’d rather just camp the person on the hook. And that’s what I want to avoid as much as possible. With 200% regression it will be more incentivizing to go and kick a gen since it’s a big reward for not camping. And I’m sure you’ll agree with me that that’s better then having him camp you

• Zolfo16

No, i think the whole point of the perk is to better defend a 3 gen situation.

You choose 3 gens that are close and defend them, as soon as surv notice it they will start to roam around one of those 3 in order to break your strategy and continously tap the gens you kick.

You need something like 3 seconds to kick, they need 0.2 seconds to tap.

If they are cohordinated they can assault the gen from different directions and finish it while you are busy shooing the other ones.

Overcharge was about to stop or making more difficult this strategy, you cannot tap for a splitsecond but you have to stay and do the SC or the gen explode. But it doesn't work, the SC comes even if you move away.

• Gamerherz

But its not enough for players wanting to use it. People dont use it right now because the skillcheck is easy to hit. Thats why i gave it a new effect which makes this perk way better. And it will actually make people want to use it.

• Zolfo16

The point "the skillcheck is easy" leads nowhere my dude.

There are people able to ignore the old ruin always hitting the excellent SC and there are people not able to hit normal skill checks consistently.

You can't make a SC more difficult because there are pro players because otherwise the game would become impossible for the casual ones.

For some people DS is a difficult SC and overcharge is the same.

I think the point of OC is not hitting or failing the SC but stay on the gen until it come and until you complete it, instead of tapping and running away.

It is only 2 seconds? In a situation where you are assaulting a gen closely defended 2 seconds are a huge amount of time.

• Gamerherz

I dont get your point, i literally just said that no one uses overcharge bc the skill check is to easy since you want to build on the skillcheck. And then you continue explaining something that wasnt even part of the discussion. I never said i want to make skill checks harder, i only said skill checks are easy. And thats just a fact

• Zolfo16

Noone use OC because OC doesn't work the way it was intended.

It is useless as regresson because of the SC, i agree, but it is also useless to contrast the gentapping (this was his purpouse i think, not being a regression perk) because of a "bug".

I think we simply need to correct that issue and overcharge will be handy as antitap, IF you want it to become a regresson perk you need to heavily rework it.