Which killer is unlikely to be changed/gutted in your opinion?

Options
Leachy_Jr
Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,140
edited January 2022 in General Discussions

Ever since slinger nerf I've been looking for a new main since he just isn't fun anymore. I've stumbled across artist and trickster as the 2 killers I enjoy most, possibly blight as well since I got a PS5.

Issue is, I don't want to spend another year and a half maining a killer just for them to be gutted in terms of viability and fun.

I was thinking artist mainly, as trickster (while incredibly fun) is super bad on console, as in easily the worst killer on console.

Thing is, artist is new, and she's actually decent in chase which we all know survivors don't like, so she could be changed. Now this is BHVR, so the change will either be so minor it does nothing, or so big it absolutely kills her. With justification that "oh well she's 1% faster when holding crows" as "compensation".

Her change is bound to come in about 3 months, or 1.5 months-ish if they decide to straight up nerf her like what they did to pinhead with his add ons.

So what do I do? Who else do you reckon has a low chance of being changed?

(Also if the dev behind the slinger nerf reads this please revert thank you thank you)

Comments

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,225
    Options

I know.

However, if they decide to do the right thing for a change, Hag will probably avoid their terrible grip.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Artist will eventually have a balance pass, no idea how much they'll change for better or worse but I suspect they'll make changes for her maybe in March or June? 🤷‍♂️

They also at some point mentioned they were working on Legion but gave no details. It's been a few months since then so Legion's update could be any time maybe.

I guess if you like Deathslinger you could try Huntress? She doesn't have Deathslinger's annoyingly slow turning speed while aiming, and her hatchets always do damage on a hit whereas Deathslinger sometimes doesn't get a down if he hits from across a pallet.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,140
    Options

Have you seen the state my slingy boi and twins are in? The last good changes they did was with Mcleans last patch, and mclean didn't even do the slinger nerfs.

Also this is the best thread for someone with a freddy PFP considering old freddy was basically deleted. God I miss old fredster so much :(

• psionic
    psionic Member Posts: 670
    Options

I guess they may nerf her addons, probably they will get rid of recharge and range addons.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,225
    Options

Yep, I know.

I know all of this all too well.

I am just saying that, if a miracle happens and the devs suddenly decide to do what they should do, Hag will probably avoid any changes, as she really doesn't need them.

However, the chances are minimal.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

Off the top of my head, I really don't think they'll be touching Doctor for a long time if ever

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,741
    Options

I hope so too. I personally believe Hag is boring, but I will never deny she's in a good spot. She has a strong power with plenty of counterplay if the survivors know what they're doing and are careful.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

Blight. They aren't event touching chemist ring. not telling about his exploits

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

there never gonna gutt nurse cause she was gutted almost 5 times and she’s still the best killer

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

My first thought is Trickster simply because they seem to really push that chapter so I don't see them gutting him.

Huntress and Hag are two others I think they have soft spots for which will keep them safe.

I'd say Trapper but they keep screwing him over with maps. 😔

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

I don’t think Huntress will ever get changed. But again it’s BHVR so you never really know.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723
    Options

Doctor, Huntress, Oni, and Demogorgon.

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074
    Options

I don't think Nurse will ever get gutted. The devs actually know that she is very powerful but hard to play and don't touch her much so that's good.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

I don't think any killer is immune from nerfs or gutting. I mean they nerfed Clown in this patch, dude. Anything survivors can even remotely complain about is liable to change.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Legion lol

😭

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Honestly our opinions mean #@!$ to bhvr. They have reworked killers that were absolutely fine and turned them into garbage tier. On the other end they reworked killers that desperately needed it and all they did was tweak some numbers on add ons. We have a huge difference of the meaning of the word rework. There's no logic or reason to their decisions.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,605
    edited January 2022
    Options

Mostly the old ones with the most simple powers.

Wraith won't be nerfed again I think. The Trapper will remain untouched except maybe more buffs and addon changes, Hillbilly is nerfed enough, Huntres will remain untouched except maybe some addon changes, Hag have a power little susceptible to changes or nerfs and is also one of the killers with less pickrate. I think the killers released starting from Freddy and ahead are the most susceptible to changes because Freddy started the way of more intrincate powers in killers with the exception of Doctor maybe and Myers who is an outdated killer that will be touched sooner or later.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

They will never nerf Myers since everyone considers him bottom tier. Even below Pig and Legion.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

Huntress.

Now I get Trapper is the face of the game, but in reality if Huntress ever got hit hard - I swear the community would actually straight up Riot. They so much as move a pin's worth on this Killer and people start point guns at BHVR, and she then get's left alone. That's not a bad thing by the way. I love it. I am glad that this Killer can remain relatively balanced and reflect player skill, and avoid getting hit by the big ol' nerf hammer.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,955
    Options

Best boi Demogorgon!

I hope you got him. He is a lot of fun to play, nearly everyone says that he is like the perfectly balanced killer and it doesn't make sense to gut him, right? Right?!

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838
    Options

Trapper is unlikely to gutted; they can't make him weaker than power creep has.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

Honestly at this point there's no telling. Billy got wrecked. Deathslinger got wrecked. Now Twins and Nemesis got wrecked... there's just really no telling.

• Labrac
    Labrac Applicant Posts: 1,285
    Options

I think Artist and Blight are getting the nerf hammer eventually. Trickster is already bad so I can see him actually getting minor buffs.

Some other options are Huntress, Oni and Demogorgon.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Pig. As one of the worst killers they would never nerf her, least of all every other patch.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

There's a 99% chance they won't touch Demogorgon anymore

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

Huntress, obviously. She's the household darling of bhvr.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    Options

I don't think Blight is safe. Blight is a character that they've been adjusting almost constantly since he's come out. I think they'll continue to make adjustments.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

They've nerfed bottom tier killers before. Pig recieved nerfs in the last mid chapter. Clown in this one. 100% believe tombstone piece and maybe tuft of hair will be gutted in the future for Myers.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

I hope not lol. Tp+jmm is fun as hell.

Makes me feel like a killer sometimes tbh. Also like playing against it but can't remember the last time it happened.

You don't see Myers that often let alone tp one.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

I'd say Hag unfortunately. The devs probably think she has decent counters and isn't played a lot so they aren't going to nerf her.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    Options

If it's between Artist and Trickster, I would say maining Artist might be a better idea. Because of how hated Trickster is, I wouldn't be surprised if BHRV "gutted" him at some point.

• Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326
    Options

Artist is expected but at least I never spent any money on her so I won't feel too bad.

I do fear for doctor in the distant future.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

Demo will never get nerfed. He is the most beloved Killer in the came and it's always fun to play vs him.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917
    Options
  • MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

But some delusional people actually complained about Billy. I see no one complaining about Demo.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,044
    edited January 2022
    Options

Thing is, BHVR love Trickster. A look at how they've treated him since his release compared to other killers proves it - about 6 separate buff passes, a whole slew of marketing and advertising and cosmetics and preferential treatment, skipping the Tome queue, a Legendary set relatively soon after release, and even the Anniversary quotes were completely filled with praise and adoration for him from the devs.

It's very clear that they want Trickster to be a popular killer, and to be played as much as Huntress - who's the most commonly played killer if I'm remembering right. Kind of like how Billy was really popular and free, so they kept trying to make "better" Billy-type killers like Oni and Blight to get his audience until throwing in the towel and nerfing him into the ground while buffing up Bubba. I don't think they'll nerf Huntress, so I have no doubt in my mind that Trickster will get nothing but buffs in the future until they judge him and his kill rates as being "as good as Huntress".

Now if only they'd give the same care to Twins and Deathslinger instead of locking them in a shed like an abusive parent, acknowledging their existences every so often by going in and beating them up.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

I've been playing for years, and in my experience, this question has no answer.

Strong, weak, popular, unpopular, fun, boring, it absolutely doesn't matter. Out of the blue any killer can have their teeth kicked out for any passing fancy of the devs.

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Honestly no killer is safe unfortunately. But some are highly unlikely. Then again I thought the same about Wraith. I’d say Trapper is pretty safe though.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

Noed. It kills more people than 99% of killers

• Puddles
    Puddles Member Posts: 95
    edited January 2022
    Options

As a survivor main, I am looking foward to that. Hate the crows.

But I think she just need a small tweak in the crow setup time or movement speed while seting up crows. Why? People always say to me: "It is easy to counter artist, when she position a crow, you run to another loop" but is is commom for me to get hit because not enough distance is made, she can setup her crow very fast.

• xRam40I9
    xRam40I9 Applicant Posts: 55
    Options

Lag flicks got removed, what else is considered an exploit?

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

not too long ago i would have said Deathslinger, because he was pretty much in a perfect spot, balance wise.

prior to him i would have said Hillbilly, because he too was in a state where he was widely accepted to be the most balanced basekit Killer ingame.

now i really dont know anymore.

if those two got gutted, then everyone is possible.